“Great Choice!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Gulfport

You added Comfort Suites Gulfport to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Gulfport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9121 US Hwy 49, Hwy 49 & Russell Street, Gulfport, MS 39503   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Ridgeland, Mississippi
“Great Choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend and I must say I am glad we did. The room was comfortable, clean and roomy. The pool was a hit for the kids and the parents during this trip, considering the fact that the weekend was a bust due to rain. The location of the hotel was ideal as well because we were near great shopping and restaurants.

Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Bring extra towels especially during summer months to accommodate trips to the pool especially if yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Carthage, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stopped here on our way to Destin, FL. I was very disappointed in our room (room 105). The comforter on one of the beds looked like it had been used as a drop cloth....dry purple paint on several places. The room looked like it had not been vacuumed very well and the carpet was stained. Found a pubic hair on the bathtub (gross!). The breakfast...we ended up at Cracker Barrel. By 8:00 they had already ran out of waffle mix and there wasn't much of a selection of foods left. The pool is very, very small. I will not be back to this Comfort Suites.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SANCAS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
This is an unfortunate situation that could have easily been corrected if brought to our attention. I can assure you that our rooms are cleaned properly on a daily basis. If something did get pass us (which doesn't happen often),then please bring it to our attention so that we may have the opportunity to correct the problem.
During the summer months when we are extremely busy. We ask that you pace yourself during breakfast hours so that you may have the chance to enjoy all that we offer. Breakfast hours during the week are 6-9 AM and 6-10 AM on the weekend. The menu changes day to day and our breakfast items never run out, but they do have to be replenished from time to time. The waffle mix may take a few moments but the measurements have to be correct to ensure the best quality for our guests. Please take the opportunity to give us another chance. I guarantee that I will do everything in my power to make your stay a most pleasant one.
Kosciusko
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time Comfort was not the best stay. The room was nice and clean with a comfy bed, but the inside pool was not usable. The chemicals were so strong that we could smell them down the hall and when we walked in the pool room, the smell burned our eyes. With 4 young children, this was a huge disappointment that they couldn't swim. We stayed 3 nights and the pool was this way each day. The breakfast was regular continental, but the elevators were very slow! Unfortunately, I will have to choose another hotel when going back to the coast.

• Stayed June 2013
SANCAS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
First of all, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. During the 3 day stay, this matter was never brought to the attention of the management or staff. Due to the high usage of the pool during the summer months, the proper chemicals have to be added almost daily to ensure guest safety. Safety is our number 1 concern when it comes to our guest. The levels are checked and monitored on a daily basis by a well qualified staff member who has numerous amounts of training in that field. We would hope that if any guest has any type of problem, that they would notify the staff immediately so that we may have the opportunity to correct it.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed here mid-May on our way to Orlando , we had a great stay and a good little breakfast. Place is under some renovations, but nothing to worry about. The room was spacious and very clean. We loved our stay, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and i stayed here from May 23-26. We stayed in the King Jacuzzi tub suite, and it was amazing! The room was spacious, clean and the bed was so comfortable! The jacuzzi tub was bigger than it appears in the pictures and was sooo relaxing! I cant comment on the food or bar because we didnt even leave the room!!! I will be staying here again!!

• Stayed May 2013
Petal, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was a long term stay. I had free food, beer, and wine every monday through wednesday. Beds, linen and pillows were amazing. But the best part was the hospitality from the entire staff. My every need was catered to. From dry cleaning (same day service) to the G.M. personally making sure my reservations were correct. It was like i was a guest in my family's house. Clean, comfortable and hospitable. Dont stay anywhere else. My family visited on my business trip and were treated like royalty.

Room Tip: king size beds are the best
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SANCAS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for that incredible review. We here at Comfort Suites-Gulfport would like everyone to feel like family. It is our mission to make your stay here as comfortable and as pleasant as possible. Please feel free to visit us whenever you are back in the area and dont forget that happy hour is from 5 to 6 pm.
Panama City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I can't review the hotel itself since I wasn't able to make a reservation but here was my experience with the customer service/ reservations- The website shows a discount rate available for "choice privileges" members. I went through the time to "join" this service, it still showed the same rate on my "member profile" but as soon as I selected "BOOK", it gave me the non discounted rate that was shown as available to anyone. I called the customer service number and got someone who did not speak understandable English and even though I spelled everything out in phonetics, he still souldn't get it right! When he finally quit trying to enter my e mail, address, etc and give me the "member rate" it was still the higher rate. He then told me that maybe I should look for another discount, and when I asked him what "other discounts" were available, he said I would have to TELL HIM the name of which discount rate I wanted him to look for!! Finally..... I gave up and called the front desk directly- selected the option for the front desk operator, and after three rounds of being cycled back to the "menu", selected the manager option- and got disconnected TWICE!! So..... I'd love to tell you about my stay here but apparently unless you want to pay full price and book without talking to anyone, there is NO WAY to make a reservation!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SANCAS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
First of all, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. Our phone lines here at the hotel were down for numerous hours due to the terrible rain storms that came through our city. Because of this, the phone calls are automatically redirected to the 800 number at Choice Hotels. We are now back online and are ready to take reservations. Please feel free to call us.

Been to Comfort Suites Gulfport? Share your experiences!