“Disappointing and Cold” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   137 North Walnut Street, Greenville, MS 38701 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Greenville
Vicksburg, MS
“Disappointing and Cold”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

The room did not have a refrigerator, not microwave. The room was extremely cold, and with the heater on, it took from the time I arrived in the room, until 2 am before the room got warm. I was given two blankets to keep warm though..

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
little rock
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

The whole experience from Reservations to check out was a disaster. Registration process was extremely difficult. Staff was nice, but not knowledgable. Would get inconsistant answers to questions. Billing rate was wrong when we checked out and had to wait hours for the manager before it could be corrected. We were checked into a room that had not been cleaned and then moved to another room. Housekeeping did not clean our room during our 3 nights there! Carpet was filthy! The rooms smelled musty and there was water damage in some parts. There was so much humidity from the water that the air conditioning could not really cool the rooms. When we checked out our entire suitcase smelled musty and even the clean clothes had to be rewashed. Will not EVER stay here again. I have stayed in other comfort inns that were fine, but this gave me a bad taste for the whole chain.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
st. pule
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

Will When my family first got there the rooms smelt like no one took a shwer there for years. Thin the floor was all wet. The tolet water was yellow. The TV was tiney. And the staff was not frindly. The swiming pool & wating pool were not clen

• Stayed July 2009
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

My family reunion chose this hotel for our stay in Greenville, and I think everyone had a complaint about their room. Our trouble began with the staff, who told us the hotel was pet-friendly, but NEVER mentioned they had a 20lb limit (I called and inquired twice before we arrived). So, imagine our surprise when we arrived, with our dog, and were told she was too big. They eventually agreed to accommodate us, but I guess they gave us the worst room in the inn. It didn't even have a room number, just a piece of paper taped to the wall outside the door.
Room had a damp smell, the toilet backed up (it took hours for a maintenance man to address it, but it was never fixed), there was years of dust caked on the bathroom exhaust vent, and the shower had hairs from a previous guest on the walls. There was no internet access in the room, and there was a set-up for coffee, but no coffee maker. A huge spider made its home in the corner and left a web full of dead flies and mosquitoes.

I will say that the bedding seemed clean, but I never felt totally comfortable sleeping there. Other members of our group had to deal with broken showers, TVs with no remote, visible dust on the furniture and most laughably- a toilet with a mismatched toilet seat (the toilet was oval, and the seat was round and 4 inches shorter than the bowl). There was no AC in the lobby, and the free breakfast featured a broken waffle iron. By far, this was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed June 2009
Rison
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

There was a leftover bottle of shampoo in room. My wife left her watch behind, we discovered down the road we had left it. The staff was rude when we called back. Breakfast their was dismal to say the least. The grounds were to kept up. The internet connection would not work in the room. Don't go if you do not like the looks of visibly stained tap water. Spectator's Bar & Grill down the road had good food. We had planned on spending two days. Left and went to Vicksburg the next morning.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Steuben ME
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2008

This was probably the worst hotel experience that I had in years. Fortunately, my business trip to Greenville was only two nights. I am usually not one to complain but my room on the first night didn't appear to be too well maintained. The furnishings were worn; the A/C unit was missing its faceplate; and the room had an slight odor. I decided the next morning to request another room not thinking that my next room would be worse! The wallpaper in the bath was peeling of the walls; the tiles were cracked. It only continues to get worse. My co-worker had the rear window of his rental car smashed and his tools stolen on the first night. The second day (the morning of our departure) I overheard at breakfast that there was another vehicle was broken into. If there was one redeeming quality of the hotel, it was the friendly staff. A truly disappointing stay... I really can't believe that Comfort Inn allows this hotel to remain part of its chain. Stay safe, sleep better. There are smarter options in Greenville.

• Liked — The front desk staff were friendly
  • Disliked — The maintenance guy must be MIA. Two parking lot thefts in two nights.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gulfport, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

We were with kids and family .We were camping ,fishing,boating.
we staying in comfort inn rooms were nice the water was dirty and brown in ,Greenville,Ms .Next day we saty in ramada limited of lake village, Arkansas that was lovely that was deal and water was nice . please drive 15 miles ahead greenville.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!