“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Norfolk, Virginia
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed at the Best Western on 13-14 June 2014 and I was very pleased with the service I received from the employees. Once I arrived, the hotel hallways and room was hot and humid; I assumed they probably lost power due to the bad storms they were previously having. After turning the AC back on and leaving the hotel for a couple of hours; when I returned the room was nice and cold. The room had a outside balcony, which was great; the pool was indoor that led to the outdoors which my daughter really enjoyed. Nice hotel layout which I didn't expect to see. But overall, the cleaning crew were great; the room each day was nice and clean and the beds were comfortable. The only thing I was missing was a microwave in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed here on june 6-8.i was in town for a wedding. We adked about pool hours they said pool needed cleaning that it would be done on saturday was not able to use pool it still was not available upon checking out this was one of the reason we choose this hotel because of pool and location. Things got worse. On the first nite my sister was awaken at 2am by bedbugs. We contacted the front desk there was no manager and she was not sure when he would arrive. They moved our rooms to the othet side of hotel. The next day we ask for towels to shower at 9.00am they never came i talked to house keeper in the hall to ask for towels again because we had to be at the wedding at 12 . She assured me that we would have them . We didnt get them until 11:15 and of course we were late for wedding rehersal plus bedbug marks on legs and arms for her son wedding. The only good thing was this nice lady emma who served the waffles for breakfast. I am so afraid that i mite bring the bedbugs home. The hotel only took off 25 percents of hotel bill. My sister was bitten by the bedbugs no towels when you need them and we all mite bring the crityers back to our own homes
They were not apoligetic worst stay ever.

• Stayed June 2014
Biloxi, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

A nice Best Western Hotel. I was satisfied with everything, and their breakfast is really great. Although my mattress was a little uncomfortable, it was overall a good stay. Again with the 200 characters? Comeon and fix this..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The coffee maker in the room was filthy from the previous guest. Room was clean staff was friendly especially Debra! Breakfast sausage were salty the hotel should consider turkey bacon and sausage along with eggs. A make your own waffle setup would be a nice touch for a 100.00 per night room. Breakfast hours should be extended by an hour because most travelers are not up between 6AM and 9AM. Kenny the manager can be abrasive until he warms up to you. Hotel needs to be updated, internet connection is very slow! We didn't get towels until late afternoon each day and they were left hanging on the door knob. The swimming pool was nice but the staff needs to check the chairs occasionally for bird droppings.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Clean and great location. I do not understand why the high rate for this small town. Great breakfast. Nice staff. When I stayed here it was very quiet. Convenient location to everything. The room I had was clean.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
az, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I have never stayed in a hotel that ran out of towel. I had to wait until 3:00 PM FOR TOWEL ONE MORNING. and to top it off the manager tell me about an incident that he had with another customer regarding towels. HE (Kenny, the Manager) also told me that customers were taking the towels. That is really none of my business. When I WENT TO HIM TO TELL HIM HOW he should not be telling me about other people business and customer service, he got very defensive and insisted on telling me again about the towel issues. Very poor customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Brooklyn Park, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The room size was really good I also like that they had a hot breakfast. Beds were actually comfortable and was a little bigger than the regular size queen beds compared to other hotels I have stayed. The biggest issue I had was the front desk staff they take forever to do anything and never answer the phone. When walking into our room it smelled like something had died in there I know its the south but come on now.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Greenwood? Share your experiences!