“Good location for restaurants and shopping” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Gulfport

You added Comfort Suites Gulfport to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Gulfport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9121 US Hwy 49, Hwy 49 & Russell Street, Gulfport, MS 39503   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Good location for restaurants and shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Comfortable, clean room with comfortable beds. The staff was pleasant and efficient. Breakfast was good and plentiful. The only negative comment is the shower head was not adjustable. The hotel is also convenient to the interstate. My wife and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SANCAS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your visit with us. All shower heads are adjustable up to 3 different settings. I am terribly sorry that yours was not working properly. Maintenance has been instructed to check all 87 rooms. Thank you again for your positive comment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My stay here was related to the Cruisin' The Coast weeklong Classic Car Cruise....
Unfortunately I was only able to get a room for one night due to late reservation ...Wow !! I would liked to have stayed here for the entire trip !! A Fantastic Hotel !! Comfort Suites have never disappointed me and this Gulfport Ms. location lived up to my expectations ! Spotless room and bathroom, the most comfortable bedding and a great nights sleep . I am picky and could NOT have asked for any more...Prices were higher than normal due to the event in town, but I would have paid the rate for more nights here....well worth it...Management does a great job !! 5 Stars on this stay . I will be back !!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SANCAS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your most gracious comments. It's good to know that our guest appreciate the hard work that each and every employee puts in to make our hotel function. We thank you again and look forward to your return.
Mobile, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a weekend get away. The room was comfortable and clean, the staff was courteous and friendly, and the breakfast was wonderful. We loved the indoor pool! And it was nice that they had housekeeping service in the evening.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SANCAS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for deciding to stay with us during your stay. Within the last few days, we have revamped our breakfast by giving you more choices and more variety. We have also just finished improving our pool area and fitness center. Thank you again and just no that your comments are greatly appreciated.
Draper, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel is just off the freeway and just 5 minutes from the coast. The hotel is new. The rooms are large and clean. The breakfast is typical Choice hotels, and served in a very pleasant breakfast area just off the lobby. The front desk person gave us an excellent recommendation for lunch. Nothing negative about this hotel. I'd stay there again. This was a great value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a response and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My family and I visit this area every July to attend a concert and visit with friends at a local casino.
We booked two rooms this year and everything was great. No room issues, nice indoor pool, excellent a/c, the perfect bed mattress, clean, micro/frig, coffee pot, updated bathroom, adequate parking, good breakfast choices, 24hr coffee bar, safe area, right off the interstate, close to shopping including an outlet mall, close to restaurants, and a friendly & helpful staff.
The weekend we stayed a huge family reunion was being held at the hotel or nearby and the hotel was fully booked but even with that we really had no issues.
Most of our friends stay at a condo near by and requested that we change locations next year but we are happy with this hotel and will stay again next July.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SANCAS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
First, I would like to thank you for your kind response. Often most of us are eager to tell about the unfortunate incidents that we may occur but it is very seldom that one will go into detail about a pleasant one. Once again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you as well as all of our other guest in the near future.
Calera, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was my first time staying at this hotel. I gave it a poor rating because of all the noise. The front desk clerk, who was very nice by the way, had to quiet some of the guest down in the lobby for being too loud. He told me there was a baby shower, a family reunion and something else big going on I couldn't remember this particular weekend. I knew then I was in trouble but too late to cancel my reservation. People wouldn't control their children, running and stomping throughout the room, jumping off the beds, and screaming. It sounded as if they were going to fall from the top floor into my room. The room itself was attractive and the bed was comfortable. I like the fact they had Directv with movie stations as well as a microwave, refrigerator, coffee, free wifi, cell phone hook ups and completely smoke free. It's close to restaurants and not too far from the beach and Island View Hotel and Casino. However, the bathroom was very small and I noticed some dried red stuff on the toilet seat (you figure it out!). Another downfall was having one of the queen beds next to the air conditioner because it blocked a lot of the air. This made it difficult to get the room at a comfortable temperature but not impossible. All in all, I would consider staying again but it wouldn't be my first choice. However, before you book this room you might want to ask the following question: Are there any family reunions, baby showers, birthdays or major events going on at this hotel? If so, don't stay because you will not get any rest unless you're one of the ones having the family reunion, baby shower, birthday or other major event.

Room Tip: You might want to consider staying on the very top floor. It might be quieter. Always ask if there...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SANCAS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
I want to first thank you for taking the time out to make a response. We definitely had a big eventful weekend with the family reunion, wedding party and baby shower. There were a few times when we had to quiet down the guest due to the loud tones that were coming from the group areas but they were very mindful once it was brought to there attention. We encourage anyone who has a problem with noise to contact the front desk immediately so that me rectify the problem. We have also ordered the air conditioner adjustments which would invert the air coming out where the bed would not affect air flow. These adjustments have been on back order and we are and have been eagerly awaiting them. Once again, I thank you for your response and I hope that we will see you once again in the near future.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This has become my boyfriend and i's "spot". We live in new Orleans and love to come here for a spontaneous getaway. Get the king suite with the jacuzzi if you are traveling with just you and your honey. It wont disappoint!

• Stayed August 2013
SANCAS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your response and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Been to Comfort Suites Gulfport? Share your experiences!