“clean & comfy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Grenada

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Grenada to your Saves list
Knights Inn Grenada
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1796 Sunset Drive, I55 Exit 206 (Frontage Road), Grenada, MS 38901 (Formerly Days Inn Grenada)   |
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Grenada
Duncans Mills, California
“clean & comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We were just passing through and late and decided to stay at this hotel by its curb appeal. The hotel looked clean from outside and the building looked like its has been recently renovated.
The check in was smooth we were greeted warmly. The room was very clean and comfortable. It had all the amenities and the breakfast was also good in the morning. We will be back

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

We stayed at this hotel during evacuation from Morgan City, La for Hurricane Gustav. This was the last hotel we stayed at because we tried to go home but couldn't so we had to rent another hotel. When we checked in, we told the guy we had a dog and he put us on the pool side. We knew the hotel was pet friendly so we were relieved of that!! Later that night, my fiance was coming in from letting out dog out about 9:00 and the manager saw him and asked him why he had that dog in the pool area. He explained to her that we were staying above the pool area and she said we couldn't be there with the dog and we had to leave!! We couldn't believe it!!! While were were packing our stuff in the room, they called us and told us that we had 10 minutes to get out or they were calling the cops!!!! I thought that during an evacuation they were supposed to let you have dogs no matter what but I guess not!!! While we were checking out, the desk clerk started asking us if we had another place to go and stuff (which we did not!!) but she quickly turned that around and just told us that we were being charged for the room anyway including the pet fee!!!!!!!!!!!! We paid 80.00 for a room that we got kicked out of and we ended up having to drive 6 hours in the middle of the night to get another room!!!! We had my 7 year old daughter for all of this and she was very upset!! She didn't understand why we had to leave so late and had to drive all the way home. I don't suggest this place to anyone because of the way they treated us this night. I have never been so embarrased!!!! She REALLY treated us bad. DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The fact that we got kicked out of a room for a dog during a hurricane evacuation with nowhere to go and no more money but we STILL got charged for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2007

My family reserved 7 rooms for 2 nights, with a lunch buffet for our Christmas gathering. When I initially contacted the hotel to reserve my room I was rudely told that they had someone there and "you're gonna hafta call back." Given that our event was planned for this location, i did call back and reserve my room. After driving 10 hours I checked in to find the rudest desk clerk, EVER! I tried small talk about Christmas to try to get a smile, but it was obvious that I was a HUGE inconvenience. This type of behavior from the staff was consistent throughtout the entire stay. We had poolside rooms that were NASTY. For example, mold on the ceilings. Our indoor poolside room had to share the pool area with a Christmas party of over 200 drunk people (some of which were later arrested) with a DJ booth. We were never informed there would be such a party that was scheduled to midnight. It was obvious this party was not going to be shut down given the Manager On Duty was partaking in the party. The pool closes at 10:00 and given that it was after that time I asked the front desk (big mistake) if we could at least tolerate the disturbance by giving us use of the hot tub. We were told no and that these people paid for this party. They were not going to make any exceptions for our "$50 a night room." (BTW, our rooms were $69+tax and we had 7 of them for 2 nights + the lunch buffet). I asked to speak the manager and was told there was none there and they didn't have the number to contact her. She later appeared at the front desk with her party name tag on. Given that we were not going to be able to use the hot tub we then complained about the extreme noise level and the fact that laying down at that point to get a night's rest would be impossible. At that point the manager kicked us out of the hotel. She called the police and claimed we were on private property and they have the right to refuse service. We had no choice but to leave and were charged for both nights! UNBELIEVABLE!! While the police were there several drunken fights broke out in the lobby, the parking lot, and the banquet room. The police officer just shook his head in disbelief along with us. Take my advice...do not even consider this hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

If you just want a bed to stay in for a night, then this motel is OK.
Air con was great, shower/waterpressure is also good. Our room was cleaned everyday, and apart from the shower curtain rail which was bent, everything in the room was usable.
Gym/fitness centre is awful, none of the electrical equipment worked, and all of the other equpment was unusable.
Breakfast is poor, very limited choice, and totally geared towards southern americans (grits, gravey and biscuits) - hence we went out for breakfast each day.
If all you are looking for is a bed for one night enroute to somewhere else, then this is fine for the price.
Location is good as just off the freeway exit, opposite a huge Wallmark which is open 24 hours, and 4 petrol (gas) stations within 1/2 mile of the property.
Jake and Rips is good for dinner, and Cafe Highlander (near the hospital) was excellent for lunch, popular with the locals, and very good value for money, and run by a real Scotsman!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hillside
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2007

My family chose this Days Inn location for our bi-annual family reunion. We felt the staff did the very best they could do given the number of employees at this motel. However, management will need to hire more staff.

The problems:
1. We paid for a group breakfast buffet. My wife and I arrived at the breakfast buffet at 9:00 AM. There were only 2 waitresses seating people. After 10 minutes of waiting we grabbed a running waitress as she was attempting to clean an empty table to seat us (The poor girl ingored us originally because she had so much to do). After being seated, my wife went to the buffet to learn that people were waiting around 15 minutes for eggs, bacon, grits and other assorted foods to be replenished. After, waiting for the cook to bring additional buffet items out the cook comes out and only brings a pan of bacon (while we wait for eggs, grits, biscuits, grits) and told us that she was the only cook in the kitchen on a Saturday.

After waiting for 30 minutes I decided to go across the street to McDonalds, despite the fact that we already paid for this supposed buffet breakfast.

2. The water in the rooms from the faucet is brown. In order for the water to be somewhat clear you must let the faucet run for 2-3 minutes. Still I would be uncomfortable drinking the hotel water. My wife and I went to Walmart t(across the street) to buy drinking water.

3. The toliet stool has a brown tint stain. Not cool.

4. Our mattress cover had a hole in the bed sheet.

5. The front desk checkin was slow. Again, not due to their fault. It is because of not enough employees.

6.When we first checked in to room 210 but the lock didn't work so we checked in room 212 and it was handled smoothly. The front desk staff tried their best to assist us.

7. The iron and refrigerator (small room refrigerator that doesn't fully cool your items)needs to be replaced. Equipment is in dis-repair.

In closing - I would like to say that I normally stay at Holiday Inn Express when traveling. However, because of my experience with this Days Inn location I might not stay at another Days Inn in the future. I am told this hotel has a high reservation rate so it is generating enough of a profit to make the necessary updates .

Unless you are hard-up and don't mind staying in sub-standard motels then welcome!

• Stayed July 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2007

This hotel was horrible! The room seemed okay to start, however, when we turned the lights on the next morning, it revealed a very nasty pest problem - cockroaches everywhere - including the breakfast bar (which was not as advertised)! Additionally, our dog was infested with fleas. We asked to speak to the management and were refused. Not a recommended stay!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2004

We arruved after 8 PM or we would have left the hotel to find a better
place to spend the nite.
1.The room had not be cleaned for sometime-there was dirt in all the corners and next to the beds.
2.The bedding did not appear to be very clean. The sheets were wrinkled and lose on the bed.
3.The water pipes rattled all night and when turned on they made a banging sound. Not conducive to a restful sleep.
We have traveled to S.Padre Island from our home for the last 4 years
and have never stayed in a hotel that was in such need of a good
cleaning and repair. I would be skeptical about staying in any other
Days Inn.

Been to Knights Inn Grenada? Share your experiences!