“Less Than What You Pay For” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 13 hotels in Grenada
Annapolis, Missouri
“Less Than What You Pay For”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We needed two rooms for one night so I was trying to go cheap. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. In the case of the Quality Inn in Grenada, MS it was certainly the latter. The bad: The lady at the front desk was less than friendly and you would think we were asking for something of immense value when I asked her for one extra towel. Her answer, "There are two of you in the room, you have two towels." The TV continually froze and would not even turn off. When I called the front desk, the advice was to unplug it from the wall, wait a few minutes and plug it back in. This worked, but soon after, it froze again. If you are a channel surfer, BEWARE! There was also a very strong odor (cleaning supplies of some sort) when we entered the room. Finally, the items that should have been hot on the breakfast bar weren't (even at 7:30 in the morning, just one-half hour after the breakfast service started).

That said, it wasn't all bad. The rooms were quiet and clean. The gentleman on duty the next morning was also friendly. The rooms were cheap and served their purpose, though I will not stay there again simply because of the lady on duty the day we checked in. There are other places with similar prices there and I would check them out first.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
mike p, Manager at Quality Inn Grenada, responded to this review, September 3, 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. and about the TV, there was problem with cable one amplifire so it was fixed next day.

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is the only place in Grenada I found that would accept a pet.
We were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed our one night stay here!
Staff was courteous and helpful, pool was well maintained and our room while not fancy
was quite clean and comfortable. It appears that this hotel is doing some remodeling and
that it may be a "work in progress". Our beds and bathroom area appeared to be new while
tv, etc. seemed older. Not a problem as the price was great! Wifi worked great. Nice area for dog walking right outside the room. We would definitely stay here again. Very family friendly atmosphere here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
mike p, Manager at Quality Inn Grenada, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel on Trip Advisor. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team.We are delighted you found your stay wonderful! Our goal is to ensure all of our guest have a great stay with us.

Farmington, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed here on way to beach. Clean and quiet. Also had some hot breakfast items. I reserved the room the day as it was almost half way. Service was friendly. I only saw two others at hotel. Not sure if Grenada is out of the way. Hotel was sufficient for family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
mike p, Manager at Quality Inn Grenada, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay.
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The check in process was fast and efficient, I was given the exact type of room I had reserved. The room was clean except for the carpet. I left my white socks on in the room and they were very dirty by bedtime. The room was large, with a couch, refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, coffee pot, iron and ironing board. I am traveling with a pet and there was not a good spot to walk my dog. My GPS could not find the motel, i found it just by luck. It is on a service road behind a Subway and Flower shop. The continental breakfast was adequate. With the pet fee this was the most expensive hotel I stayed in on my 1300 mile trip and was the least impressive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
mike p, General Manager at Quality Inn Grenada, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Quality Inn, Grenada, MS.
we apologize for any inconvenience you may occur during your stay. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We appreciate your time to review your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed there lastnight. Check in was a breeze. The clerk was very nice. The room was large and the king bed was great for me and my husband. There was a piece of ceiling missing in the bathroom. But everything was clean. And I'm not too worried about looks.
There was a microwave and sm fridge. Didn't use them. But it was a nice inclusion. The breakfast was great!! Waffles,pancakes,sausage,biscuits and gravy, cereal. Bagels,muffins, donuts, toast, and fruit!! A great spread for the kind of hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Baton Rouge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

For a free hotel night on Choice Privileges it was O.K. If I had payed money It would have fallen in my rating. The manager was less than friendly. The room was a little stinky (like cigarettes). The beds were not so comfy. But, the free breakfast was great. Hot sausages, cheesey egg omlettes, cereal, bagels, toast, juice, coffee, pancakes and waffles. O.K. for one night stay but not on my favorites list.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I'm not picky about hotel rooms; don't need a 5-star hotel. I do expect them to be clean. The room smelled of mold and was very humid/damp. Carpet felt damp. Spiders and cobwebs in every corner of the room, dead bugs on most surfaces around the perimeter, and woke up with a cockroach crawling on the ceiling above me. Huge stain on the wall where someone had previously smashed an insect. Bathroom was filthy; dusty and again, dead bugs everywhere. Linens appeared to be clean but I honestly don't want to know. Most disgusting room I have ever stayed in; if we hadn't had 2 exhausted kids and all of their things we would have left. I talked to the "manager" the next day and he gave us a whole $8 adjustment, without any apology or acting concerned in the least. This place is in need of some new management and a lot of TLC. Not worth the money we paid.

Room Tip: don't go!!