“"Great Hotel"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clinton
Port Arthur, Texas
“"Great Hotel"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was my first time stay at a Holiday Inn and Suites. I was very pleased and satisfied. The rooms are very nice and clean, the staff is nice and friendly. I was very comfortable and relaxed at this hotel, I'm usual always disinfecting and wiping down things over and over again in hotels. Everything looked well kept and clean so I was very satisfied. Well worth my money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Calhoun City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was my first visit to this property in Clinton, and I must say I was treated with royalty! The customer service specialists were very nice and professional. They made sure all of my needs were met. The room was super nice, with great cable channels and a nice large space to relax when I wasn't working. The breakfast and the evening social were great extras to add to my stay. Ms. Patricia in the food service department made sure that we were taken care of and my overall stay was a success. I absolutely have no complaints!! I felt and was treated with PRIORITY!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Beverly Hills, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

average hotel hard to check in. the man doing check in did not know what he was doing. tried to use my priority club card, he did not know how to use it. had to give him all the information over again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland ME
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I've stayed at many Holiday Inn properties over the years and have been generally satsified with what the chain offers. I know exactly what to expect. They're mid tier, located everywhere and good value for the money. The Holiday Inn Express in Clinton, MS, was an exception. I had two issues with this hotel. Had the second issue not occured, I would have overlooked the first and would not be writing this review. However, taken together, I've concluded the hotel's housekeeping and management staff seemed indifferent to their guests and incapable of responding to the simplest requests.

First Issue: I spent three nights at this hotel. When I checked in, I found out that only one lamp, of the three lamps in my room, had a light bulb that worked. Housekeeping staff was off duty so the front desk scrounged around and found a light bulb tucked away in drawer. This was burnt out as well. No problem. I said I would ask housekeeping to take care of it the next day. I unscrewed the burnt out bulbs and left them by the lamps along with a written note for housekeeping to replace the bulbs. When I returned to my room the following day, I found the bed made, the room cleaned and the burnt out bulbs exactly where I left them along with the note. Still one light bulb. Hmmmm. I read my book in semi-darkness with a portable book light. On the third day, I returned to my room to again find exactly the same thing -- burnt out light bulbs and note untouched. Three nights in a hotel room with one light bulb! I wasn't sure what to think. Are light bulbs being rationed? Maybe the hotel can't afford to buy light bulbs? How man staff does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Second Issue: I'm almost certain I left a left a portable DVD player in the room when I checked out because it was not in my luggage when I unpacked. I called the front desk and asked that they check with housekeeping to see if one had been truned in by their staff. She assured me that she would check and call back. No call. Two weeks and no call! I called again and ask to speak with the manager. The manager was unavailable so I left a message. Several days later I got a call from the manager. I explained what the problem was and that I had received no response from my first request. He seemed harried but apologized, and assured me that he would check and call back. Now, again two week later, I'm still waiting for that call. Meantime, I went out a bought another portable DVD.

The light bulb episode is not just weird, it's unacceptable. It means housekeeping is not doing its job. When front desk staff say they're going to call back but don't or worse, when a manager promises to call back but doesn't, then management is not doing its job. The only conclusion I can draw is that both either view their guests with contempt or they just aren't interested in doing their jobs well. I cannot recommend this hotel because of the indifference and sloppiness on the part of hotel's housekeeping and management staff.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear dwp94609,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton, MS. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stay at HI Express since the chain deliveries a consistent product. This unit was about mid-range for HI Express meaning it has been a while since it was updated. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the air conditioner maintained a very close temp control. One spot of mold in the shower caulking, but the bathroom was clean. The breakfast was the normal HI fare. It was hot and items were replenished in a timely manner.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We come to Clinton from time to time to visit our child at MC. We stay here most of the time because it is very similar to the Hampton Inn next door but is less expensive. We usually have a good check in experience and this time it was the best. The young man working the front desk was friendly, fast and efficient. Housekeeping does a good job and provides all the supplies in a timely manner. We had some road noise but learned or window had been left open a bit and that problem was quickly fixed. We did however hear people in the hall and the adjoining room more than other hotels. It was not really a problem since we heard nothing during sleeping hours. The hotel was filled but the breakfast bar was constantly being restocked and the hostess kept up with the demand. Every time I plan a trip to Clinton I check the Hampton price and the price here and always end up booking here. Clean uncluttered parking lot, nice rooms, feel safe, good breakfast and very convenient to the MC campus.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Collierville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express claims to be a new hotel, but perhaps it is new to HI. It appeared to me to be a redecorated hotel, not new. That being said, we had a very good experience. Check in was quick, the room was clean and pleasant. The bed was comfortable for a hotel bed. The breakfast was really good with scrambled eggs, biscuits with sausage gravy, cinnamon rolls (not just pastries), pancakes, plus the usual hotel fare of cereal, pastries, and coffee. No fresh fruit though. The staff in the breakfast area was friendly and helpful. There are a number of restaurants close by for dinner (see my review at Salsa's in Clinton). I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton? Share your experiences!