“Scam artists” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Gulfport

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn - Gulfport to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Gulfport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9375 Highway 49, Gulfport, MS 39503 (Formerly Best Value Inn - Gulfport)   |
Ranked #17 of 28 hotels in Gulfport
Pensacola, Florida
“Scam artists”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed for one night. Upon check in I was informed that the key card machine was broken. Anytime we left we had to go to front office to get a staff member to let us in. At 11 pm some one called posing as the manager. They said the computers had went down and they needed to reenter our credit card info. I told them I would take care of it in the morning and hung up. They called right back and said they would give me a 35% discount if I verified my info. I told them I would come to the office and talk face to face. Office was locked. A member of housekeeping came to window and told me manager was across the street at walmart and no one from the office called my room. She informed me that the manager would "look into" when he returned. Never got an answer. Next morning I spoke with lady at front desk and she said that they did not call and that there was nothing they could do about it. Never was offered a discount. She mentioned that there was some sort of scam going on but they did not have anything to do with it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have to disagree with the majority of the other reviews. I was booked at this hotel with a travel company for this year's Super Bowl. I must be honest, I took pause when I read the posted reviews fearing I was sacrificing quality. To my delight, I was shocked when we checked in, the room was spacious, we had a mini fridge AND microwave, and the FREE breakfasts in the morning were hearty! The staff was gracious and very friendly. Mitch at the front desk was very helpful when I needed a replacement for our room alarm clock, ask and ye shall receive! My only negative was the loud airplanes, but honestly, I was so tired they never woke me, only startled during the daytime. Good job guys!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I usually don't write reviews but I thought I should warn you about this hotel. We were driving through I10 and decided to sleep at Gulfport because of bad weather. This hotel was close to the highway; it was cheap and had a good breakfast. The front desk lady was nice and helpful, and the room was clean and in decent conditions, although it was very noise because of its proximity to the highway. HOWEVER: at 5 in the morning we got a phone call from someone who pretended to be part of the staff, who said that there was a problem with our payment and that he needed our personal information. We ignored him of course and went back to sleep. To make things worse, when we woke up we realized that the night latch was half-open, like if someone tried to open the door while we were sleeping (check the picture to see what I mean). We tried to figure out how did that happen, and we realized that the door opened without using the keycard. Our door had the "do not disturb" sign outside, so I suspect that whoever tried to open the door knew that there was people inside. When we told the morning front-desk employee about these problems, she did not seem surprised at all about the phone call, and said that they will fix the lock soon.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wilmette, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We reserved theroom via Hotwire and the motel name was not given to us until the room was booked. Upon leaning the name of the motel, I checked here and was horrified to see the poor reviews and wanted to cancel. Hotwire said they "would work it out" if I had a similiar experience of their guests past. Upon checking in, my expectations were at low tide, but was pleasantly surprised to find a nice clean room, carpeting was newer and no smoke smell in the room whatsoever. The AC worked just fine, and truly, I found no issues. The breakfast was much better than what we find for the average budget-priced motel. The "biker guy" as he introduced himself was helpful and friendly.

So, I would return if we are in theGulfport area. There is a mile long strip of restaurants and motels within the flight path of the airport, and the noise could be heard outside during the day, but honestly, we heard nothing during the night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Brusly, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Please don't waste your money here. The rooms were not clean nor comfortable. There was hair all over the floor. It was so bad, we almost just slept in the car. Management did nothing to accomodate for the inconvenience. Even their apology was pitiful!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

While on a road trip we stopped for a nights rest -- rooms are pretty cheap *you get what you pay for*. Rooms are dated, smell & in need of some TLC. Breakfast was free -- all cold -- nothing great.

It's a value in money but not in quality.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Grapevine, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was the only hotel with a vacancy when we booked online. We got to our room and it was a smoking room (reserved non smoking) smelled horrible. The carpet was disgusting, the ac unit was disgusting, some of the lights did not work. If we had not drove 7 hours to take our boys to the beach we would have turned around and went home. At $100 dollars a night you expect a clean room. This place looked like one of those rent by the hour rooms. Oh and its close to the air port so you will hear planes landing all night which is loud. The only good thing I can say about this hotel is there was an older lady at the front desk when we checked out on a Sunday morning she was very kind and professional this hotel is lucky to have her

Room Tip: Look for a different hotel.