“Great Hampton” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
South Carolina
“Great Hampton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

Everything about this Hampton was great. My only complaint, and it's not much of one, is that I felt the breakfast was lacking two things. Eggs and Grits. Not much of a complaint but I'm a southerner and I like my egss and grits. Other than that, clean, nice people, comfortable, and after the nightmare of the Holiday Inn Chatanooga Choo Choo, this was a welcome site. It's pretty typical of Hampton Inns, clean, friendly and comfortable. Love the beds!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Franklin, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

I'm going with 3 but if there was a 2.5 I think I would use it. I was pretty grossed out when I checked out. But I'll get to that. I pretty much had a standard room. King sized bed was comfy. There are mini fridges in the rooms which was nice. But my stay was only four days so I never stocked up on anything. TVs are pretty old but there is a fairly large selection of channels. There was a full breakfast buffet like all Hamptons. Front desk staff was very helpful and courteous. Ruby Tuesday is conveniently located right across the street. Here’s my only real issue: on checkout day I lifted up the bed skirt to see if I kicked something under the bed during the week. I found a baby bottle. I’m not sure how long it had been there but when I raked it out with a coat hanger I saw that the milk had turned into a solid chunk of cheese.

Pretty disgusting but I would probably stay there again simply because I prefer Hilton points to Priority Club points from the next door Holiday Inn. The bottle may have just been a sporadic event. If I stay again I’ll update my post.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

I stayed at this particular Hampton Inn for the best part of eleven months last year. The rooms were spotlessly maintained, as was the hotel in general. The staff were always more than helpful. I was treated as family the whole time I was there. I noticed that this was the attidude of the staff towards most of the guests.I was a bit surprised about "Cruiser 100" comment about internet access problems. There were the odd occasions when I would lose the connection but, this was rare.
When I'm next in Corinth, there is no doubt that I will stay at The Hampton again.

• Liked — Ceanliness
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
batesville indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2008

This was probably the nicest experience I have ever had at this class of hotel. Wonderful staff, very large room with extra touch. Large TV, fridge & microwave. Evening manager reception with hot snacks. Excellent facility layout for the morning hot breakfast. Just a lot a nice little extras for this hotel.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

I stayed here one night on business. When I stayed here, I was able to get onto the internet but a couple of times it disconnected. Other than that, I had no complaints about the room. The room was clean and the bed linens were updated. The staff seemed friendly. The lobby area was small and we were in a conference room next to the lobby for our business meeting. The noise from the lobby made it difficult to hear during the meeting.

The hotel was right across the street from a Ruby Tuesdays so you don't have to go far for dinner. I have only been in Corinth, MS 2 times but if I ever go back, I will definitely stay here. It seemed to be the nicest hotel in the area.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

A nice Hampton Inn, but from what I found out, they rarely, if ever, have any internet service available for guests, and that makes for an unacceptable situation for business travelers. Moreover, the desk clerk was less than helpful in explaning the internet service problems, other than to say it happens all the time. Rooms were nice, very clean and in excellent condition, with interior corridors. Breakfast was excellent. I recommend the Ruby Tuesday across the street.

• Liked — Clean, interior corridors, great breakfast.
  • Disliked — No internet service, less than helpful employees.
  • Stayed June 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2006

This was a very nice Hampton Inn that we stayed in October 2006 for one night.

The front office staff were very friendly and recommended on wonderful local steak house - ask them about it. It is just down the road.

Rooms updated, clean, very nice. A good price too.

• Stayed September 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hampton Inn Corinth? Share your experiences!