“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in D'Iberville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Location: Right across from the movie theater. There is an IHOP next door. Convenient to 110 and 90

Check in: Painless, It took less than 5 minutes

The Room(s): Clean and well appointed.

Vending/ Ice: Right next to our room / Pepsi products $1.50 each

Elevators: When we arrived one was closed for maintenance. Once it was restarted, it was very noisy. It made terrible clanking noises. We stopped riding in that elevator because of the noises.

WIFI: Worked consistently and did not need a password.

Pool: Clean and indoor. My youngest enjoyed swimming during our visit.

Sleep Quality: Bed was soft and comfortable. I slept like a baby.

Customer service during visit: I left items in the room after checkout. Housekeeping tagged them and left them for me at the front desk. I was grateful that they took care of my left items.

Anything else: The lobby is magnificent. There are so many nice seating areas available. I would visit again when I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Colorado Springs, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is the first time we've ever stayed at a Courtyard. And it will be our last.

I called ahead with special requests including a quiet room & one without strong floral air fresher sprayed in the room due to our asthma & asked for enough towels for 4 people. I call ahead to every hotel we stay at. I could tell when I called this Marriott Courtyard that the employee wasn't even taking notes or listening to my requests.

I was highly disappointed when we arrived. The room they gave us was right next to the noisy vending & ice machines. Floral smell? Yep. Our room smelled more floral than 3 florist shops combined. Towels? Only enough for 3 people.

I was highly disappointed with their customer service here. I called ahead with very simple requests and was provided the exact opposite of what I requested.

The refrigerator was the very smallest I have ever seen...it looked only about a foot high. It was so tiny & not very cold at all. There were no microwaves in the room.

The hotel is perpendicular to Interstate 10 so none of the rooms face directly towards the interstate but each room gets equal amount of noise from the highway - which could be heard clearly in our room.

There is no complimentary breakfast here - which I knew ahead of time. Their onsite Bistro restaurant was more of a snack shop than a restaurant for a meal. Your money would be better spent at the busy IHOP next door.

The thermostat did not keep a constant temperature.

We have stayed at "economy" hotel chains with better customer service & amenities than were offered here.

On a positive note: The bed was very comfortable!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Michele C, General Manager at Courtyard Biloxi North / D'Iberville, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience at our Courtyard DIberville Biloxi North hotel. It is our goal that all our guest enjoy their stay and look forward to returning. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations as well as that of ours for you.
If you would like to discuss further please feel free to contact us at 228-392-1200 ext 603.
Clinton, Mississippi, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

After pricing the hotels on the beach, so many sold out and the ones available were over $300 and did not have very good reviews. I went out on a limb, we were at the beach all day so I selected this hotel just off of 110 and a very short drive from highway 90. The hotel staff was super friendly and helpful. We arrived early in the am, stopped by the hotel to get the location and check in early. They had a room available (9:30 am) and we were able to take our bags to the room. The room was very nice, clean, and very comfy. We saved a lot of money by selecting this hotel and it was well worth the drive. No beach view but we were able to drive to the hotel, get cleaned up for a night out. We never missed the view! We will go back anytime.

Room Tip: Water pressure left a little to be desired.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Batesville, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed here to attend a show at a casino in Biloxi. The hotel is very nice - being relatively new. The ONLY thing I would improve is the elevators. They are slow and pretty noisy for being in such a new facility.
When we checked in on 6/21/2014 about 11:30 AM and there was a young lady checking us in. I didn't catch her name (just drove 5 hours) but she represented Marriott very well. She was very informative and very pleasant. I'm sure she covered the information on thousand times before but she still had enthusiasm and a big smile. I wish I would have gotten her name.
We found all the employees encountered were pleasant and well trained.
We were even informed by the front desk that the 110 bridge was going to be closed that evening and provided an alternate route back to the hotel. (Unfortunately, the return route took us 1 hour and 40 minutes because of traffic and accidents - but not the fault of the hotel staff). The 110 bridge was closed from 7PM Saturday night until 9 AM Sunday morning. REALLY MDOT?? Closing the bridge SATURDAY NIGHT??
The hotel has a very nice exercise area and there are so many restaurants close by. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Biloxi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Traveling with young kids and picking a hotel (in a town you don't know) can be scary. We always pick a Marriott and usually a Courtyard while on road trips. This hotel did not disappoint! It is new and very clean. The room was great, the beds were comfortable and it was quiet. The showers had great water pressure. We stayed here twice while traveling to Florida. After our first stay, I told my husband what a relief it is to be able to book with Marriott and have a reasonable expectation of what you will be getting. Not only is it great for the price but worth the peace of mind!

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Excellent facilities and staff. Allie at the front desk was amazing. The location is close to the beach, casinos and restaurants. Comfortable, convience, friendly, and quiet. First class accomodations at a great value. The room was larger than most hotel rooms and clean.
Don't forget to ask the staff for restaurant suggestions.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very friendly and courteous staff. Accommodations were clean and service was great. The hotel is literally 10-15 min from the casinos and in a plaza with restaurants, bars and an Ihop next door. I will always stay at this location any time I'm in the Biloxi area!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard Biloxi North / D'Iberville? Share your experiences!