“Its decent for $65” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Forest
“Its decent for $65”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Let's starts with the cons dead bugs on the bathroom wall above the shower black mold in the corner top behind the door how's the bathroom unnecessary holes in the walls more dead bugs buy the bed and an extremely bad paint job on the front door The Little Elm dividing the room is extremely flimsy Ellingson probably just be taken down anyways .now with the pros the AC works great has a mini fridge and microwave also has an ironing board and iron plenty of light not only did have a bed but it has a love seat in the room with a little coffee table and a TV that works somewhat the shower head should be replaced that's part of the con's by the way the bed was comfortable and it was pretty much cleaned floor . The dead bug should be cleaned asap the black mold above the back of the bathroom door on the right side wall should be bleached she just cleaned all the walls or winter wallpaper down because it's coming down in spots anyways so there you have it the review of the Econo Lodge which is a riser with the motel 6 at this time with there crappy maintenance service that will instead of patching a hole in the wall they will cut out a small square of wall paper and glue it to it , I gave it 3 stars due to the staff at the front desk being nice this review was on room 225

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Good if you are tired and just need somewhere cheap to sleep. Bring your own pillow as the ones they offer should just be called sacks. Rooms need some updating, but with your eyes closed that doesn't matter. I was pretty disturbed by the burn spots I found on the comforter in my non smoking room, but other than that it seemed fairly clean. Tub had a rusted out spot and no drain stop (not that I'd ever even consider taking a bath... Or shower here). Honestly, we would not have stayed here if my husband hadn't of miss read the reviews. They aren't lying.

• Stayed May 2014
Bernice, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I mader reservations 2 months in advance, requested 1 single and 1 double room adjoining if possible, ground floor, non-smoking. One lady in our party has trouble climbing stairs. When we arrived we were told no rooms were available on ground floor, 1 room was at one end of the motel & the other room was at the other end. The single room was a disaster, trash bags on floor, bed not made and the sink was broken and falling out. Finally found another room for single. The double room key did not work so has to get another, opend room and could hardly breath as it was a smoking room and the smell was awful!! Complained and was told no other rooms were available! Breakfast the next AM, Juice machine did not work, waffle iron after the 3rd try finally cooked a barely edible waffle. We did not try to eat breakfast again but did try to get juice to take with us and each morning either the apple or orange juice part did not work. Hair dryer in room did not work. We would have stayed at another motel but there were all full as many men had come in for a month or 2 to search for oil. All in all It was a terrible experience and I would advise everyone to avoid staying here. ..

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Lothian, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel (possibly motel) while traveling from Texas. My first concern was the parking lot, as I was towing a trailer and had very limited parking. I decided I would give it a chance anyways. Upon requesting a room I was advised only a smoking room was available. I was so deadly tired I accepted the overpriced room anyways. When I opened the door it smelled like I had just walked into a bar. Everything reeked of cigarette smoke. The room was extremely hot and the air conditioner wasn’t completely the best in town. I would never recommend taking your actual clothes into a room, as the smell with surely infest your clothes. Don’t expect more than one pillow per person, point blank, I hope you like sharing towels or using washcloths as towels. When I was taking a shower I observed what appeared to be black mold growing around the shower head. The water pressure was very low. I fell getting out of the shower as the floor is very slippery when wet. The blow dryer that is built in the wall was not in a operable condition. I couldn’t take anymore and I checked out. I would highly advise you spend your money elsewhere. This hotel is a place to take a woman that provide services for monetary compensation.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Forest Park, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Impromptu stay. Got a great price for a suite. Front desk clerk was fantastic...nice and helpful. Room was clean...mattress comfortable..carpet freshly shampooed...would definitely stay here again. We were traveling with our 9 year old and was given cot for him to sleep on. It was very quiet and the air conditioning unit has many options which made the room comfortable for all of us. I have to give extra kudos to the front desk clerk. She really went out of her way to make certain that we were happy and comfortable!

Room Tip: Pool was not open...too chilly
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

My family of 5 pulled into this hotel at about 2 AM. We asked for a room and she quoted us a rate at $60 and we said fine. We went to our exterior entrance room on the 2nd floor... Room was hot..but didn't take long to cool off. Pulled back the sheets... CLEAN!!!! There was a Micro-Fridge.... There was a table in the room with chairs. Complimentary soaps. Bathroom was very clean.. No mildew... Edges of the bathtub...very clean... I didn't expect so much for only $60... Free waffles for breakfast...Yum....Checked out easy... I left one of my cards at the front desk and they called up to the room and they returned it.... Very nice people in a quaint little town off the interstate. Not much near by...but not bad for someone passing by.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Richmond, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

This hotel is as old as methuselah so I didn't expect much. The lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The rate was terrific because I had my dog and all I wanted was a shower and a bed. It wasn't the cleanest or the nicest but I would stay again. Breakfast was good, bed was comfortable, a/c worked.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!