“HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in D'Iberville
San Antonio, Texas
“HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

The Regency Inn is very conveniently located just off IH-10 and surrounded by shopping, restaurants, movie theater and just a few miles from the beach and casinos. The hotel staff and management is very efficient, friendly and helpful. They really go out of their way to make you feel at home when you’re away from home. The facility is extremely clean and well maintained. There’s a complementary breakfast provided in the mornings that includes eggs, sausage/biscuits, waffles, bagels, cereal, variety of juices, etc… They even make coffee in the evenings for us evening coffee drinkers. Need I say more? Stay there, you won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

In my 10 years of traveling, this was my first online review of a hotel. So here goes.....

I was traveling over the weekend, and most places were booked in Biloxi. I called around and
found that the Regency was smoke free, they had a breakfast, and 2 queen beds (for the fam).

What I didn't know is that they "wash" the hotel with cat feces and curdled milk. They should have spent the investment they put into flat panel TVs for a carpet cleaner and dumpster to throw away the Styrofoam sheets, and sub-par breakfast.

The staff would probably be happier working at the waffle house next door. At least there they would be required to offer some service.

I wish I could push the delete button from my memory of this one. The place is a dump.

Room Tip: The best tip I have is to sleep on the dumpster outside of Waffle House, and to not pay for a room h...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Stayed in the hotel for about a week on business, and each day was greeted with a horrible smell. The rooms were average in layout, but were poorly lit leaving you feeling like you were in a cave the whole time. Internet was available, but was far from high-speed (more like dialup) and I ended up using my Verizon stick the whole time.

The breakfast is of poor quality - nothing but bread / bagels from Walmart and a toaster. During my 6 day / 5 night stay the water was out for a day and we weren't offered any compensation. Furthermore, a colleague in a different room had his clothes thrown from the closet onto the bed so they could paint - wrinkling his clothes and making his whole room smell like paint...and funk.

When I checked out I asked the housekeeping staff why it smelled so bad, and they told me that this place used to be a Travelodge before Katrina, but was heavily damaged from the storm. It was purchased and patched up, but there is obviously flood damage and mold which is why the whole place smells aweful. The smell ended up making me sick and got into my clothes - I can only help it gets out.

Don't stay here - it's bad for your health!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a few weeks and I wasn't impressed, nor disgusted. The hotel has a bad smell to it, and you can't open the windows outside to air it out. In addition, the breakfast is really limited. They only offer donuts, plain old bagels, and juice. The lamps all still have their plastic covers on them, and there isn't a workout room. The rooms were okay, nothing great, but not dirty.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
ahmedabad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

very clean , very professional and very convinient... you can get everything in the exit ..
the best motel hotel i stayed in my entire life....

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

My Company called and requested a room for several nights, I really enjoyed the 5am breakfast most hotels start breakfast after I have to be at work. Along with the ladies behind the desk faxing my payroll everyweek. I really appreciated you ladies.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — every thing was fine
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2008

This was one of the best places that i have ever stayed in this area, the staff was very efficient and very helpful, they did more than they needed to make my stay better. The rooms were really clean, the bathroom was spotless. Overall it was a very wounderful experience. And i would recommend anyone who is traveling by or visiting Biloxi, to stay her. They sure do give you the real value for the money you pay.
Keep up the good work.

• Liked — The rooms, the level of comfort and the staff.
  • Disliked — none that i can think of.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Regency Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!