“Really nice for a airport hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Shop & Stay
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Marietta, United States
“Really nice for a airport hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The hotel had an updated decor. The front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. I found the room to be very clean and nice decorated. I found the mattress to be less comfortable than some that I've had at other hotel chains.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value our guests feedback and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with all of us.

I hope we get to see you back again soon.

Hospitably,

Rosie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Burgaw, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I returned to Gulfport for another stay while on business. I have stayed in this property many times and have always been treated as a valued guest. This trip was no exception. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and hospitable and the amenities are well maintained.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Great to have you back again.

I appreciate you taking the time, once again, to share your experience with TripAdvisor.

We hope to see you back again soon.

Rosie Lowe
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed here due to a cancelled flight. Requested smoking room but upon arrival was told it was a non-smoking facility. Had room with two beds (there were three of us) and found there was only two single cup coffee service in room. When we requested another coffee we were told there was a charge of $1 each. Went to the 'grill' for dinner, ordered three appetizers and four mixed drinks, and the bill was $123 !! Really ! $12 for an 8oz. margarita and the food was no better than McDonald's. The bed was even hard and uncomfortable. Thought Hilton was a quality place to stay but no more, it's Best Western from now on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your honest input on our value and amenities and apologize you were disappointed in our guestroom appointment.

We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for ways to improve your experience and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Rosie Lowe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Excellent staff and excellent price point. I have stayed at this hotel at least 15-20 times and although I can get free rooms at casinos I prefer to stay here. The hotel is always shining and the rooms are in excellent condition. The grounds are kept clean and free of debris. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Gulfport, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My stay at this Hotel was amazing the staff there presented themselves as very knowledgeable and helpful and the accommodation process was smooth and effortless. The price was fair for the four nights I stay compared to some of the others in the area but overall it was an awesome experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Pace, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Booked this hotel for one night this past weekend to stay after attending a sporting event. Check in around 10:00PM was easy although the staff was distracted. The first person at the front desk just said hi and I said "I'm checking in" and she replied back, "Your checking in?" (in the tone of either she didn't expect anyone checking in or she had no clue how to check someone in.) Another person then came up and actually checked us in.

Got up to the room, room was older. I looked up and one of the sprinkler heads for the fire sprinklers was actually falling out of the ceiling. Got in to the bathroom and there were hairs in the sink!!! Bed was extremely uncomfortable. I might as well have been sleeping on the ground outside. The bed did not give at all.

As far as it being quiet, yeah it's quiet as long as plane isn't landing. A plane landing is what woke me up the next morning. This one is very close to the airport, when a plane is landing or taking off you might as well be on the flight line.

Staying at this hotel has pretty much solidified my decision to not stay at Hilton branded hotels any longer. I have been a loyal Hilton customer for many years but just about all of their properties are outdated and worn.

Upon check-out, was not even asked how my stay was. Will not be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor.

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and that our team did not provide the service that you are accustomed too. As you can see by the listed reviews this is not typical of our team and since we are not in the flight line of the airport we are typically less apt to experience the same noise level as the hotels on Hwy 49. Unfortunately though we do get the occasional military flight that does rattle the buildings all over no matter if you are in the flight line or not.

I hope that you will contact me so that I can personally apologize and ensure that if there is something additional that we need to address that we know about that as well.

Thank you again and please feel free to contact me at GPTAP_GM@Hilton.com or my direct line at 228-574-9570.

Hospitably,

Rosie
Purvis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Bed is awesome and considering it is right by the airport, we slept like a dream. Remember to take into account that this wasn't a romantic retreat for my husband and me. He had just gotten into the airport late at night following a 17-hour flight. He was exhausted, and I am not a great driver at night, so the hotel was a necessity. I was extremely thankful for the value (in the area) and quality. seems those two things don't go hand-in-hand anymore.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport? Share your experiences!