“Left after waiting to be seated for an hour, even with reservations” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 52 Restaurants in D'Iberville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Brandon
“Left after waiting to be seated for an hour, even with reservations”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Don't go here if you have a group larger than 2-4 people (on second thought, even then, don't bother with this sorry excuse for a restaurant). We had a group of 8 so I called and made reservations early afternoon for 6 pm last night. After waiting an hour we finally were told that we're next after a group that was at our table got up and left. Come to find out, they double booked on purpose, without telling me until we had been there an hour. It would have been nice if they would have just told me over the phone when I called to make reservations they already had a couple other big tables reserved around that time so if we wanted to eat, we'd need to make reservations around 8 pm instead of 6 pm. I would have been fine with that but they obviously don't care about honesty. We arrived 15 minutes before our reservation so it wasn't like we were late and they had to set another group at our table. In fact, almost 45 minutes into our wait, another group came in that also had reservations but were about 10-15 minutes late (as opposed to early like us) and even though one of the managers got really "smart" with them for being late and argued loudly with them in front of a lot of other customers, they only had to wait a few minutes and were seated. That was the last straw. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. Also, as we were leaving to go to another restaurant so we could finally eat, there was a smaller group of about 4 people leaving and a guy said that's the worst service he'd ever had at a restaurant and the food wasn't good either. It's also stuck in a shopping center instead of a stand alone restaurant so looks a bit tacky. Can't tell you what the inside of the restaurant looks like since again, even with reservations, after an hour of waiting and we still weren't seated, we left. From the sounds of other customers leaving, we didn't miss out on much. I will never try this place again and will never recommend it to anyone.

• Visited July 2011

Horn Lake, Mississippi
“Nice meal under $11”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Great restaurant, I was traveling alone and wanted a decent meal instead of fast food. I ordered a 6 oz. Flat Iron Steak, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans. The green beans wasn't what I expected. They were whole, long. green beans and they were grilled; I liked them. They were delicious yet different from what I'm used to. Will visit again.

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Biloxi, MS
“Just another chain”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

Why come here? No reason unless you like very predictable, unexciting food at higher than average prices.

Biloxi, Mississippi
“Great Prime Rib”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

This place is booming. We went early and still had to wait about 30 minutes to get seated. Very crowded. The prime rib was good and served in a timely manner. The restaurant is in a small shopping center so lots of free parking. We had a booth for two and it was fine and comfortable. The place is noisy so I just turn off my hearing aids.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Italy
“This is good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

This is good food and nice to have from time to time.I would not spend that sorta money for that sorta food.very miuch

• 4 of 5 stars Food