“Wonderful Accommodations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Carson City, NV
“Wonderful Accommodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This facility is a great place to stay. It is very near the airport yet is not loud. The room was large, immaculate, and very well appointed. The complementary breakfast was complete and provided real plates or plastic plates to go. Mon, Tues, and Wed there is a complementary evening meal, too! Can't beat it with a stick. Well worth the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Charla F, Manager at Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for the nice comment you left us on Trip Advisor, we do appreciate it. We take all of our comments and any feedback we can get to help better assist the next guests stay.
We know time is valuable so again, thank you for rating us on Trip Advisor. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel when I travel for almost 5 years now. Although the prices have nearly doubled - I remember when I could get the 1 bdrm suite for $79 per night - the quality has remained the same, excellent. Comfortable rooms, beds, excellent service, good family environment, friendly staff. For anyone who can afford the rates I strong suggest staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate any feedback we can get. Our staff strives hard to make every guest experience a memorable and comfortable stay. I will definitley pass this on to the rest of the team.

AGM
Sandy Beach, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

First let me say this is my first review so if I leave anything out e-mail me and I will answer any questions my husband is normally the one that writes the reviews but I felt the need to express my feelings on the Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport. Originally we were with a group and the gentlemen over the group said there was a lack of communication amongst the hotels staff so he decided to split the group up at two other hotels, but my husband and I along with our 17 year old son decided to still stay at the Residence Inn........BAD choice! We asked for a corner room but didn’t get one. My son slept on the pull out couch and the next morning he complained about his back apparently the springs in the pull out couch were hurting him all night so we went to Wal-Mart and bought two comforters to pad the couch with. I also am a HUGE neat freak so I look at every nook and cranny and let me tell you the hotel appears to be clean but it is only surface cleaned. The breakfast was average but I’ve had better at other Residence Inn’s. Next time we’re going with the group! My advice is to stay across the street at the Hilton Garden Inn if you just want to stay in this area.

Room Tip: Only stay if you have to but there are so many other choices in the area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Charla F, Manager at Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for the review on Trip Advisor, we do appreciate the feedback, however I wish I could have talked to you and made this right before you left the hotel. If you could please contact me I would appreciate it, as I would like to get more detailed information from you.
My contact information is charla.fontenot@marriott.com or 228.867.1722

Grand Prairie, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

As most of you know that read my blog and travel magazine or follow my youtube channel for the past few months my daughter and I have been planning our family reunion.

We scouted many places and decided on Gulfport/Biloxi area. We decided to put in a request with the Residence Inn and at first things were good! My daughter negotiated for a cheaper rate and more rooms and everything seemed to still be going great; until it came time for the hotel to submit the new contract.

The first sign that things were going downhill was the phone call where we were told that we were misinformed because they aren’t allowed to block off that many rooms. When asked how many rooms could be blocked off she stated 12, which raised another flag seeing as how the first proposal had 15. The second sign that things were definitely going wrong was when the young lady explained that even if we decided to add more rooms into our group the price would NOT be guaranteed to the added rooms. At this point I was ready to dismiss this property as a possible location, but my daughter thought once the young lady spoke with the manager things would get better.

But once we received the new proposal we found that the young lady had decreased the number of rooms (to a number that was much smaller than the 35 requested as well as smaller than the number that was previously quoted 15). In addition to decreasing the number of rooms she increased the prices.

Needless to say I told my daughter not to sign the contract and we would keep looking. In my opinion this hotel has lost all credibility when it comes to groups and I will be giving them the thumbs down on my blog, website, youtube channel, and magazine! I will also post all of the documents to verify what I am saying.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Charla F, Manager at Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you further. I do apologize for the inconvience this may have caused. My contact information is below.

Sincerly,
228.867.1722
charla.fontenot@marriott.com
charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

To start off, Monica at the front desk went over and above the call of duty. The perfect example of southern hospitality. The hotel is clean , quiet, and neat. The suite was very spacious. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Charla F, Manager at Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We do appreciate it, as we know your time is valuable so we thank you for taking the time out of your day to rate us. Please let us know the next time you are in Gulfport, we hope to see again soon.

Sincerly,
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for about 3 weeks. I really enjoyed my stay. The front desk staff, cleaning staff, and hotel managers were all extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are very spacious and were very clean and the beds are great! The airport noise was not an issue for me like other travelers have reported. The exercise room has updated equipment and the breakfast room is very nice and spacious. The complementary breakfast was one of the best continental breakfast bars I've had as it had a very nice variety. The evening dinner receptions are also a huge plus and were quite tasty. I would definitely stay here again on a return trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your nice review on Trip Advisor, we do appreciate it. We do feel that feedback from our guests are our key to success.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Gulfport!

Tupelo, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have stayed here multiple times while attending Cruising the Coast and each time surpasses the last. The facility and staff are EXCELLENT in every way especially our interactions with Narissa, what an amazing attitude and personality. Marriott is lucky to have her on their team!!

Room Tip: their all good!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Charla F, Manager at Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for such a nice review!
We strive for Excellence at Residence Inn and want everyone to feel like they are at home. We truely appreciate the Kind words. Narissa is definitley an asset to us and we value all she brings to the table. Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Warmest Regards,
Assistant General Manager
Residence Inn by Marriott

Been to Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport? Share your experiences!