“Easy in and easy out!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Galveston, Texas
“Easy in and easy out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I had a large trailer and this hotel has plenty of parking in the front. A Waffle House is right next door and a convenience store across the street with cheaper fuel then most. The room was nice and water hot. I will come back!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
World Traveler C, We appreciate your time, as a major Trip Advisor contributor, to share your compliments and comments regarding our hotel. Thank you for your 5 star rating and we hope to serve you in the near future. Safe travels and great fishing!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Brandon, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

After a very long day of looking at investment properties, the incredible ease of checking in to the Holiday Inn was a very pleasant experience. Every single staff person I met or talked to went out of their way to help or make sure we had what we needed. It was like they really enjoyed their job and being there( which was really nice!) The hotel is 6 floors. We had the king suite on the 6th floor which is a great room with a very good bathroom. The doors "slam" on their on so you will experience that hotel hall noise effect. Just enjoy a great meal in the hotel restaurant along with a few toddies and you will be set for a good night's sleep.The bartender/waiter was so impressive. He sat us immediately and continued top notch service throughout our meal! Their menu is small but there are some great choices to pick from. If you want to venture out to the 49 hwy traffic, you will find: Wendy's ,McDonalds, a couple of hibachi places, Hooter's, Krispy Kreme, Burger King, Waffle House and Dynasty Buffet. Of course you are only about 4 miles from other restaurants close to hwy 90 or beach rd. I was just so thankful not to have to get back in the car! We had a restful nights sleep. Fresh coffee in the lobby--such a sweet staff! They do have a breakfast buffet .It seemed a little pricey to me because we are not huge breakfast eaters. It was 12$ for the buffet. We chose to hit Mcdonalds and head out from there. This is a great hotel for a one or two night stop. Keep in mind though in the south during aug-oct is big soccer and softball tournament time. You may have many kids running around! They have a fabulous indoor pool and vending (chocolate) on each floor. Parking lot safe with lots of lighting. You are about 3 miles from I-10. VERY clean facility.
Come enjoy the coast:)

Room Tip: 6th floor king suite is in a corner--only one neighbor beside you and you are at the end of the hall
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
fisherfolks, Thank you for your time to share these wonderful compliments and wonderful information. Anyone who takes the effort to read will enjoy your perspective and honest comments. We thank you. Hopefully, you had a chance to enjoy some local fishing as your "handle" indicates. Please visit again and our caring, genuine staff will be waiting to serve you. We truly appreciate the compliments on all of our staff members and restaurant service. Safe travels.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in the middle of a road trip and what I found in terms of infrastructure and service quality was beyond my expectations. A big remark must be given to service provided by the attendant of the restaurant/room service. Top notch.
It is definiely on my list for a next opportunity in the vicinity.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
engped, As a top Trip Advisor contributor, it was a fantastic pleasure to read your recent post. Thank you for your time to share these comments and we will share the compliments with our restaurant staff. Please visit us again and let us welcome you with our true Southern Hospitality ! Thanks again and safe travels.
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed at this particular Holiday Inn twice, now and enjoyed it both times. The staff is the friendliest ever encountered at any motel. Checkout was at noon and I was delighted to not hear a housekeeper at my door until 11:45. When I left the motel at 8 am, there were no housekeepers in sight. Most relaxing. I did not swim in the pool, but went in again to enjoy the atmosphere there. The indoor pool has a roof that opens, leaving a glass roof in place, and gives the feeling of swimming outside. The temperature in the swimming room is delighful, not cold and clammy or hot and steamy like some are. Air circulates constantly so the air, which is warm enough for swimmers out of the water, is comfortable for those who are not swimming. There is no free breakfast, but the buffet was good though expensive. The whole motel was very clean, same wonderful beds as in every Holiday Inn. The location is great....the beach is to the south and I-10 is a block north. Any store you need, including outlet mall, is close by. It's not often that you can stay in a motel where the staff makes you feel like they are all there just for you, and that they really care about your stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: There is no beautiful view in any direction. Choices are I-10, Hwy 49, or motel next door. I don'...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Ladybug004, How wonderful to read your second post ! Thank you for noticing our true staff "culture" of honestly caring and wanting all our guests to feel at home and welcome. Our fantastic staff really do make the difference in demonstrating a heart felt attitude. Thanks for your acknowledgment. Thank you for sharing many details regarding our location with quiet mornings, indoor pool, room view advice, distance to the ocean and shopping. We hope to host you again in the near future and thank you from all of our team.
Jackson, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Words cannot the warmth of the customer service, the clean and comfortable rooms and the location as a whole. I really was amazed at the customer service from checkin until check out.
If ever you need a definition for Customer Service; then book a room here at the Holiday Inn Gulfport MS if in town.
I had the chance to eat and have a drink in " Kems " Dinning and the atmosphere was fabulous. I wasn't able to get certain names but if I could have, then I would have to call each and every name that was there on Wed night and Thursday morning.
Hats off to the Ownership and the Gm for having such an outstanding staff and property.
In closing, this is one hotel property to be a model after.

Room Tip: The high floor corner rooms are great views of the area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
DavidJ, What a pleasure to read you recent review of our award winning hotel! Your compliments will be posted and reviewed by the entire hotel staff, thank you. All of our team members do share a common "culture" of demonstrating genuine, caring, honest and "heartfelt" guest service. Thank you for noticing, it is very apparent if the effort isn't genuine.
Our Southern Hospitality will be waiting for your next visit from Jackson. Thanks again and safe travels.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Freda, Hannah, Carlos, Amber and Richard made me feel like I was part of the family! They took great care of our crew. I have to say everyone that I encounter was super friendly and wanted to ensure that I was having a pleasant stay. The rooms were clean and the beds were AMAZING!!!! I can't wait to be back.

• Stayed August 2013
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
nani1931, Thank you for your recent review and "welcome to our family". We truly appreciate the compliments on our fantastic staff members and we will share your comments with all of them. We do hope to welcome you back when your travels from Dallas bring you our way. Thanks again for your time to share your experience and safe travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with an indoor pool. Staff do everything they can to make your stay a pleasant one. My daughter left her glasses behind and Steve, made sure that my daughter could see again. I will stay in this hotel if my travels take me to Gulfport again.

• Stayed August 2013
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Raidersrchamps, Thank you for your time to share these comments. We really appreciate the wonderful compliments. We will share your posting with Steve, who we agree, is a fantastic staff leader. Thanks again and we do hope to see you and family in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport? Share your experiences!