“Great overnight stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Columbus
Corinth, Mississippi
“Great overnight stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed in room 312 while in the area for my wife's MSU graduation (Starkville is about 25 minutes away on a good 4-lane highway). The room was great. We had a single bed that took up a lot of space in the room, but since it was just the two of us, it didn't matter. Our room was a handicapped accessible room. The bathroom was large and the shower was very spacious.

Pro's:
Large shower
Very comfortable bed
Thermostat in the room
Nice breakfast (waffles, cold cereal, grits/oatmeal, eggs, sausage links, toast, juice, etc.)
Easy check-in & check-out

Cons:
Shower door didn't close completely, leading to puddles on the floor
Room was right next to elevator so we heard the dinging of the elevator bells a lot

Overall, I'd say this was a great stay at a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Oxford, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I was hesitant about paying more for this hotel with so many cheaper ones around. However, I went with Fairfield anyway, and I am so glad we did! The front desk was so courteous, the room was excellant and the FREE breakfast was delicious! The hotel sits on the side on a four lane highway, but it was very quiet. Worth every penny!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bennington, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

This was out first stay at a Fairfield Inn and we were impressed. Lady wasn't present at check-in and had to wait several minutes for her to return, but other than that everything was fine.

Room Tip: King was large enough and quite adequate
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
East Saint Louis, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I would like to take this time and give my thanks and great reviews in regards to the service renderd from Ashley and how she really made my day and also my mother whom is 77 years old her great appreciation for such a great room and also for making me feel right at home. I love Ashley and her service she is a true marriot ambassador .

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night on 3/6/12. The hotel is a year old, opened in March 2011 per the front desk. I was impressed that it has a contemporary feel to it with clean and modern décor in the lobby area as well as the room. Very clean in all areas. Free wireless. I like the fact that there are power outlets next to the bed and desk area to charge all your devices without having to crawl around on your hands and knees. Very well planned layout. The staff was very friendly and at check out I told them I would be posting a TA review. They gave me a card that was printed up asking to review the property on TA, I was going to do so without their prompting but it shows they are aware that people are reviewing and that they are proud of the property. Definitely will stay here again next time in Columbus.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

My family stayed at this Hotel for 3 days. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly, and the breakfast they offered was delicious. The Hotel is close to tons of restaurants and plenty of shopping. I would stay at this Hotel again if I ever went back to Columbus.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

My family spent 2 nights at this hotel, we were so impressed with how clean the hotel was. The person at the front desk was exceptional and so attentive to our needs. We had an issue with our television but we were given an upgraded suite that had 2 tvs in it. The breakfast was good also. If im ever in this city again this is where I will stay. Jordan who was at the front desk has wonderful customer service skills and very friendly and he really toook care of my family needs.If you stay here you will be very pleased.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus? Share your experiences!