“Average atmosphere and service, really good food.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 79 Restaurants in Flowood
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Fusion Japanese and Thai Cuisine is a recently opened Asian restaurant offering Japanese and Thai cuisine. We have eaten there twice, the first time right after the restaurant opened, and thought the Thai food was very good. We ate again there recently, and thought the food was very good, although the service was somewhat slow because of limited personnel and a fairly large number of patrons.
Magnolia
“Average atmosphere and service, really good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The service was a bit unattentive but we did not have to wait long for the food to come out. My husband needed a refill for a while and they completely forgot about the kids drinks for about 10 minutes. The food was great from appetizer to sushi to main course. I forgot the name of the appetizer but it had angel and cheese in the name I think, anyway it was the best part!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Madison, MS
“Great food and HUGE bang for the buck!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

Relatively new place with great food and great portions. All food is good so far and the prices are very reasonable. Great lunch stop!!! Here is the one negative.....the main lunch waiter is ANNOYING! He doesn't speak english real well and pushes the Thai food. He will actually tell you what you are going to order. Pull him out of the equation and it is a must do!!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ridgeland, Mississippi
“Overpriced hibachi. Poor service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I went with my daughter and a friend with her great-granddaughter. We were on our way to the zoo and were planning to go to Taco Bell, but the girls saw signs for hibachi and begged to go. Since the prices for lunch hibachi outside were reasonable, we made a u-turn and went to this restaurant.

My friend had already eaten, so she didn't order anything. I was only nominally hungry so I ordered the vege spring rolls. The girls (11 and 9 respectively) ordered chicken hibachi and steak hibachi. All of us ordered water. The waiter asked if the girls wanted fried rice with their hibachi meal (I thought it was standard to have fried rice with hibachi), which they did.

10 minutes after placing our order, I had to flag someone down to get our water. The place was not crowded, I believe there were 4 or 5 other tables that had already been served their food. Within 15 minutes, we get the spring rolls. They were delicious, so I won't complain about the taste and I would say the price, if I remember correctly, was fair at $3.95. I would hope it wasn't more than that because 3 small spring rolls deep fried and cut in half would not warrant a higher price.

The meals for the girls came out in a bento-style box with the rice, meat, salad, veggies and orange slice in different compartments. The salad was good and the rice was decent. The sauce on the meat was extremely salty and the beef was very tough and chewy. The veggies consisted of a lot of cabbage, a couple small pieces of broccoli and I believe some sliced carrots. The orange was originally thought to be a lemon by its yellow rind, but was indeed an orange. **They did get the miso soup at the beginning of their meal**

The shock came when we received the ticket (which again, I had to flag someone down for long after the meal was finished). For two lunch hibachis (made in the kitchen, not at our table and nowhere near the amount of food you'd receive at a "real" hibachi restaurant) and one order of spring rolls it came to over $28 before tip. Apparently, what the server didn't tell us was that in order to get fried rice, you have to pay $2.50 per order. The signs out front proclaiming lunch hibachi for a lower price apparently didn't apply during the time we were there - on a weekend.

It definitely was NOT worth the extra money and I would not recommend coming here exclusively for hibachi. For delicious hibachi (at better prices and fresh food) I recommend Hokkaido in Madison, MS.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pearl, Mississippi
“Love it ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We have only ever had the Thai food. I like the Pad Thai, Thom Ka Chicken, Mossoman Curry, Lama 5, and spring rolls.
We eat here probably twice a month. The service very hit or miss. Some of the waiters are on top of things and some can't get it together. I think their Thai is better than Thai House.

Visited February 2012
Flowood, MS
“Food excellent. ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012 via mobile

Loved the crab roll. (like a cross between an egg roll and sushi crab roll.) service is hit or miss but food has been excellent both times I've been.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere