“Repeatedly Amazing” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harvey's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Romance, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Great food, great service, and a great atmosphere are the three things we offer to ensure you have a GREAT dining experience. Harvey's is a contemporary restaurant with an atmosphere set by old brick, decorative woodwork, and great music. We serve everything from specialty salads and sandwiches to our signature 48 hour marinated ribeyes and famous prime rib.
“Repeatedly Amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

This Harvey's has never faild to be great. Great srervice as well as food. What eating out should be.

• Visited October 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Columbus MS
“Consistently good food/nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

This is a local chain and I've eaten here many times. They have daily specials and I usually get steak, but fish is good as are the salads. They have a great bar. It's one of only two 'upscale' restaurants in Columbus...there's another Harvey's in Starkville. It's a nice
'dark' romantic atmosphere and service is usually good.

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Very Good !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

DH and I had dinner at Harvey's tonight with about 20 folks from our weekend Family Reunion...

It was a Wonderful experience ! The Highlight of the evening was the SERVICE ! The service was HIghly attentive... I agree with previous... loved being asked if I would like a refill when I still had a bit more than half a glass of tea... Very nice ! Service slowed a bit while waiting for our checks but we were a huge table...so I definitely understand that !

DH ordered the grilled tuna. He asked for it to be rare...but as with previous review...it was not prepared rare. He liked it....that was about it.

I ordered the Prime Rib (small)...substituted the sauteed mushrooms for the salad...and had garlic mashed potates "with everything". The Prime Rib was good.....(Bearing in mind... I had returned to a 20 year favorite for the first time for Prime Rib 2 days earlier...See future review Conestoga/Hattiesburg, MS). Harvey's... Not the BEST Prime Rib I've ever had BUT the Garlic Mashed Potatoes were AWESOME! (DH AGREED) and the Sauteed Mushrooms were Fabulous ! (DH AGREED !)

The VALUE was superb...got the check and said "WHAT?" I thought it should have been more expensive... was about $37 plus I tipped $8... so Wonderful for the meal we had.

DH's tuna came with salad and veggies. Both meals came with a roll.

If I ever go back to Columbus MS for a visit...I will be sure to try Harvey's again !

Mary

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Biloxi, MS
“2nd best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

This is a good to very good restaurant. Nothing exceptional but dependable. At least its not a chain or fast food. Locals seem to enjoy it more than we did.

mississippi
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

My husband & I went to Harvey's on Jan. 9th, 2010 for our birthday supper. It was GREAT! We were greeted at the door by the kind hostess. (after a small waiting time, about 20 minutes) Then promptly seated by a kind gentelman. Then our waiter came and took out order, we had apptizers first, they came shortly. We had just enough time to eat them before our dinner was served. And that was wonderful also. I would recommed this resturant to everybody! Wonderful experience!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere