“Sam and Vickie Bobo's wedding rehearsal dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
*10% Military Discount *
Ranked #1 of 7 Columbus B&B and Inns
Meridian, MS
“Sam and Vickie Bobo's wedding rehearsal dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

What a perfect place for our rehearsal dinner! Shadowlawn is beautiful and rivals any 5 star restaurant. What a fantastic place for all wedding festivities. The food was excellent! Everyone enjoyed the entire experience and I could have wished for nothing more. Thanks, Burnette! You are great at weddings and everything included in them!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

I took my 12 year old daughter on a surprise weekend get-a-way to Shadowlawn. The expression on her face when she saw the gorgeous home we were staying in, with the big white columns and inviting porches, was priceless! It was our first stay at a B&B and it was a great experience for us both.....a weekend we'll never forget! We were awed by the beautiful antiques, dishes, and flower arrangements everywhere! Our room was perfect in every way, big and comfortable. We put puzzles together on the shiny hardwood floors and my daughter took a bubble bath in the jacuzzi tub in our bathroom. Everything was so lovely, and Burnette and NoNo made us feel like royalty! We enjoyed their company as much as the food at breakfast every morning. I was so pleased. I have shown my beautiful pictures of the B&B to everyone! It is definitely a place I want to return to with my family and friends in the future!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

We spent 2 nights at Shadowlawn and wished it were more. Burnette and NoNo were incredibly helpful, from the time we made our reservation until we drove out of the driveway on our last morning. The home is beautiful and you could spend days just admiring the amazing antiques. Our room was very comfortable, and the breakfasts were incredible-I will be longing for the Bananas Foster French Toast for some time to come! There is nothing we would change about this charming place.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

I felt a little uneasy about staying in a bed & breakfast establishment for work; however, I always consider the safety aspect of where I stay. This appeared to have a very safe way about it, so I proceeded. When I arrived at Shadowlawn, it was very apparent that I was meant to stay there because of reasons other than safety.

Burnette is a wonderful Christian woman and made me feel very comfortable; like I was in my own home.

We participated in a very uplifting conversation about our faith and shared bits and pieces of our past that contributed to who we are now.

Should I ever venture through Columbus Mississippi again, I will not consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

Let me preface this review with the fact that I travel all the time for work, mostly around the state of Mississippi. I am pretty picky about hotels. Plus, I worked at a fabulous B&B in high school, giving tours and helping out around the B&B. Given those facts, my standards are high.

I stayed at Shadowlawn while working in West Point. Burnette and her husband No No (yes, that is his name - hence the title of my review) greeted me late Monday night when I finally got to town. They were both very friendly and compassionate. The home is beautiful - it is a true "home." My room was wonderful - very spacious and my bathroom was a good size, too. Both were clean, which is a big thing for me!! The beds have down comforters on them. Parking was not an issue. I felt very safe in the area. Breakfast was good.

They have a cocker spaniel, which he is very, VERY well behaved! I told them that I was going to send my dog up to them so they could train her!

The day I was supposed to check out, I woke up early and did not feel well, so I slept in and was late to work. The day after I checked out, Burnette called to make sure I was feeling better.

I would recommend this property to anyone that wants a clean and comfortable place to stay. I plan to stay there again.

• Liked — It was clean and spacious
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Columbus, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

Burnette, along with her husband, are the ultimate hostess and host. I have been to their lovely antebellum home on several ocassions as a guest and have never felt more welcomed by anyone. They are very gracious and friendly people and offer their home for others to enjoy. The warmth and friendliness they share with other people is beyond compare. Shadowlawn is a beautiful home both inside and out. The architecture and location of the home adds to its beauty in the friendly city of Columbus. Burnette is also very talented in creating flower arrangements and directing weddings. Her calmness and kindness makes for a pleasant experience for all involved in the wedding party. If you ever get the chance to stay at a bed and breakfast and want to experience southern charm at its best, I would suggest Shadowlawn in Columbus, MS. Also, if you ever need gorgeous eye-catching flower arrangements or need someone to direct your wedding, I can not think of anyone who could please you more.
Cathy W. Bailey
Columbus, MS

• Liked — The home and gracious owners.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008
calfifornia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

We spent a week in Columbus and had a unique invitation from a friend to tour and visit the Shadowlawn Bed and Breakfast. We had absolutely no idea how fabulous if can be to view and hear the stories about the antiques that adorn the gorgeous and comfortable Shadowlawn. Our host and hostesses are extremely knowledgeable, humorous, and charming...I mean complete southern charm!

A beautifully landscaped property with beautiful furniture and the most scrumptous southern breakfast!

S. Adams, California

• Liked — The southern charm.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Shadowlawn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!