“Delicious Food, Friendly, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Diamondhead
Cuisines: American
Mississippi
“Delicious Food, Friendly, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We happend upon this restaurant the first day they were truly open for business under new ownership by Mr Johnny Buckley and waitstaff managed by Lance Douglas. Our server was Amy and she was a beauty with her dazzling, friendly smile and southern grace and charm and true Southern hospitality.
We arrived around 3 p.m. so it was not so busy which meant we received a lot of attention! We even met Chefs Brandon Lonadier and Adam McCoin who came from the kitchen and introduced themselves.
Unfortunately we skipped the appetizers and went straight to the salads, my groom had the house salad and I had the Greek salad. Both delicious! I had a difficult time choosing between the gumbo and the corn and crab bisque but am I ever grateful I chose the bisque! It was the lightest, freshest most delicate and delicious I have ever eaten!!! WOW!
There was both land and sea fare but I opted for the fried red snapper. It was pan fried and topped with crabmeat and capers and I asked for the Hollandaise sauce on the side but I shouldn't have because I ate every drop of it. Delicious! My husband had the shaved black pepper steak sandwich and enjoyed it immensely.
The menu also had steamed royal red shrimp, snow and dungeoness crab. There were 6 different pasta dishes, 5 sandwiches, an assortment of side and a kid's menu.
For dessert there were the options of blueberry bread pudding or banana's foster and we both chose the banana's foster which was DIVINE!
Don't miss this restaurant, set off to the south of I-10 as you are traveling between New Orleans and Gulfport at exit 16! Quick on and off! It has a beautiful view of the marshlands and you can choose to dine on the balcony/deck overlooking the marsh. There is an elevator if needed and ample parking.

• Visited January 2013