“Exactly what you would expect” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Shop & Stay
Ranked #2 of 27 hotels in Gulfport
Chandler, Arizona
“Exactly what you would expect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

OK, my fault for not really checking the location before booking... It is very close to the airport, but not anything else. But that's OK they have a bar with happy hour! You expect all of the Hilton properties to be clean and nice with above average service. These guys deliver. Five stars because I'm assuming it was a wine spill and not blood on the mattress which was visible when I pulled the duvet back.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I was happy to hear that our airport was not an issue. We will follow up on the wine stain to ensure it is removed. If you would like to share any additional information please feel free to contact me at the hotel direct at 228-863-4996 or at Rosie.Lowe@Hilton.com

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

As a college student funds are limited but my friends and I decided to carpool to the coast for a few days and just RELAX! We definitely came to the right place the rooms are average but everything else including the service was on point. The front desk kindly pointed us in the direction of cheap but GREAT food and other things in the area. we are already planning our second trip to the coast and this will be our hotel of choice

Room Tip: book on price-line we got a $40.00 decrease
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for sharing the information about our hotel. We hope to see you back again soon or at least by next Spring.
Aiea, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I usually call my mom for suggestions on hotels so after hearing bad news about the original hotel I was going to choose (Residence Inn) I asked where would be a great place to stay and at least half of the other military wives suggested the Hilton as it is located in walking distance from the other hotel. I am so glad they did because this hotel was perfect! The breakfast was slightly above average but the service was great we had an issue with the shower (water pressure was way too low) but they quickly placed us in another room and apologized.
Our first night there my husband and I weren't feeling good and a few hours later my 6 month old started to run a low grade fever so I called downstairs to ask where a drugstore was so I could get us some medicine one of the front desk clerks knocked on my door a few minutes later with unopened medicine drops for the baby, Nyquil, soup, crackers, and powerade. She went to the store for me so I wouldn't have to take the baby out. I thought that was so nice and because of that we will stay here over and over again! Plus it's not far from casinos and other attractions. The staff make this place excellent the rooms aren't that huge but they are clean and it's not too far from the airport (shockingly we didn't hear the airplanes!).

Room Tip: If you have a small baby and you travel with a LOT of baby stuff like myself then try to get a room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing Hilton Garden inn Gulfport. I was so pleased to hear that the other wives reffered you to our hotel. I'm sorry that your family was not feeling well but I am glad to see our team was able to make you comfortable in spite of the situation. Thank you again for staying with us and for your families Service to our Country.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at many Hilton brand hotels over the years and this was the worst. From the moment we checked in and until we left we were not impressed. The front desk worker was rude at check in. Then our key cards would not open the door at the parking lot and we had two small children and it was freezing outside. As we got to the room the front desk called and we told them about it and didn't even offer to fix the cards. There were bugs in the bathroom and staples by the desk that my 2 year old found. By the end of the visit none of the key cards would even open our door. The vending machines didn't with either. Will not stay here again

• Stayed March 2013
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. I am so sorry that you found bugs in your room and that you found our staff to be rude. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town
New Orleans, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We went to a concent in Biloxi but drove back over to Gulfport for the night. The property is always so neat and clean and I use it when in the area. That's not the reason for writing, though. Everyone once in a while, though, you run into an exceptional person that really makes a difference. On this trip, it was Michelle. After a night with Grand Funk Railroad, we didn't open our eyes the next morning until 0930...and breakfast ended at 1000. Rather than try and drag my wife out of bed, I ran to the breakfast area and asked if I could get two breakfasts to go. Michelle was not only cordial, but seemed overjoyed to have the opportunity to get us exactly what we wanted, added drinks of choice, and all the little condiments that would be needed. Maybe she was just excited because I was her last customer for breakfast, but whatever the reason, she was a joy to behold. The strip in Biloxi is nice to view, but there are so many people, you kind of feel like cattle being herded. AT the Garden Inn in Gulfport, you feel like and executive.

Room Tip: We always get a room with two beds to have plenty of pillows. If you stuff two into one pillow case...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and how Michelle took care of you with exceptional Southern Hospitality. We hope that when you are attending another concert in the area that you will come back and see us again.
Franklin, Tennessee
1,101 reviews 1,101 reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great location in regards to my customer locally and also right at the airport. I like the Hilton Garden Inn because of the better breakfast they serve. (A little bit better then Hampton INn) mor of a hot cooked meal and selection. Rooms clean and company rate was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Suzanne P, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our property and our breakfast offerings. Our restaurant staff takes great pride in serving our guests and putting out a fabulous breakfast. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn.
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel is directly across from the Gulfport airport. I had a 6:00 AM flight and could not have picked a better hotel. The staff is friendly and the rooms clean. They have a shuttle to and from the airport so the convenience could not be beat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am so pleased that you enjoyed our property and our location to the airport. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your wonderful comments regarding our staff. Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport? Share your experiences!