“Second stay just as good as first” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Grenada
Mississippi USA
“Second stay just as good as first”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The first time I stayed here it was an emergency stop and it was excellent then. I recently stayed again on a planned visit as my daughter was graduating from a nearby college. The hotel was just as good if not better. It was clean, quiet and the staff was great. I will likley always choose this hotel when in the area as long as they keep it up.

Room Tip: Stayed in a king siute for a few dollars more. It was pretty good
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Houston, Tx.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We spent one night at this relatively new motel. The room was large and clean , the bed was
very comfortable and provided a great nights rest. The hotel was good but the breakfast the
next morning was not up to par, the scrambled eggs were very cold and, when they brought
out more after I complained, 5they were cold also so I threw in the garbage. Good selection of
restaurants nearby for lunch or dinner.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grenada, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear JimH_11,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We are delighted to read you liked your large clean room and comfortable bed. We apologize if some aspects of the complimentary breakfast prevented you from fully enjoying your stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this is the best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tremont, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed here on May 10th, and had excellent service. Regarding the free breakfast, I was impressed with the quality of the juice. May seem strange, but most hotels seem to water it down. This hotel has it just right. Nice selection of food for breakfast. I told them I was traveling by motorcycle and they had a ground floor room ready for me when I arrived. They allowed me to park under the front canopy for the night. Easy access off I55 too. Great staff. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Travelled here in early January for one night and found this to be a decent hotel considering its in a small town off the interstate. Service is good as always and room was clean and functional. A few places to eat nearby and breakfast at the hotel (express) is the norm for Holiday Inn, but you can always find something healthy to eat in addition to the typical American style breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnEpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grenada, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking time to give us feedback on your stay at our hotel. The Staff here at the Holiday Inn Express in Grenada want each and every guest to leave our hotel with a pleasant feel and with the thought that if they are ever back this way they would differently stay with us again.
Thank you for staying with us while you were in town and we hope to see you again.
JOPLIN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed here on our way from St Louis to New Orleans. Booked a room thru Priceline. Upon arrival the clerk said we had been assigned a room on the first floor but near the ice machine and elevator. She said she would be happy to get us a better located room if we desired but it wouldn't be on first floor. That was no problem for us and our room was very nice. Very friendly staff on this visit, especially the desk clerk and breakfast attendant. Great stay!!

We found ourselves coming the same direction 2 weeks later on Jan 19 and again booked a room thru Priceline. Same deskclerk as before and very friendly (Stephanie). It was a rather cool evening and when we walked into our room (212) it was FREEZING! Looked at thermostat and it was on 59 degrees as was the room!! Took a while to warm up. Then went to take shower and when I turned on faucet to get to correct warmness before turning on the shower, I got water dumped all over me and the floor~~shower head had been turned completely toward bathroom and lever was somehow propped open so water came out of showerhead instead of bath faucet. Finally got things corrected and began to shower and realized the plug had been closed so water wasn't draining and I couldn't open without turning off water or leaving plugged or I would've had water all over my head again. After all these incidences I truly believe the maid sabotaged this room (disgruntled employee??) and left me with a less than positive experience.

Very nice selection of foods however 2nd stay the pancake maker was malfunctioning but the attendant immediately got it working again. There is no microwave in dining area to warm things but I was able to use the one they have in the kitchen area

Room Tip: A very nice hotel,very friendly staff and great prices on Priceline (Express Deals); just check your...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hampton, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was in Grenada ,ms attending my aunts funeral and I stayed at the holiday inn for 2nights no complaints staff was great upon leaving I accidentally left my lg headset on the edge of the bed and my blue robe behind the bathroom door, so when I called to see had the cleaning staff turned in those items we was told no so I called the customer service to complaint because you cannot tell me the person who cleaned the room didn't see those items especially the headsets because they was laying on the bottom edge of the bed so if they cleaned the bed they took the headset,period I have never encounter this experience before , I used holiday inn for all my stay and for this to happen im very disappointed.i just asked to have my Lg headset replaced because someone took them.....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grenada, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Dear Vanessa L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to note your kind feedback on our hotel staff. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and for this matter your comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. I have sent you a private message regarding this particular experience.

I hope to hear from you very soon.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
vicksburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed here after an Ole Miss football game. The room gave me the creeps. The mirrored door was torn off the closet leaving glue or something. The bathroom caulking had black mold, the heat unit in the bathroom blew out a few chunks of something hard and black, the sheets were worn. It looks the outside has recently been painted and new carpets inside. The rooms need to be update, deep cleaning in the bathroom, closet door fixed, and new bedding. The breakfast area did not have enough tables and for the price, it wasn't good. I would not stay here again unless I have no choice. Desk clerk was very nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grenada? Share your experiences!