“Nice ...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 27 hotels in Gulfport
madisonville
“Nice ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Very clean & nice....Same set up as others in different cities if you prefer this chain. Bed are same which are great....staff was okay at this but most are better... and restaurant menu had a lot lesd selections than others had been to but food ws still real good...bbq chicken flatbread style pizza real good....even right by airport, it was very quiet....think it is over priced for Gulfport however so probably would pick some place else just due to cost....

• Stayed April 2013

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Staff was helpful and friendly. The restaurant had good food and you're less than 10 minutes from downtown. Rooms are the typical Hilton garden inn layout. The bed in my room had a firmness adjustment setting which is cool. Nice lobby area.

• Stayed April 2013
Plano
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nothing better than a clean room with clean sheets. Very good quality for a hotel off the I-10 East interstate! It's located near a regional airport yet you can hear planes coming in or leaving. restaurant closes early which is a drawback, but not enough for me to rate it low.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. Our team takes pride in getting great scores and reviews such as this. We have had many people mention that they booked because of the reviews on this site so we really value all feedback so that we can continue to improve.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back again soon.
Cocoa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

No internet connection on the first floor, food at resturant hardly edible, got charged for 2 extra days after i left wasnt contacted by the hotel had to find out through my employer, room wasn't made up and trash wasn't takein out a couple of times.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that there were some billing errors that occurred during your stay with us. I can assure you that we never want to intentionally mislead our guests in any way and I sincerely apologize if the charges were not clear. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel respected and that we can resolve their issues in an efficient matter. With this said, I can assure you that we are looking into your situation and will promptly find a resolution.

In the meantime, if there is anything that I can do assist you; please feel free to contact me.
West Lafayette, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very noisy. toilet did not work. the handle was broken. there was a stale smell in the room. the toilet problem was reported at checkout but there was not a lot of concern shown by the staff. Apparently using Honors points gets you into a cheaper room. the air conditioner was very noisy as were all the guests that were congregating in the hallway. I arrived after dinner and left before breakfast to catch a flight so I have no comment about the food or service. The room felt old even though the hotel is fairly new. One night in this hotel convinced me that the hotel across the parking lot would be a better choice next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you had some issues that inconvenienced you during your stay. I am so sorry that you were inconvenienced by the noise coming from the A/C unit in your room and that your toilet was not working properly. I thank you for bringing it up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our maintenance crew to fix this. Our main priority is for the satisfaction of our guests and I assure you that I will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us again.
Millbrook, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel is in a great locale, unless you want the beach. The food was very good. The hotel is in very good condition. The staff however is the worse I have seen at a Hilton Garden Inn, and I am a Diamond member, so I have stayed in several. If I was flying in/out and there one day, I'd stay. If you are going there for the beach or for several days, stay at the Hampton downtown.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

It's obvious that the hotel is fairly new. I know the big rave is about the new adjustable beds but find out how to use them first!! The people who slept on it before left them every hard and we didnt know how to adjust them so the first night sleep was awful. The a/c is too noisy and there is not enough parking.- Came in late and there were no parking spaces, had to park along the gravel in the back of the hotel :-(
Ok, for the good...Free internet, free parking...very convienient location...walmart, waffle house, bars, highways within a mile. Hang outs and attractions within 5 miles. The king jacuzzi room is huge, bigger than my first apartment in NY :-)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so sorry that we failed to explain the Garden Sleep System beds at check in. They can be a delightfull experience if they are set to your preference but if not I could see them being not so nice. Thank you for staying with us & I hope that you will come back and see us again knowing that this time the bed will be a positive part of the stay.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport? Share your experiences!