“No customer support!!” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Gulfport to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Comfort Suites Gulfport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9121 US Hwy 49, Hwy 49 & Russell Street, Gulfport, MS 39503   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 28 hotels in Gulfport
Panama City, Florida
“No customer support!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I can't review the hotel itself since I wasn't able to make a reservation but here was my experience with the customer service/ reservations- The website shows a discount rate available for "choice privileges" members. I went through the time to "join" this service, it still showed the same rate on my "member profile" but as soon as I selected "BOOK", it gave me the non discounted rate that was shown as available to anyone. I called the customer service number and got someone who did not speak understandable English and even though I spelled everything out in phonetics, he still souldn't get it right! When he finally quit trying to enter my e mail, address, etc and give me the "member rate" it was still the higher rate. He then told me that maybe I should look for another discount, and when I asked him what "other discounts" were available, he said I would have to TELL HIM the name of which discount rate I wanted him to look for!! Finally..... I gave up and called the front desk directly- selected the option for the front desk operator, and after three rounds of being cycled back to the "menu", selected the manager option- and got disconnected TWICE!! So..... I'd love to tell you about my stay here but apparently unless you want to pay full price and book without talking to anyone, there is NO WAY to make a reservation!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SANCAS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
First of all, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. Our phone lines here at the hotel were down for numerous hours due to the terrible rain storms that came through our city. Because of this, the phone calls are automatically redirected to the 800 number at Choice Hotels. We are now back online and are ready to take reservations. Please feel free to call us.

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Carterville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was a very nice place to stay. The room was for 2 and had a king bed for $89.10 ($99.80 with taxes). The bed was great -- nice linens, pillows, and very comfortable. Nice T.V. also. From 5 to 6 p.m. they served free wine & beer & bottled water for an hour, with appetizer. The night we were there they had a big pan of Fried Chicken & dinner rolls for the appetizer. The staff were all very friendly and we would come back to this motel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great stay while visiting Gulfport. The suite style rooms were spacious and had plenty of room to watch TV or work on the computer. The bed was very comfortable, the breakfast was good and the staff very friendly and helpful. The fitness room was an added plus and was open 24 hours so could keep up with our fitness routine no matter what time of the day or night. The next time we are in the area we will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were there, per reservation, in late February, 2013. When they learned we were on an anniversary trip (50th.) they upgraded us to a fabulous luxury king Jacuzzi suite. The room had all the amenities of a luxury suite; 40 inch flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, etc. all at a very reasonable price. The folks at the desk treated us like royalty throughout our stay. Breakfast was wonderful and the inn is located about 7 minutes from the fabulous Gulfport/Biloxi beach on the Gulf of Mexico. We thank the staff for helping us celebrate our anniversary and would definately stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tupelo, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stay on the coast at least once every two to three weeks and I find myself staying here more than anywhere. The staff is always nice and friendly and the rooms are always very clean. There are many restaurants located within minutes of the hotel and plenty of shopping if the wife is with me. I am actually staying at this hotel again this week and once again looking forward to it. The problem with many chains is that there isn't always consistency but with the Comfort Suites Gulfport it is always a great place and great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Another very comfortable hotel at a very good price. A start the day breakfast included and also complimentary food and drink for an hour or so early evening ( around five o'clock) . A dozen or so restaurants locally some in walking distance, shops and bars only minutes away. Rooms excellent, although only short stay for me, would imagine ideal for long stay contractors.

Room Tip: Top floor less road noise
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I often stay at this hotel when traveling on business and leisure. I have been a loyal customer here for a long time because every stay is a great stay. The staff truly goes above and beyond to show that they value and appreciate your business. The accommodations are outstanding and a great value for the money. I would recommend this hotel as a top choice for anyone traveling on the MS gulf coast.

Larry O.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SANCAS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We definitely appreciate your comments. Here at Comfort Suites, we make it our priority to make sure that you have a pleasant and amazing stay. Our success depends on you. We thank you and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Comfort Suites Gulfport? Share your experiences!