“Mold-infested, Horrible Hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in D'Iberville
Los Angeles, California
“Mold-infested, Horrible Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Stayed in the hotel for about a week on business, and each day was greeted with a horrible smell. The rooms were average in layout, but were poorly lit leaving you feeling like you were in a cave the whole time. Internet was available, but was far from high-speed (more like dialup) and I ended up using my Verizon stick the whole time.

The breakfast is of poor quality - nothing but bread / bagels from Walmart and a toaster. During my 6 day / 5 night stay the water was out for a day and we weren't offered any compensation. Furthermore, a colleague in a different room had his clothes thrown from the closet onto the bed so they could paint - wrinkling his clothes and making his whole room smell like paint...and funk.

When I checked out I asked the housekeeping staff why it smelled so bad, and they told me that this place used to be a Travelodge before Katrina, but was heavily damaged from the storm. It was purchased and patched up, but there is obviously flood damage and mold which is why the whole place smells aweful. The smell ended up making me sick and got into my clothes - I can only help it gets out.

Don't stay here - it's bad for your health!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a few weeks and I wasn't impressed, nor disgusted. The hotel has a bad smell to it, and you can't open the windows outside to air it out. In addition, the breakfast is really limited. They only offer donuts, plain old bagels, and juice. The lamps all still have their plastic covers on them, and there isn't a workout room. The rooms were okay, nothing great, but not dirty.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
ahmedabad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

very clean , very professional and very convinient... you can get everything in the exit ..
the best motel hotel i stayed in my entire life....

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

My Company called and requested a room for several nights, I really enjoyed the 5am breakfast most hotels start breakfast after I have to be at work. Along with the ladies behind the desk faxing my payroll everyweek. I really appreciated you ladies.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — every thing was fine
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2008

This was one of the best places that i have ever stayed in this area, the staff was very efficient and very helpful, they did more than they needed to make my stay better. The rooms were really clean, the bathroom was spotless. Overall it was a very wounderful experience. And i would recommend anyone who is traveling by or visiting Biloxi, to stay her. They sure do give you the real value for the money you pay.
Keep up the good work.

• Liked — The rooms, the level of comfort and the staff.
  • Disliked — none that i can think of.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

Well let me first start off by saying that the location is great if you are looking for a place close to I-10 and the Casinos. When we first arrived the rooms went for $89 on the internet and when we arrived the lady (who was very rude) tried to change our rate to $179 per night. I told her that it was outrageous and we wasn't paying that . So then we tried to cancel and then she told us that if we cancel we still would have to pay $99 dollars. which we ended up leaving and found out they charged us $99 anyway. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL IF YOU DON"T WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF> I MEAN IT IS BILOXI SO YOU DO THE MATH

Stayed May 2008
Pensacola, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2007

Was referred to the Regency by an IP front desk employee. The IP was overbooked and was told that the Regency was "very nice and only $59.00."

Cost is not really an issue for us, and all we really wanted was a clean, moderately comfortable room. Needless to say I was surprised to discover that I could not get a room there for less than $120.00. It was getting late and we were tired, so we decided to stay at that price, even though the lobby was cluttered, dirty and shabby. Obviously, a big mistake....my bad.

This room was filthy. There were stains and debris on the carpet. There were stains covering every piece of very used furniture in the room, including the bedspread, which we tossed off the bed immediately. The bathroom counters and toilet were stained and the shower had incredibly low water pressure. The "towels" were as big as loincloths (I really don't know how big a loincloth is, but am intimating that they were very small!). The only saving grace was that the sheets seemed to be clean, but even those were paper thin and tattered. The king bed was hard and lumpy.

The occupants of the room next door were loud and obtrusive, banging on doors until very late in the evening/early AM. Their "complete continental breakfast"consisted of two containers of cereal, some coffee and stale mini-muffins.

I asked to speak to the manager, but it turned out that the gentleman who greeted and processed us the evening before was not in. The owner is his father.

I'm writing this as a cautionary tale so that you will avoid the place....unless of course you can get the room less than 50 and don't mind the above mentioned niceties.

• Stayed April 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Regency Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!