“Not worth it” 2 of 5 stars

Shop & Stay
Ranked #2 of 28 hotels in Gulfport
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at many Hilton brand hotels over the years and this was the worst. From the moment we checked in and until we left we were not impressed. The front desk worker was rude at check in. Then our key cards would not open the door at the parking lot and we had two small children and it was freezing outside. As we got to the room the front desk called and we told them about it and didn't even offer to fix the cards. There were bugs in the bathroom and staples by the desk that my 2 year old found. By the end of the visit none of the key cards would even open our door. The vending machines didn't with either. Will not stay here again

• Stayed March 2013
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. I am so sorry that you found bugs in your room and that you found our staff to be rude. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town

306 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New Orleans, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We went to a concent in Biloxi but drove back over to Gulfport for the night. The property is always so neat and clean and I use it when in the area. That's not the reason for writing, though. Everyone once in a while, though, you run into an exceptional person that really makes a difference. On this trip, it was Michelle. After a night with Grand Funk Railroad, we didn't open our eyes the next morning until 0930...and breakfast ended at 1000. Rather than try and drag my wife out of bed, I ran to the breakfast area and asked if I could get two breakfasts to go. Michelle was not only cordial, but seemed overjoyed to have the opportunity to get us exactly what we wanted, added drinks of choice, and all the little condiments that would be needed. Maybe she was just excited because I was her last customer for breakfast, but whatever the reason, she was a joy to behold. The strip in Biloxi is nice to view, but there are so many people, you kind of feel like cattle being herded. AT the Garden Inn in Gulfport, you feel like and executive.

Room Tip: We always get a room with two beds to have plenty of pillows. If you stuff two into one pillow case...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and how Michelle took care of you with exceptional Southern Hospitality. We hope that when you are attending another concert in the area that you will come back and see us again.
Franklin, Tennessee
1,174 reviews 1,174 reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great location in regards to my customer locally and also right at the airport. I like the Hilton Garden Inn because of the better breakfast they serve. (A little bit better then Hampton INn) mor of a hot cooked meal and selection. Rooms clean and company rate was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Suzanne P, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our property and our breakfast offerings. Our restaurant staff takes great pride in serving our guests and putting out a fabulous breakfast. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn.
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel is directly across from the Gulfport airport. I had a 6:00 AM flight and could not have picked a better hotel. The staff is friendly and the rooms clean. They have a shuttle to and from the airport so the convenience could not be beat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am so pleased that you enjoyed our property and our location to the airport. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your wonderful comments regarding our staff. Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Flat Rock, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is located right off the Gulfport MS airport road but quiet. Great location to catch a flight and be able to get on interestate for travel as well. The hotel staff are extrememly friendly and will welcome you by name after first visit. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The beds are adjustable and fit whatever firmness you may desire. The in hotel dining is very convenient as well as great quality and service. Happy hour each evening from 5 till 7 in the bar. Breakfast is great for on the run or sit down. The price is comparable to other dining places. Excercise room is great for those interested. I love this hotel and would stay here again in this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. It is our pleasure to take care of our guests and to know that we exceeded your expecations is great news. Your comments will be passed on to our staff and will definitely make their day. We thank you for taking the time to recognized their efforts and we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Alexandria, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel feels like going home to me!

The hotel facility is head-and-shoulders above any other I encounter in my business travels, which in itself should be enough, but they don't stop there. The service is simply the best you will find in ANY hotel. Period.

Each and every staff member goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and know you are welcome. It's evident they all love what they do. I only get there about every six or so weeks, but the front desk, chef, serving staff and bartender all remember my name, what I had to eat last time I was there, and what my favorite drink is when I need a little happy hour. It boggles my mind how they do it with the amount of guests they have coming and going each day. They remember where I'm from, what I do for a living and ask about my family. It's so nice, because being on the road so much gets lonely at times, and it's good to feel like you're with friends.

I hope Hilton realizes they have a flagship for their brand in Gulfport, MS, because I surely do.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Suzanne P, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you feel like part of "Our HGI Family"! Our entire staff takes pride in going above and beyond and to be recognized with such amazing comments will definitely bring a smile to their faces. Thank you for taking the time to recognized their efforts. We appreciated your feedback and look forward to having you come "Home" again soon!
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at the HGI in Gulfport for the Super Bowl in New Orleans. The hotel was extremely clean and breakfast was tasty and efficient. Check-in was easy and the queen bed with and adjustable mattress provided a great night's sleep. The hotel is close enough to the airport and I10 but also very quiet and comfortable. The next time I am in the area, this hotel will be on my short list.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
OUTSTANDING!!! Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It turned out to be a very nice weekend and our team here at the HGI Gulfport had a great time with all of the fans. Thank you for staying with us!!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport? Share your experiences!