“Horrible Hotel!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Grenada
Memphis, Tennessee
“Horrible Hotel!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I want to start off saying I was very disappointed with this Hotel. I did read the reviews and I book anyways. My family and I was in Grenada for a funeral. I had stayed at pther Americas Best Value Inns and this was the worst. Mold in the ceiling of the bathroom, know shower head in the bathroom. The room at a musty smell to it. Never will stay here again.

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel!!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was not expecting like Hilton or Sheraton when you only spend few dollars to get few hours of sleep on the road. I have stayed there 3 times no trouble at all. It had free Hot breakfast and internet. Also coffee makers and fridge-micro in the room for guest like me who like to drink lots of coffee. Very Clean and quite night so no complain there. Though their best feature is the people who works there, very courteous and friendly. Definitely recommended for friends and family to save some money while travelling.

Room Tip: I personally like down stair rooms so do not have to climb up stair.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife's family book this hotel for us as their house in Grenada was full for the holidays. I was already worried about the reviews before we even got there. We arrived and the front desk person had an attitude, she then gave us our room cards. We walked to the hotel room to find out an old, dusty, musky smelling room that had the bathtub full of green mold with a large rust stain in the middle. Even my son said that the room was horrible. Went back to the front desk and asked for another room, the lady did not even apologized about it . she just gave us another room. Went to the next room and found that the paint was peeling off over the beds. That was it for me!

I called the Hilton Honors 1800 # and got us a room at the Hampton Inn!

Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT GO to this hotel! Needs to be renovated!!

Room Tip: There are none! I guaranteed it!! STAY AWAY!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bunkie, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The motel has a huge restaurant sign on the front of the motel. My wife was glad to see that since we had a log day of traveling and we didn't want to go out for dinner. After checking in on a Sunday night I'm told the restaurant is only open for dinner on Friday and Saturday. We had to go out for dinner after all. I did receive a great rate but it was all down hill after that. The motel room we had was out dated run down and had a bad smell and could use a coat of paint. The light between the two beds did not work because the receptical was not working. Bathroom had mold or mildew around tub. Bedspreads were soiled. Sheets and pillowcases were clean. I'm not one to complain but I did go outside and walk around and realized by the condition of the outside another room would most likely be more of the same. There were other issues that I don't care to get into. Overall this motel needs updating and is a no stay again for me at any price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Went to check in and after arriving to the room, we went back out and demanded a refund. The room was sooo gross. There were roaches, the water was running in the bathtub and was brown, we found a dirty mircowave, and trash behind the bed & dressers.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hazelwood, MO (St. Louis)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed here on my bike because it was rainning very hard. Was $50 for the night and a 'free'
hot breakfast. Room is large and was as clean and new as you would expect for 50$. I had plastic coffee cups in the room, but no coffee maker. As I loaded the bike the next day the room next door came out with coffee!!! They have a coffee maker. When I asked about this checking out, I was told, "oh yea, some have broken and we haven't replaced them." So, do I get a refund? "No". When you check in they give you a breakfast menue with the options of pancakes, or 2 eggs, toast, grits, and a meat. I went for the eggs. Smallest 2 eggs I've ever seen. Fast service and friendly. I would stay here again, and make sure I have a coffee maker!

Room Tip: 1/4 mile from I-55, lots of food places with in 1/8 mile.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
tuscaloosa,al
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Staff is wonderful.... Hot brkfst is great.... Rooms are decent and clean. And Wi Fi is free... Only thing I wish that they would have is exercise room...but guess you can not have it all... I have stayed couple if times and will definately stay again.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Grenada? Share your experiences!