“Will NEVER stay here again!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Diamondhead Inn & Suites

You added Diamondhead Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Diamondhead Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   103 Live Oak Drive, I-10 at Exit 16 ( behind Dairy Queen ), Diamondhead, MS 39525 (Formerly Ramada Inn Diamondhead)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Diamondhead
hattiesburg
“Will NEVER stay here again!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Upon check in we were very excited to have a room near the pool. The indoor pool looked great and we have three kids who were ecstatic. That was short lived. The pool was over crowded and the water was green. My children were being trampled. The noise level was ridiculous. The pool didn't close until eleven. The other people were so loud that you could not sleep. Then when we finally got to sleep people started banging on our door. They had the wrong room.

Our air conditioner leaked so our floor was soaked. All around it was a nightmare.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ocala, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had to stop due to a storm-Quality Inn-looked like it used to be something else and now was a Quality Inn. The lobby was totally redone in a very Best Exotic Marigold Hotel décor-blue skies with white puffy clouds on the ceiling-very pretty.
I do not know if it was just our room but the room was so filled with a mildew smell coming from a leak in the ceiling that it was all we could do to stay in the room. If they had not been full we would have moved to a different room. If it had not been storming we would have left. But we suffered through the night. We all had sinus headaches and allergy problems for the next few days and I am convinced it was from the mildew.
Linen on bed looked dirty enough that we slept in our clothes on top of the bed (after flipping the comforter over as it looked so grimey.
This place needs a thorough cleaning and old furniture needs to be replaced. Leaks need to be repaired-not just painted over-that is what it looked like in our room. I think that's why the ceiling was crumbling onto the AC unit.
Cont'l breakfast that was included-by the time we got down at 7:15 am-all gone and the front desk said-all done for the day-really? I know alot of truckers were staying but that is lame. Probably for the best though-Don't stay here-a few miles down the interstate in either direction there are more choices-Do not stay in Diamondhead!!!There was also a "Diamondhead Inn and Suites on the other side of the interstate but it looked closed down. Sorry to complain but just not worth any amount of money.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else-seriously
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Cape Coral, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This might of been nice I'm it's day trust me nothing nice about the place.rooms look so bad a homeless person would question staying there save your money.it's unbelieveable the mess it's in .the bar in the parking lot is expensive.stay somewhere else please

Diamondhead, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

the reviews are not lying to you. this was the only hotel I could fine. the pull was so full of people the water was NASTY the hot tub was not a hot tub the water was brown and it was not a hot tub its an child pool they turn down heat or its broken and they keep it down. needless to say it was gross. that's just part of my complaint we left the room at 9:00 am and came back at 7:30pm and the room was NOT cleaned. we called front desk and they if we left a tag on door we said no. the guy said they were still cleaning rooms. 20 min. later my husband called the front desk and we need towels now our children needs to bath. they finely brought them. this isn't a hotel it felt like a low income apartments and I'm not talking about other people who stayed here I'm talking about the place itself.when we checked in they saidour room would not be ready until 2:00pm so we to the beach abd came back at 3:45pm and then they said its not ready yet but we could put you a non smoking room my husband we have a non smoking room. the beds are so hard you can feel the springs in them. I just feel like I need to let you know what kind of an hotel this is. good luck on your stay here f you dare.

Room Tip: can't tell you its so bad
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

At once, the service was horrible. The front desk clerk was not professional or clean. The room we were given had an Ac unit that must have been 20 years old, and from the look of the walkway we took to get to our room, all the rooms have them, and all the facings of the units from the outside were either taken off and on the ground, or missing completely. The rooms themselves were old and outdated. The TVA are tube boxes. And the quality of the flooring is horrible, there was even a huge section of carpet missing from the entranceway to our bathroom. The light bulbs were out, the phone was not connected to call the operator and the tube made a miserable sound when turned on. I'm surprise this facility is still open and running!!! On our last day we finally saw some staff and they had in scrubs and one of the ladies had a black eye. Needless to say it was very shady. If we could have found another hotel closer to gulfport that wasn't book we would have left the instant we walked in! Please please take my advice! Stay away and don't waste your hard earned money!!! The only remotely neat thing about this place is the original design in which the pool is inside and surrounded by rooms. But other than the fact the design was interesting, that's about it. We didn't even swim in the pool. No need.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Sleep in your car on the interstate before even considering pulling into this dump. Old, run down, dirty. If you agree looking for a good place for your next meth lab then this will be perfect. Otherwise it's best to keep on to the next town.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Gautier
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I came for an overnight getaway and stayed in a king size suite. When we walked in the living room was hot and smelled like cat urine. We checked out our jetted tub (the main reason for our stay) and discovered one person barely fit (I'm 5'2") the blankets on our bed had holes on it and the air conditioner only had two options freeze or sweat not to mention the only vents in the whole suite were in the bathroom and the bedroom. If you wanted to hang out in the living room you just had to be hot. The pool was cloudy and the hot tub was so dirty i couldn't see my feet. I will never stay here again and I don't recommend it for anyone else.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Diamondhead Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!