“Excellent stay! Wonderful staff!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
“Excellent stay! Wonderful staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Krista and Emily at the front desk were amazing! Very friendly and accomadating! Linda in the restaurant gave us excellent service! The rooms were clean and the food at the restaurant was good. My family and I would definetely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
brenbren26, Thank you for complimenting our fantastic staff and hotel cleanliness. We appreciate your time to post these comments and we will share your review with all staff members mentioned. We do expect to serve you and your family in the future, when you are in our area. thanks again and safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Waynesboro, MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Beware that when you book your room you may or may not get the room you booked. I booked last Monday for two Queens because I had three in my party. I called at 2:30pm to request an early check in but they had none available which was understandable so I told the front desk I would be 8:30 or 9pm arriving and I wanted to make sure about my room.When I arrived at 8:30pm I was told they had overbooked by 7 rooms and I was put in a King room. One person in my party had to sleep on the floor. Very disappointed for the price of the hotel. We were planning on coming back every month with our group that stays but now we will be supporting the Hilton Garden Inn from here out. The hotel is older but well kept up for the age and busyness. It was clean. The elevators are slow. Kids liked indoor pool. Parking is not great. Good location though. Easy to get in and out. Close to outlets and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
MSRe515, We sincerely apologize for this unacceptable circumstance, especially since you had called earlier and informed us of your arrival time. We will contact you personally to discuss further. We do appreciate your compliments regarding other aspects of our hotel, and would be greatful for the opportunity "to get it right". Thanks for your time to inform us of your stay.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I have stayed at this hotel at least 5 times within the last 2 years and each time the staff is friendly, the rooms are comfortable and clean, the restaurant and bar has great food and service and the kids enjoy the swimming pool! Need I say more. Not mentioning it is located near shopping, restaurants and interstate 10. Only issue we have is the price. It is a little expensive for this type of hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
RamFan864, We sincerely thank you and family for your continued patronage. Five recent visits is fantastic, thanks ! We are honored you have continued to stay at our hotel and really appreciate the compliments on our room conditions and restaurant. Please let us know when you are back from South Carloina so we can thank you in person, the pool will be crystal clear for the kids. Go Rams !
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The service, leadership, and beauty of this hotel makes it exceptional. It seems all employees do everything needed. There's no feeling of "that's not my job" attitude. The general manager, Laird, gets it right. Customers DON'T come first. Employees and the staff come first. The trickle-down effect to create the best customer experience is huge. Linda, Amber, the head chef, Chandra, Jamie -- they are all very caring, and they do a great job. You can tell they love the hotel. The cleanliness, upgraded decor, etc. is just right. The only problem is they offer free popcorn in the afternoon in the lobby (and coffee all day) and the popcorn machine broke. That's digging pretty far to find a fault <G>. I'd give this hotel a 10 rating if I could. (I forgot the head engineers' name but he was so wonderful and knowledgeable; refused to accept my tip and said "They pay me very well here. No tip necessary." WOW... I can see why this hotel won national awards. Laird, you're fantastic.

Room Tip: I like rooms near the elevator. I loved the quality of the air conditioning, etc.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Anita, Thank you for the wonderful comments ! We are truly excited that so many staff members contributed to making your stay so enjoyable. We will thank all involved. Please let us know when your travels bring you from Vegas back to your second home, the red carpet will be waiting ! Thanks again for your time and kind words.
Gulfport, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I'll try to keep the negativity low. Keep in mind as we speak my carrots are thawing in the sink.

Pro's

Accepts Gov't rate and is fairly accomodating at the front desk.
Staff is friendly.
Good location with interstate access less than a minute away. Outlet mall near within walking distance.
24hr pool

Cons

- The refridgerator was set to ' freeze everything' setting when i arrived. Normally i dont check the temperature of fridges when i arrive. Almost froze insulin first night- blew up a diet dr pepper instead.
- Theres only 2 washer /dryer machines for the entire hotel. This leads to everyone stacking up around the time they are set to finish. Not a happy situation.
- Stairwells are locked to ground floor access. I like to take the stairs esp. since there are only 2 elevators that you cannot force-shut the doors to expedite the transit. Normal hotels require key for entry. This hotel just locks it.
- The 2 lamps next to the bed require hammers to turn on and off. The switches at the base cannot be actuated while laying in bed. I screw the light bulb in and out.
- Internet is pretty awful. It will never remember ip address of your device if you leave the hotel and come back or shut the unit down. Bandwidth is also painfully slow around morning time 7-9am and evening 6-9pm.
- When flushing the toilet i can hear what sounds like a 2 stroke lawnmower gasping for air in the wall from the pipes knocking.
- Breakfast- Skip this it is entirely too overpriced. Sunday 'buffet' is a continental style and you walk away minus 15$
- Dinner at the hotel restaraunt- Dined in once, decent food ok price. Service was meh had the wrong item delivered to me(no big deal) and overall slower than average serving time.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LairdSiegal, Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Fiveball, Please accept our respectful apology for the less than acceptable stay at our hotel. We will address and resolve the items within our physical control. Contact me personally should your travels bring you to our area again. It appears you are from the area and we would appreciate another opportunity to "get it right". Thank you for your valuable time to share this helpful information.
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great place to stay for outlet shopping or if want to be near the interstate. Very clean hotel and friendly staff. Everyone seemed to be in a good moo from the ladies at the front desk to the lady making coffee. My only wish would be for my breakfast to be included with room. My family has to have a hot breakfast and 12.00 for a buffet is a little extreme. But everything else was perfect. Pool stays open 24 hours. Thank you, that saved me with the little people.

• Stayed April 2013
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
TyronndaB, We appreciate your time to post the compliments about our award winning hotel, and thanks for mentioning a few departments. We will pass along your comments. Yes, the outlet mall accross the street does attract a lot of our guests and really offers some great bargins ! Our entire staff will continue to demonstrate our true southern hospitality and we hope to see you soon if your travels bring you our way from Mobile. Thanks again.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I reviewed this hotel twice in the past and both times were great. This time, not so nice. First of all the hotel is showing wear and tear-common areas and the rooms. The pool was the worst. Also, the daily rate has been lowered and the clientele seems to be lower end - and catering to internet bargains. The rooms were ok and the air worked well, but we did find several hairs in the bathroom. There were several scuff marks on the walls and the furniture is outdated. All of the staff-except for the front desk - was very nice, friendly, and knowledgeable. The front desk made an error on their part and had the wrong credit card assigned to my folio, so they called me early the first morning to advise. When I questioned it, they admitted it was their mistake and when I asked about it again and made a complaint-the only response I got from the female front desk agent was "I said it was a mistake and I said I am sorry". RUDE! Not the way to handle. Anyhow, other than this the staff was great! Breakfast was an amazing experience. The staff at breakfast is the best ever!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
JanetCollins, Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
VPNor, Thank you for your very respected feedback. We will pass along the compliments to our breakfast staff. I do sincerely apopogize for the billing confusion by our desk staff, we should always verify our credit information prior to disturbing our guests. Thank you for your continued support and we hope to see you in the near future.

Hotel Management

Been to Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport? Share your experiences!