“Just an average hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Grenada

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Grenada to your Saves list
Days Inn Grenada
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1796 Sunset Drive, I55 Exit 206 (Frontage Road), Grenada, MS 38901   |
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Grenada

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

The days inn website says this hotel has an indoor pool and the image of the hotel online looks quite nice. HOWEVER...that hotel burned down and the corporate headquarters for days inn never updated the website with the current hotel information. This place is a dump. It does not have a pool, the place looks schetchy and the rooms are dark and smell bad. We asked for our money back and went to another place down the road. The lady at th front desk was very nice is returning our money and apologized for the website being incorrect..she said they have contacted corporate several times to get it updated but they have never done it. I wouldn't recommend this place at all.

• Stayed July 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

We made reservations online in order to get the 15% off. When we get there we find a cheap concrete building with a big green grass field with a little patch of concrete where the pool was BEFORE THE BUILDING BURNT DOWN YEARS AGO. They still use the old picture to advertise and they still claim to have a pool. The advertisement on our reservation said we would have a pool view from the room. I guess that wasn't a lie, I can see the concrete where they filled it in. The breakfast would only be considered hot if we where in North Dakota. If you stay there bring Raid and a can if mold away from Lysol.

• Stayed June 2012
Gualala, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I was told by a friend to try this hotel when in Grenada. I go to Grenada twice a year to work and this hotel was great. Very friendly staff and the room was great clean and comfortable. Felt very safe at this hotel. Will stay here from now on

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Duncans Mills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We were just passing through and late and decided to stay at this hotel by its curb appeal. The hotel looked clean from outside and the building looked like its has been recently renovated.
The check in was smooth we were greeted warmly. The room was very clean and comfortable. It had all the amenities and the breakfast was also good in the morning. We will be back

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

We stayed at this hotel during evacuation from Morgan City, La for Hurricane Gustav. This was the last hotel we stayed at because we tried to go home but couldn't so we had to rent another hotel. When we checked in, we told the guy we had a dog and he put us on the pool side. We knew the hotel was pet friendly so we were relieved of that!! Later that night, my fiance was coming in from letting out dog out about 9:00 and the manager saw him and asked him why he had that dog in the pool area. He explained to her that we were staying above the pool area and she said we couldn't be there with the dog and we had to leave!! We couldn't believe it!!! While were were packing our stuff in the room, they called us and told us that we had 10 minutes to get out or they were calling the cops!!!! I thought that during an evacuation they were supposed to let you have dogs no matter what but I guess not!!! While we were checking out, the desk clerk started asking us if we had another place to go and stuff (which we did not!!) but she quickly turned that around and just told us that we were being charged for the room anyway including the pet fee!!!!!!!!!!!! We paid 80.00 for a room that we got kicked out of and we ended up having to drive 6 hours in the middle of the night to get another room!!!! We had my 7 year old daughter for all of this and she was very upset!! She didn't understand why we had to leave so late and had to drive all the way home. I don't suggest this place to anyone because of the way they treated us this night. I have never been so embarrased!!!! She REALLY treated us bad. DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The fact that we got kicked out of a room for a dog during a hurricane evacuation with nowhere to go and no more money but we STILL got charged for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2007

My family reserved 7 rooms for 2 nights, with a lunch buffet for our Christmas gathering. When I initially contacted the hotel to reserve my room I was rudely told that they had someone there and "you're gonna hafta call back." Given that our event was planned for this location, i did call back and reserve my room. After driving 10 hours I checked in to find the rudest desk clerk, EVER! I tried small talk about Christmas to try to get a smile, but it was obvious that I was a HUGE inconvenience. This type of behavior from the staff was consistent throughtout the entire stay. We had poolside rooms that were NASTY. For example, mold on the ceilings. Our indoor poolside room had to share the pool area with a Christmas party of over 200 drunk people (some of which were later arrested) with a DJ booth. We were never informed there would be such a party that was scheduled to midnight. It was obvious this party was not going to be shut down given the Manager On Duty was partaking in the party. The pool closes at 10:00 and given that it was after that time I asked the front desk (big mistake) if we could at least tolerate the disturbance by giving us use of the hot tub. We were told no and that these people paid for this party. They were not going to make any exceptions for our "$50 a night room." (BTW, our rooms were $69+tax and we had 7 of them for 2 nights + the lunch buffet). I asked to speak the manager and was told there was none there and they didn't have the number to contact her. She later appeared at the front desk with her party name tag on. Given that we were not going to be able to use the hot tub we then complained about the extreme noise level and the fact that laying down at that point to get a night's rest would be impossible. At that point the manager kicked us out of the hotel. She called the police and claimed we were on private property and they have the right to refuse service. We had no choice but to leave and were charged for both nights! UNBELIEVABLE!! While the police were there several drunken fights broke out in the lobby, the parking lot, and the banquet room. The police officer just shook his head in disbelief along with us. Take my advice...do not even consider this hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Grenada? Share your experiences!