“Top rated” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Omaha, Nebraska
“Top rated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The entire time I was eating my meal, I was trying to decide if this was the best BBQ I had ever had. It was that good.

I was in the Greenville area on business and decided to grab a bite to eat. I originally tried to find another BBQ place but they must have gone out of business and Shotgun House was the next choice that the GPS offered. I drove over and while it is "out of the way", it looked very authentic from the outside.

There was plenty of parking and it was very open. I walked in and seated myself. The server came to me immediately and took my order.

The food was superb. I'm still trying to figure out if some BBQ I had in NC was better than this. Out of all the BBQ I've eaten in my life, this is absolutely Top 3.

The meat fell off the bones. I bet that I could have stared at the ribs and the meat would have just slid off the bones in fear. It was that tender. The portions were huge. Everything was good. I had the beans as a side and macaroni and cheese as my other side. But I keep coming back to those ribs. Absolutely wonderful!

I travel to MS only about every 3 or 4 years for business. After eating at Shotgun House, I would drive 100 miles out of my way just to have more of this excellent BBQ! Top notch! I highly recommend.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Brentwood, Tennessee
“We love the Shotgun House BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

My husband and I visit the Shotgun House BBQ of Greenville, MS based on a recommendation from a coworker. Following our visit, we can truly say that it is one of the best restaurants we have had the pleasure to dine in. The customer service was the "best". We was greeted with a warm "welcome to the Shotgun House" when we entered the restaurant and told "thank you and come again" as we left. We recommend the Shotgun House BBQ to all of our family and friends. We advise everyone to try the "Elvis Presly cake", it is the best cake we have ever eaten. The building was very clean and we look forward to returning. You get great food at an affordable price. And if you like visiting casinos - the Shotgun House is walking distance from two casinos.

• Visited February 2012