“"Beware"” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Chester, Illinois
“"Beware"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

"Warning".... The reason for the this review, is to inform any potential travelers to the Legacy Towers in Gulfport, MS., to be aware of a damage charge a week following their checkout.
My wife and I stayed at Legacy Tower 1, Rm # 303, while visiting our son who is stationed at Keesler Air Force Base. The condo was very clean, decorated appropriately to the modern time and had all the amenities needed for our stay.
When we exited the condo, we made sure everything was in it's original place, nothing had been damaged, dishes were washed, beds made, floors cleaned, trash taken out, etc., just as things were when we entered the condo.
I week following our stay, I received an e-mail charging our credit card an additional $50.00. Puzzled by this, I opened up the Rental Policies and Procedures to explore where these charges could have stemmed from. One, a cancellation fee, didn't cancel. Another, the remote control's had to be in the exact place as they were when we arrived, made sure we did that. Another, the furniture had to be in its original position, made sure we did this too. Nothing else had a $50.00 fee attached.
After several attempts of calling three different numbers listed on my conformation form, I finally got through to someone. What I was told initially, was that most of the time this charge is for a stain on the comforter, as it has to be washed. I told the lady, I could assure anyone, even the pope, there was no stain on the comforter. She asked to put me on hold so she could look into this. Fifteen minutes later, she tells me the charge is for pink fingernail polish on the floor tiles in the kitchen and a broken piece of furniture. I tried to explain to her that my wife doesn't wear finger nail polish, let alone did she have any with her. I also wanted to know which piece of furniture had allegedly been broken,
but she couldn't tell me.
You would think after being charged a $95.00 cleaning fee, $35.00 damage waiver and $15.00 Legacy Towers Resort Fee, you wouldn't have to worry about another $50.00 fee a week after checkout, especially for something you know for certain didn't happen.
A valuable piece of information to any future travelers to the Legacy Towers. Have someone come with you to the condo at check in and document in writing, exactly what things look like and do the same at check out. Not having this, allows them to cheat at your expense.
I can sleep at night, but hope the individual assigned to do this dirty deed for this company, tosses and turns.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Spring, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Our 3 families planned a last minute summer vacation and the moms came together Saturday prior to our arrival date and located a condo. We liked that they had 2 - 3bd/3bth available in our price range. We received an email with pictures and choose the condo with 1king/2qu/2tw/1sleeper because of all the teenagers we had traveling with us, I confirmed that we wanted to rent the condo with specific beds types. We received the contract and it was for the other condo which had 2kings/2full/1sleeper, we tried to contact Legacy before our arrival and no one returned emails or phone calls. When we arrived at Legacy Tower we were given the keys to our condo and when we told them we booked the condo with more beds they said it had already been rented. "Bait & Switch" Frustrated we settled into our condo and wrote down everything that was wrong in fear of being charged for something we didn't break. We asked for an air mattress and one was given at no charge. Management also apologized and said they were obligated to provide sleeping for 10 and that's what they had provided. The pool area, workout facility and distance to the beach were great. This was a wonderful vacation with the exception of being given the wrong condo. I would stay down the street before dealing with the management team again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Covington, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

First, let us say the 3-bedroom condo we stayed in was very nice, comfortable, and suited our needs. Our experience with the condo, location, etc. was very good. What we were extremely upset about was the supposed 24-hour maintenance service. When we arrived we had little time to get ready for an evening engagement. Immediately one of the tubs was noted as stopped-up so we called maintenance. We were told they would send someone the next day. That was unacceptable and we wound up clearing the driain with a knife and bottle opener. In addition we reported a container with soiled water and cigarette butts on the balcony and an apparent water leak by one of the registers. Even after fixing the drain and calling back we never saw a maintenance person the entire four nights we were there. In fact, the cigarette butts and their container were still on the balcony when we departed. There were other maintenance problems noted like a non-functioning lock plate on the sliding balcony door, old tape stuck to a counter, a dirty coffee pot, etc. We never turned them in after the lack of response to our initial complaints. When one pays $125 for cleanup and maintenance you would expect service.

Room Tip: All rooms are apparently very nice with a beautiful view. Corner rooms are especially nice and large...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Southaven, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed in a three bedroom unit that was extremely nice. The condo itself was just as nice as any place that I have stayed in Destin or Orange Beach. However, the beach leaves quite a bit to be desired. The sand is nice, but the water is not at all. The pool was very pretty and enjoyable. If you are looking for a beach vacation, then I wouldn't recommend this location. If you're looking for a weekend getaway where you can enjoy local casinos (very close) and great seafood then this is a great choice.

The only negative I found with the property itself was parking. The parking lots are very very small and the parking garage was next to tower 1, so if you are staying in tower 2 then it's a little bit of a walk.

I personally never came into contact with any of the staff, so I can't vouch for the professionalism or friendliness.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed here for a week and could not have had a better time. The condo was clean, great view of the Gulf, reception was efficient. Each unit is individuallly owned so decorating, personal touches are up to each owner. The gym is decent for a condo/hotel but not outstanding. Definitely a place we will go back to.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We have been here less than 24 hours and have had a $25,000.00 dollar loss! My husbands Harley Davidson Ultra Classic was parked in the covered, lighted parking garage here with all the latest state of the art security systems on it and working properly was stolen last night! The rental agency that booked our vacation says to talk to the HOA and the HOA that told us it was ok to park in their garage says to talk to the Rental agency!!! No body wants to take any responsibility for it and of course no one saw anything!!! This place is supposed to have a guard and security cameras!!! What they dont tell you is the guard goes home at 11pm and there is one camera that watches the front door and none that watch the only way in and out!!! This is perhaps the most costly mistake we have ever made! I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011
Collierville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo. The condo itself was very nice and spacious. The decorating left something to be desired. The customer service was horrible. Our room had an air conditioner that was not working for 3 days. The air conditioner was serviced on the third day. Also, our keys did not work in the door. The locksmith did not arrive until the fourth day. I spent most of our vacation sitting in our condo waiting on workers. Not a pleasant experience. Also, the security guard was rude to my 3 year old because his armband had fallen off. He is three and the armband was made for an adult. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulfport
Courtyard by Marriott Gulfport Beachfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Gulfport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaway Inn
South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport
Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport

Been to Legacy Tower By Biloxi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!