“Good place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

HHonors Double Points!
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Clinton
“Good place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton inn in Clinton ms the rooms were nice and clean they are not like other Hampton inn they need to be updated the wifi was kind of slow. The housekeeper was very helpful the front desk woman was a little flow and was not well mannered but over all the stay was good

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I travel quite a bit and stay in many Hampton Inns. I was disappointed in my stay at this Hampton.

I stayed in a double room and the room did not smell clean. It had a very musty type odor. The bathroom was out dated and just didn't feel clean.

The beds were fine but the pillows were uncomfortable.

Internet service was very poor to non-existant. I was at the end of the hall, so not sure if that was the reason.

Breakfast was standard Hampton fare and was fine.

As a Hampton fan, I was disappointed in this Hampton and hope they work to improve it as I have a child that will be going to Mississippi College and will need accomodations in Clinton.

union, ms
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Motel is average and Wifi is very, very slow. No good internet hookups at this hotel. Rooms are clean and seems to be a safe area to stay in. I have stayed there a lot because it is close to work and have had no safety issues. All is OK except for the internet situiation.

Room Tip: All rooms are about the same. Haven't seen any better than others. None have Wifi or DSL links...
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Nice desk in room but without accessible, working power outlet what good is a desk? You could use the outlet behind the bed if you pulled out the mattress but the outlet was loose so if you pushed the mattress back in whatever you had plugged in came out. Bathroom tile needed repair and entire bathroom needed cleaning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton2010, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson Clinton, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I understand that you found our hotel to be somewhat dated. I do appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room appearance is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I'd actually give them 2 1/2, but there isn't any way, so they tilt more to poor than average, so they get 2. There are several Hampton (Hilton) properties in the Jackson area, and other than the Hampton(?) by the Coliseum, this is the least of the bunch. The Hilton Jackson is often not much more than this one, and the various other Hilton-owned properties are all better. From the purely "Fact" standpoint:
The beds are not the newer Hampton beds/duvets in most properties and as others have said, while the property isn't dirty, it isn't overly clean either.
The breakfast is pretty weak for a Hampton - food quality and selection not very good. The "evening reception" is a joke - cheese cubes and packets of broken saltines - I'd say don't even bother.
The staff is nice, but the management seems to be MIA.
This one has the slowest internet I've seen in national chain hotels (and even most smaller, one-off properties, too) - we're talking impossible to use slow, even for moderate business use.

From a more anecdotal standpoint, they seem to screw up reservations on a pretty regular basis, but obviously, I haven't seen every single reservation, so ??? All I can say is that screwed ours up, there was another guest there whose was screwed up and when speaking to a colleague, they said it was pretty much par for the course for them.

If you're just there for an overnight while on the road, and the rate or something else tips things in this Hampton's favor, you'll survive, but if for more than a night OR you aren't getting a steal of deal, I'd say pass.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel are nicer <G>!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hampton2010, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson Clinton, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel. We very much appreciate your business.

Please accept my apologies for the concerns that you have raised in your review. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I assure you that it’s contrary to what our customers typically see from us. However, I can very much empathize with your situation and assure you that we will take your comments into consideration to improve our property.

I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that we value your business and will work hard to earn your trust once again.
Clinton, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The title pretty much says it all - the internet is about dial-up speeds (seriously - it was so slow we gave up and this wasn't videos, etc. - it was standard business emails, a small wp doc and a pdf - too slow to use). Also, they screwed up our reservations made about 2 hours before check-in. To top it off, the beds aren't the newer, nicer Hampton beds. The only positive was that it was a decent rate, but I'd STRONGLY recommend either the Hilton or one of the other Hampton Inns in Jackson.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way regarding our internet connection at our hotel. I do empathize with your situation and assure you that we are always looking for ways to improve our guests’ satisfaction. We are currently looking at different options to increase the speed of our Wi-Fi connection. We strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms; however, I apologize if we came short of delivering what you expected from us. With this in mind, I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The rooms were comfortable, the breakfast included and good with fruit, yogurt and eggs. Clean I would stay there again. We were on a bike trip and there wasn't any problem taking our bikes to the room. The staff was really helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Jackson Clinton? Share your experiences!