“Satisfied” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 88 Restaurants in Columbus
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

It was a nice experience overall; given a choice, I would rate it 4.5 stars.... above very good, but just below excellent. I really liked the atmosphere; it was quiet and the background music was pleasant. The walls were a little bare, though; they could do with a few more nice artworks.

The food was very good, but it should be for the price. I don't think it is quite as good as Harvey's in Columbus (and not as good a value either), but Broussard's has some more creative offerings. The service was outstanding. I will most likely go back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

columbus, MS
“mmmm....french onion soup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

there are so many things to love about this place, everytime I eat here I find a new thing to love. Be sure to try the shrimp creole, the creole glazed pork chop, and the french onion soup.

Visited December 2012
Germantown, Tennessee
“Tasty meal in a charming restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Met friends here prior to a football game. Did not know about the restaurant beforehand and was pleasantly surprised. While the choices were typical for a New Orleans style restaurant, the dishes were very tasty and well proportioned. I had the shrimp and grits. While I'm not a grits fan these were cooked perfectly.My wife had the Shrimp Borgonion (sp?) which she enjoyed very much. If I had to ding them on anything it was the waitress. While she worked hard and was attentive, she didn't seem to have too much experience waiting tables and lacked alot of confidence about the menu. Nevertheless, I look forward to coming back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best place in area for special dinners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We live in Starkville, but J. Broussards is our favorite restaurant for special occasions. You will be greeted by Mary--the owner of the restaurant (with her daughter). We always order the shrimp toast as an appetizer. Their wine selection is small but good and the service is always great. My favorite entree is the veal medallions. This is almost the only place in our area that serves veal and it is always good. The steaks are also very good. I like to finish my meal with their creme brûlée--not too sweet and not too much.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Starkville, Mississippi
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This place is amazing!! Wonderful food, nothing more to say! The food was brought out in a very timely manner and our host was very friendly.

Visited March 2012