“I love this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 28 hotels in Gulfport
Alexandria, Louisiana
“I love this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel feels like going home to me!

The hotel facility is head-and-shoulders above any other I encounter in my business travels, which in itself should be enough, but they don't stop there. The service is simply the best you will find in ANY hotel. Period.

Each and every staff member goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and know you are welcome. It's evident they all love what they do. I only get there about every six or so weeks, but the front desk, chef, serving staff and bartender all remember my name, what I had to eat last time I was there, and what my favorite drink is when I need a little happy hour. It boggles my mind how they do it with the amount of guests they have coming and going each day. They remember where I'm from, what I do for a living and ask about my family. It's so nice, because being on the road so much gets lonely at times, and it's good to feel like you're with friends.

I hope Hilton realizes they have a flagship for their brand in Gulfport, MS, because I surely do.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Suzanne P, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you feel like part of "Our HGI Family"! Our entire staff takes pride in going above and beyond and to be recognized with such amazing comments will definitely bring a smile to their faces. Thank you for taking the time to recognized their efforts. We appreciated your feedback and look forward to having you come "Home" again soon!

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at the HGI in Gulfport for the Super Bowl in New Orleans. The hotel was extremely clean and breakfast was tasty and efficient. Check-in was easy and the queen bed with and adjustable mattress provided a great night's sleep. The hotel is close enough to the airport and I10 but also very quiet and comfortable. The next time I am in the area, this hotel will be on my short list.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
OUTSTANDING!!! Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It turned out to be a very nice weekend and our team here at the HGI Gulfport had a great time with all of the fans. Thank you for staying with us!!
Summerville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great place to stay if you have an early morning flight. Just minutes from the airport. Dispite the proximity to the airport, it was very quite. Front desk staff, if fact all of the staff, are very friendly and professional. Excellent made to order breakfast, or just a continental if you want. Unfortunately, it was $9.95. The Ressidence Inn just accross the parking lot has a free made to order breakfast. I would have given the Garden Inn five stars for a free breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for choosing us while in Gulfport. I wish we could include breakfast for everyone but until the brand changes that standard check out our Bed and Breakfast Package. It offers the Full Cooked to Order Breakfast and the Buffet included in the room rate at just half of the regular breakfast cost.
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business. Location is directly across the street from the Gulfport-Biloxi Airport. Its close to I 10 and Highway 49 so getting around the area is very quick. I checked in and was given a room with a double queen, and the front desk was able to exchange it for a King without any problems. Front desk were friendly and helpful. The room was pretty typical for a HGI property: clean and well maintained. Could not ask for any thing better. The restaurant area and bar are all the same. You can order from the menu for lunch or dinner, Breakfast is also made to order, I had it and it was good although I'm not sure it was worth the $10 it costs. Overall, this is a nice place to stay. Don't worry about the airport as there are not enough flights after dark to keep you awake. I don't think I heard any until about 6:30 the next morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at the HGI Gulfport with TripAdvisor. We appreciate you staying with us and for the feedback. I was very pleased to once again hear that the airport noise was not an issue. Thank you again!!
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Room is nice. Construction is taking place. The pool is outside with a clean hot tub. The exercise room has a lot to be desired. The lounge, bar and restaurant are morphed into one. It is just average. I guess...what do you expect in Gulfport MS.

• Stayed September 2012
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments and for choosing Hilton Garden Inn.
Pascagoula, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed here to catch an early flight out the next morning. It was nice. We paid a bit more for the room with the large tub and my wife really enjoyed it. Good service just like the other GHIs that I have been to.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I am so pleased that you enjoyed our property even if it was just over night. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport. We hope that you have the opportunity to return again in the not so distant future.
Waynesboro, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We travel two or three weekends a month with a travel baseball team, and have stayed at numerous hotels throughout the state of MS, AL, and FL. During the week of our stay, we started out at the Holiday Inn down the road from the Hilton Garden Inn. We normally stayed at Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express wherever we went because we have been satisfied in the past and have never had any reason to change. This time our reservation ran out on Saturday and they did not have a vacancy at the Holiday Inn where we were currently staying. I called around to all of the hotels and even the Hilton did not have a vacancy at the beginning of the day. Luckily, I continued to check at several of the chains and a vacancy came open last minute at the Hilton. We were thrilled to just have a hotel room, but were more thrilled when we made it to our room. The Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport not only met our expectations but exceeded them. The price from Holiday Inn to Hilton Garden Inn was exactly the same, but the products at the Hilton were better. Hilton gave us more towels...we had to consistently ask for towels at Holiday Inn. The room was extremely clean. The size of the room was excellent. If I had to try and find a complaint...the only thing I can say is that the elevator was a little slow. I know we were close to the airport, but I never heard a sound. The air conditioner worked perfectly. There was plenty of hot water...I cannot say enough. It was a very pleasant surprise...and we are now reconsidering our loyalty to Holiday Inn and looking to see if there is a Hilton Garden Inn before reserving our stays.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review of our hotel. Your comments mean a lot to our team. We hope that we have won you over to the Hilton Garden Inn brand for all of your future tournaments. Thank you for staying with us.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport? Share your experiences!