“you get what you pay for.” 4 of 5 stars

Sun Suites Gulfport Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9145 Highway 49, Gulfport, MS 39503   |
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Denham Springs, Louisiana
“you get what you pay for.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I have been to the sun suites on more than one trip to Gulfport. It was a great time one trip and not so great on others. That said, you get what you pay for. It's cheap, there is a full kitchen with a full size fridge, a microwave,(if you get a room with one that works.) and a big laundry room by the office. Also bring your own pillow theirs suck. Staff was always as helpful as they could be.

Room Tip: test A/C and microwave as soon as you get in the room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel is horrible, the Manager is never in to talk to about room conditions, and the so called supervisor is a mess, no respect, has a very nasty mouth,and when did it become okay to have a child running the place because that is exactly what she is a child!!! I came down and asked for towels she told me it would be a few hours, the room smelled like smoke and it was suppose to be no smoking, I over heard other guest talk about roaches and bed bugs. The Manager finally came to work and she is no better than her supervisor, I think her name was Melody because I got a card from the office and the supervisor was Hailey. Horrible service for the faces of the company when you have front desk clerks that are more professional than management thanks to the two black women that work at night you helped the hotel a lot! This is for who ever is over the company you should get new office Managers for this property as soon as possible, not wrote up but fired and replace as soon as possible because I run a very smooth business and if any of my employees acted out like these suppose to be Managers they would be looking for jobs somewhere else!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: As long as these two girls are over the place, check in at another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SunSuitesGulfport, Manager at Sun Suites Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Guest, We are so sorry you had an unusual experience. We pride ourselves in operating our hotels in an professional manner. We operate over 40 hotels in the southeast. All of our hotels have Full Kitchens, wireless internet, guest laundry and we strive to always be clean and friendly.

Management.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I am currently staying at this location. I travel for work and stay at Sun Suites whenever possible! The staff here is amazing and the rooms are very clean! I love how everything is included in the price even pots and pans!! My GPS decided to break on me and when I ask the girls at the desk to look up directions for me they do it with a smile!! You definitely will not regret staying here!

• Stayed January 2013
SunSuitesGulfport, General Manager at Sun Suites Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is encouraging to know that you are enjoying your stay and I will be sure our entire staff sees your review! Sounds like you enjoy our Full Kitchens that we have in every room.We look forward to making the rest of your stay enjoyable. Thank you for letting us accommodate you with your lodging needs!

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Every room Smelled Smoky, misty even after changing 2 rooms. Dead insects, and some crawling under the sink with leaky water. Mold/mildew in the ceiling with water stain. Coffee pot without the coffee, and no utensils to be found except for 2 forks, one bowl and few plates. Mattress needs attention, because their springs gave up, and towels as if some one neatly wrapped cleaning rags. I doubt about the refrigerator was working to maximum cooling capacity, and microwave had burned spots, People were hanging out all night long with some pro women and not a place I would recommend at any cost.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SunSuitesGulfport, General Manager at Sun Suites Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so sorry we did not meet your expectation. We pride ourselves in always being clean and friendly. All of our rooms have full kitchens, full size refrigerator, microwave and two eye stove top. We have all you need to cook with. Free wireless in every room and 24 hour laundry facility.

Port Lavaca, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Early this morning my boyfriend and I began to make our trip from Texas (where he is working currently) back home to Georgia for Christmas. We had previously stayed here at the Sun Suites back in November for about 2 weeks while he was working in this area and had a good experience. Rather than drive the whole 15 hours back home in one day, we decided to cut our trip in half and stay at this hotel again because the price is right and it is a nice hotel. The staff has always been friendly towards us and this same sentiment was expressed today when the lady, Jillian, working at the front desk gave us an amazing deal for the king sized bed for one night. I have never before seen a rate this low, especially for two people with a king size bed. This hotel features a kitchenette with a full size fridge, a coffee pot, a 2-burner stove, sink, and they even give you silverware and dishes for you to use during your stay. I've stayed at a few other extended stay hotels with kitchenettes and they always try to charge you extra for every little thing you need (dishes, coffee pot, wifi, etc...) But the Sun Suites is a true gem and doesn't charge you anything extra, everything is included. If you need dish detergent, all you have to do is ask and they give you a decent size packet free and they don't try to limit your freebies. There is a laundromat on site that is relatively cheap. The rates at this hotel are very nice compared to other hotels in the area; they offer the most for less money. There is a gas station and a few restaurants in walking distance. Walmart is just down the road as well as a few shopping centers. The rooms are clean and the housekeepers are sweet. The hotel perimeter has cameras posted up everywhere so it truly makes you feel safe. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Gulfport and hope to return soon. Merry Christmas! Thank you Sun Suites and Jillian! Y'all really are amazing. :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We wanted a place close to the airport at a reasonable rate because of an early flight. I would say that we picked the wrong place. While the cost was reasonable ($60.00 for the night) the bed was terrible. After sleeping there one night my back was junk. We were delayed on our flight and the night before we finally flew out, we spend at the Ramada just up the street. It was a few bucks more, probably leess than $10.00 but worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The use of "Suites" in this chain's name is a real stretch of the word. This place would be fine for construction workers working out of town, but not for the professional business traveller. The rooms are bare minimum. Bed, small table and two cheap chairs, with one wall that has a cooktop, refrig and kitchen sink. This is does not have any resemblance to other Extended Stay hotels. Don't get me wrong, it was clean and it was cheap, but it is not comfortable. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sun Suites Gulfport Airport? Share your experiences!