“Epitomy of Southern Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10% your next stay
Ranked #1 of 4 Greenville B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Epitomy of Southern Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

My mom & I travelled to Greenville, MS to visit with my grandfather who is currently at a nursing home in Lake Village, AR. My last stay in Greenville was at a casino resort in MS. I was not able to stay there due to some storm damage. Although that location is closer to AR, I would drive 50 miles more to stay here.
The hotel is off the main highway (82), but not too far. The area is clean and well lit. It is close to shopping and restaurants. The rooms are clean and conveniently have microwaves and refrigerators.
The pool is immaculate. The workout facility is state of the art and I cannot say enough about the staff. From the moment I walked in, everyone has a smile and a nice word. Did I mention there is a hot and/or cold breakfast that awaits you? And let me just say that the breakfast hostess is amazing. She is so helpful. I have been to other hotels with this type of breakfast & never have had an experience like this. I will stay here again & will recommend this location to familly and friends.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Montgomery, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

We had a one night stay at the Hampton and were very pleased with the hotel. Although you pay a little more than other hotels in the area, the amenities and cleanliness make it worth the expense. Rooms were clean, temperature control was good, flat screen tv was nice. Breakfast was excellent with hot items available. The only negative was when we asked for toothpaste at front desk and they were out. We definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights and although with my Diamond status and profile preferences(far away from elevator) I was given room closest to the elevator. Asked to be moved th enext day due to this AND that the room next to mine was given to a LARGE family that was local and having work done to their house due to a fire. (LARGE in this case is 2 adult women, 2 infants, and 2 little kids - all in same room).
The business center had a handwritten sign that said computer was broken.

The main reason I made reservations here was to be able to use printer in biz center and a quiet room. I was willing pay double what the other hotels in this area were charging.

Theh front desk would not move me - they said they could not figure out how to do this in their computer! I did ask nicely and early in the afternoon when there were almost no guests checked in.

I stay at many Hampton Inn's and other Hilton properties and come to expect a certain level of accomadations and even with my Diamond HHonors status - not at this one. Too bad for the Hilton family of properties this location is tainting their brand.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

We have been traveling to this location for a while now. We have enjoyed this hotel a great deal. The staff is wonderful. The Front desk agent Brian is very receptive and helpful. The breakfast server makes your mornings worth getting up early.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

The hotel is newer and appears to be clean but when we pulled back the sheets to the mattress pad we saw pinhole blood stains and insect shavings all over the mattress pad which is the sign for bed bugs. We were given another room and we checked the mattress pad and did not see anything but when my daughter pulled out the sofa bed there was old food, chips, fries, etc under the couch that had been there for a while. This means the rooms are not being vacuumed thoroughly. I did not get any sleep because I kept jumping up all night to see if there were any bed bugs on the bed. We kept our suitcases zipped and up high on the table because if you don't the bugs will get into your suitcase and you will carry them home and not know it. Yuck!

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
marywhite1213, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this review, January 10, 2011
As the new General Manager for the Hampton Inn Greenville, Mississippi, I have taken it upon myself to review all media sites pertaining to my hotel. I found your posting to be somewhat of a surprise but did research the history regarding your stay.

First let me apologize for any inconveniences or troubles you received while at Hampton Inn. I am never happy to hear about a dissatisfied guest for any reason. With that being said, in my investigations, I do see that after your stay our hotel called an exterminator to check our hotel including rooms for bed bugs or signs of bed bugs/other bugs. Their findings were 100% negative to evidence of bugs of any kind.

Again, I do apologize for the issue that you experienced while at Hampton Inn Greenville and ensure you that if you do return, you will find everything Above and Beyond your expectations!!

Best regards,
Mary White
GM
Olive Branch, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

Always safe with Hampton,always in nice parts of town.The front desk was being manned byChristopher,he was wonderful.Very helpful with directions,food recommendations and was very plesant.

• Stayed July 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

Room was nice and a grade above typpical high standards of a Hampton Inn. Night manager upon check in played a perfect part in 'punked' type joke on me that some of my colleagues roped her in to pariticpate. It made a funny respite from a long travel day.
One thing I did notice was the staff in the morning were loud and visibly complaining about working condtions and a run-in with a customer. Very unlike the majority of Hampton Inn staff - maybe there was a reason for her being upset, but not behind the front desk with a full breakfast crowd in sight and earshot.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Greenville? Share your experiences!