“Bridesmaids Luncheon - January 11, 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Painted Lady of Columbus Bed and Breakfast
504 5th Street South, Columbus, MS 39701   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Columbus B&B and Inns
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Bridesmaids Luncheon - January 11, 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Myself and two other hosts chose The Painted Lady of Columbus for our good friend's bridesmaids luncheon in January. The event was catered by the Bed and Breakfast which included a tour of the house and the rooms. The food was spectacular and the atmosphere was exactly what we were looking for at the luncheon. All of the attendees commented on how beautiful the table, china and arrangements were at the event. We were all astonished on how beautiful the rooms and amenities were at Painted Lady. Jennifer Miller and her mother, Sandra Upchurch, gave a beautiful account of the history of the house and the amount of work they undertook to complete the renovation. I would highly recommend this charming bed and breakfast. The hospitality is wonderful and the food exceptional!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ackerman, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Because my husband is a Civil War historian, we have been to a number of antebellum bed & breakfasts in a number of states. For our wedding anniversary this year I told him we'd gone far, but never close to our home and I wanted to see Columbus. I found The Painted Lady on line and am so glad I did! We had been there a very short time when we both decided that we like antebellum, but we now have to add Victorian to one of our favorite styles/decor. Jennifer made us feel like family from the minute we arrived. It took me a while to walk through some of the rooms and "ooh" and "aah" over all of the furnishings, not to mention playing with the player piano. My husband was thrilled with the wide screen TV (well disguised) and I was equally thrilled that there was a separate TV in the bedroom that I could watch. We may have been married for 12 years, but that doesn't mean we like to watch all of the same programs, especially when football is on! Jennifer was very sensitive to the fact that my husband has diabetes and she prepared food for us accordingly, as well as giving us a perfect recommendation for our evening meal. As others have noted, her daughter is just as sweet and helpful as Jennifer and a joy to talk to. And the royalty? Why Queen Victoria and Princess Grace, two of the cutest little white dogs you've ever seen, stylishly dressed in matching white sweaters. We are already telling our friends about this B & B and hope to return there soon. An additional bonus for me is that our Extension Office knitting/crochet group might make plans to visit there for a tea party and knit in that wonderful parlor, just as women did over 100 years ago! It can't get much better than that!

Room Tip: I would suggest going on line and you can view each room and the amenities available.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is a very charming getaway with beautiful furnishings that takes you back into a time where elegance reigned! Jennifer was a great host and great listener. The french milled soaps were a very nice surprise/treat! Her daughter was even so nice to help bring some articles that we left in the room out to us when it was raining. We were very impressed with that! We can't wait to go back in time again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Ruston, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My twin sister and I stayed at "The Painted Lady of Columbus, Ms." while celebrating our birthdays. Oh, what fun we had!! The "home" belonging to Jennifer and her sweet adorable daughter, Katie Rose is breath taking!!!! The atmosphere, the tranquility, the beauty of every piece of furnishing and most of all the service you will get is rated "Number One"!!!. Jennifer makes everyone feel "right at home" and her cooking is to die for!! Thank You, Jennifer ~ Love you honey!! Merlene Madden - Ruston, Louisiana

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful!! We stayed in the "Dollie Room", next time we want to try...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Starkville, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a very nice place to stay with an excellent hostess. It has neat surroundings and is very unique. Food is good as well. I would definitely give this 5 stars. The house is an old vicotrian setting, with a large family room. The hostess will really make you feel at home. The neat thing about this for me was it's location. I needed a get away and it was within the mileage i needed. It is very reasonably priced for such a good stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is just the most authentic Victorian b&b in the state! The owner is charming and makes your visit memorable. Top notch in every way. I highly recommend this for any event or visit. If you live in Columbus and have out-of-town guests, this would be a perfect way to show-off the city. If you want to have a party there, it’s great for that too. I have used it for a party and for friends to stay there and everyone loved it! Check it out, you won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Starkville, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have stayed numerous times at the Painted Lady and I will have to say that this place is "top notch". The gracious host and owner of the home, Jennifer takes great pride in her home and it definitely shows. From the French milled soaps and high quality linens and bedding to the gourmet breakfasts, this B & B is sure to please even the most experienced traveller. I definitely recommend this home!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Painted Lady of Columbus Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!