“Outstanding choice if in the area!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
“Outstanding choice if in the area!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were traveling back to Georgia and decided to stay over in the Gulfport region and have enjoyed many other Residence Inns. This one was a few notches above! The property is newer and laid out quite nicely. The front desk staff greeted us warmly and were very helpful in describing the local area. The rooms were laid out well and the bathroom had plenty of counter space (pet peeve of mine as noted in other reviews). We dined at a local venue, but returned for the evening reception. The reception staff member was outstanding...she went out of her way to make all guests welcome and satisfied. We enjoyed some cookies and drinks for our evening dessert, but it was hoagie night. The only draw back in these events is seeing how classless some of the other guests tend to be....hoarding the food and taking more than one would respectfully select did not deter the hotel staff from serving with a smile. We also enjoyed the use of the laundry facilities without complaint. The breakfast served was a full hot meal that included eggs, potatoes, breakfast meat, cereals, etc. The same hostess from the previous evening was on hand and still as pleasant, bless her! The overall experience was excellent and we would definitely return when in the area!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Charla F, Manager at Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the Great Review on Trip Advisor!
It is very rewarding to see such a nice comment on our page and we surely appreciate it. Please let us know if we can ever do anything for you in the future and we look forward to possibly seeing you in the near future.

I will be sure to share this comment with the rest of my TEAM.

Best,
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

There isn't too much I can say. I was there for one night, but the room was very large, it was modern and well kept, and the guest services were very polite. They provide a free shuttle to the local casino and also to the airport. There is a nice gym and pool as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor! We appreciate the feedback, I will definitley be sure to share this with the TEAM that makes it all happen here. We value any and all feedback we can get from our guests so we can better our experiences for next guest.

We hope to see you again here soon at Residence Inn Gulfport.

Charla
Fulshear, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have been so disappointed in some of the luxury hotels that we have stayed in across the USA that offer pet stay rooms...until now! We stayed at the Residence Inn in Biloxi in a two bedroom suite that was a pet stay room. It was clean, immaculate, and the best hotel stay we have experienced in a long time! I had gotten in the habit of taking my own blankets when we have stayed in other hotels. This time I slept in their blankets. And we paid less than we had been paying at these so called luxury resort hotels. The staff was more than nice, they made us feel like we were home. The free breakfast was just that, a real breakfast. This will be our new mid way stop hotel when we go back home to the Carolinas!

Room Tip: Any room! We stayed on the fourth floor and it was quiet too!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the Awesome review on Trip Advisor!
We truly value what each guest has to say about our property, so thank you.

We believe that all of our Guests are an extended part of our family. We are glad you enjoyed your stay while you were here and hope to see you again soon.

Once again, Thank you!!

Warm Regards,
Charla
Arcadia, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We just concluded a two-night stay in a glorious two-bedroom unit at this wonderful hotel. This place was way bigger than my first apartment and it is very nicely decorated. The two bedrooms each had their own bathroom (!!!) and there is free WiFi and three TVs when you count the sitting area/kichen area. We stayed here on a Tuesday and Wednesday and each day the manager had very generous free snacks snacks provided for the guest during happy hour. As other reviewers have noted, even though it is next to the airport you don't hear the planes but it is far enough away from Route 49 and the I-10 that you don't have to deal with traffic noise. The very pleasant and attentive staff has gotten us thinking about a return trip to Gulfport. We loved this place.

Room Tip: Get the two-bedroom suite if you have relatives or kids - it's only slightly more money but ever...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Charla F, Manager at Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I wanted to take a moment and Thank you for the wonderful review you left on Trip Advisor about our hotel/home away from home. We appreciate the feedback. It is very nice of you to take time out of your day to do so.

As you mentioned on Trip Advisor, we do hope to see you back again soon!

Wakefield, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Four year old property- directly across from a Hilton Garden Inn (same owners), two 5-story hotels facing each other, right off the access road to the airport (runway is in sight), no worries as there is low airplane activity. Despite being at the airport it is only one mile from I-10, and 10 minutes from Route 90, which is the beach road that stretches from Gulfport to Biloxi. Superb staff, clean and comfortable rooms. Fast internet speed, small workout room and pool, small basketball court. We had a two-bedroom suite, 2 bath, living and dining area, very spacious. Good free breakfast (2-3 hot choices). Above average free breakfast with several hot choices. Other than the Hilton across the street that serves lighter fare, no other restaurants within walking distance but plenty of choices on nearby Route 49 (mostly chains so search out more local options). We tried Muddy Water- a new BBQ place which is 4 months old, excellent food, 12 minute drive. If you’re a Marriott hound, there is a Fairfield Inn a few minutes away. Otherwise, there are two other Courtyard’s, both are 20-30 minutes away. If you’re a runner/walker, there unfortunately are no good options close. Good choice if you need an extended stay or if being near the airport is important to you. Gulfport downtown area is still somewhat rundown due to the damage from Katrina, 8 years ago. Biloxi is in better shape and focuses more on casino’s it seems.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the Nice comment on Trip Advisor! We do value what each of our guests have to say about their experience when they stay here at Residence Inn Gulfport. We try to exceed our guests expectations and certainly hope we did. I do hope to see you return to our home here In Gulfport soon.

Once again, Thank you for the review, we know your time is valuable and we will definitley share this with the rest of the TEAM.

Warm Regards,
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I am in my room at the Residence Inn Gulfport/Buloxi as I'm tryping this review. This is a one-night stay where we stopped on our drive from Georgia back to Houston. The hotel is in Gulfport across the road from the outlet stores, so I thought it would be a good place to stay the night and spend a couple of hours the next day before heading home. I am traveling with four young girls (two ten-year olds, and two 13 year olds), so I knew they'd love the outlet stores.

The hotel, as stated in other reviews, is directly across the street from the airport runway, but you can't hear any airplanes from inside. The lobby area is beautifully decorated, neat and clean. The pool area is also very clean. We have a two bedroom suite, and when we entered the room, we were so pleased. It's actually like a really cute, nicely decorated apartment. The kitchen has full sized appliances, including fridge, microwave, full size oven/stove, dishwasher and garbage disposal. The cabinetry is very modern/up-to-date and the countertops are granite. It is stocked with dishes, silverware, pots and pans, salad bowls, knives, cutting board, dish towels, paper towels, even dishwashing detergent. No dish soap, though, so I won't be able to wash the bowl we used for snacks....I hate to run the dishwasher for one bowl. There is a dinner table with four chairs, too.

The bedrooms each have their own full bathroom. One has a king bed, the other a queen. I've read that the beds are very comfortable, but I wouldn't know because I'm out on the couch while the kids are in the bedrooms. The headboards both have two lamps mounted on them on each side, and they all have electrical outlets on them, in addition to the ones on the walls behind the beds making it a dream for all four girls to charge their IPod Touches, phones, etc.

The towels are too thin and small, however, so this is one reason for the 4 out of 5 rating I'm giving.

The other reasons are these:
1. The couch is awful. The seat cushion is thin and needs to be replaced. It's so thin on the edge of the couch that I can feel the frame of the couch under my legs. The couch is DIRTY, and I hate that. There are stains all over it. Since I'm sleeping on it (I'm not about to pull out the hide-a-bed...too much effort and has anyone ever slept on one that is actually comfortable?) I have covered EVERY SINGLE INCH of it to avoid the "icky" feeling of sleeping on a dirty couch.

I hope this couch issue is just a fluke in room 311 (since the manager obviously reads these reviews) and isn't a problem in the other suites.

2. It's too hot in here even though the thermostat is set to 69 degrees. This might also be something that needs to be fixed, but it's too late tonight (1am) to bother with.

3. No ice machines on the floors. The very nice woman at the front desk explained there aren't any because there are ice makers in the freezers, but they are turned off and emptied between guests so there's no ice in them when you arrive in your room. Other than putting ice machines on the floors, I don't have a suggested solution for this.

I cannot comment on the breakfast because we haven't had it yet.

All in all this unit is just like a trendy looking, well appointed small apartment, and I would strongly recommend this property to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in Gulfport, especially if you are traveling with a family (the two bedrooms allow everyone to have privacy) and plan to stay multiple nights. I probably wouldn't have chosen the two bedroom if I had been traveling with just my two daughters for one night, but with the two friends along it was less expensive than getting two adjoining hotel rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of Residence Inn on Trip Advisor. We certainly appreciate any and all feedback we can get to improve our services to our guests. I know your time is valuable and from the comments you have provided you were very in depth with the items you had mentioned. We definitely feel your comments as well as others are most helpful as we do not experience first hand the items that our guests/family members do. We here at Residence Inn firmly believe in our day to day operations as well as our interactions with our extended family and feel that the changes or recommendations from people like you are worth every ounce of energy we put in our hotel.

Once again, thank you for the nice review, I will definitley review this with my TEAM and discuss better ways to improve our services so that all of our guests have a GREAT stay while in Gulfport.

Sincerly,
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The best thing about this hotel was how nice all of the hotel employees were during our stay. The hotel is literally right next door to the airport, but surprisingly, I couldn't hear a thing in my hotel room. The hotel rooms were nice and modern. The mattresses on the beds were heavenly. Overall, it is a nice hotel. However, my average rating comes from issues that I had during my particular stay. It seems that the housekeeping staff takes significant shortcuts in doing their job. It was obvious that the refrigerator in my room hadn't been cleaned in some time. There was food particles in the fridge under the produce drawers. There was also a spoon leftover in the fridge. The stairwell in the hotel had the same trash on the floor when I checked in, to the time that I checked out. Also, the hotel has a SIGNIFICANT shortage of towels. When I checked in to my room, I noticed that I needed more towels. Ultimately, it took four requests to housekeeping and the front desk to receive additional towels. On at least two of those times, I was told that they were waiting on the towels to be washed. I was told by two separate staff members that the hotel was aware of the towel issue, yet refused to order additional towels. The pool area was also constantly out of towels. This wasn't the staff's fault, however, the owner/management should be ashamed of this being an issue, in a beach town no less. I travel quite frequently, and in years of traveling, I have never been at a hotel that didn't have enough towels to operate. The breakfast buffet ran out of particular food items on two mornings in a row. I was at the hotel during what they should have known would be a busy weekend, yet they ran out of food. I would stay at this hotel again, but would hope that these issues are addressed before that time comes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Charla F, Manager at Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for the informative feedback, we appreciate it and will definitley use this information as a tool to better our services and ammenities. We do take every comment and idea into consideration so again, we thank you for the useful information you have provided to us.

I will definitley share this with the Team and I would like to discuss this in more detail with you, if you could contact me I would appreciate it.
My email address is charla.fontenot@marriott.com or phone is 228.867.1722.

Thank you again for your feedback!
We value your loyalty to the Marriott brand.

Charla Fontenot

Been to Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport? Share your experiences!