Greetings fellow TripAdvisors,
1st the good:
- Room was large with a small (undercounter) refrigerator and sink and counter area. No microwave but I was able to use the microwave in the breakfast kitchen.
- $67 rate was the lowest I have spent in years for a room anywhere
- Staff was polite/courteous
Now the not so good:
- Breakfast was gravy and biscuits, waffles, sweet rolls and various other carbs/starches. No yogurt, minimal fruit selection and no protein - not even bacon strips. Coffee and juice was available out of the typical machine configuration. Dry cereal/milk was available.
- No exercise room and the pool was closed (not a surprise) for the season
- "Business center" was not functional
Note: on the above two items the front desk staff stated Comfort Inn guests could use the Holiday Inn Express facilities. I find this unacceptable as I expect those facilities to be functional WHERE I am staying and paying.
- Card readers broke 2 of the 4 days I was there and Comfort Inn did not have a functional "burner". This meant having to be let in to rooms by staff (I was NEVER challenged for identification) and waiting for the new cards to arrive. The Comfort Inn manager/staff person would then go to a nearby hotel to have more cards burned. My final set of cards had "Hampton Inn" on them. The 2nd time this happened there was literally a "pile" of cards on the front desk - presumably either left by patrons or to be rummaged-through by those needing a new room key - I am not sure which. Also a back door was left wide-open one morning which obviously makes card readers meaningless.
- The wireless Internet had mis-named resources when you browse for a network to attach. It appears the hotel was bought or renamed from another company.
- Dead bird outside the side entrance was not addressed during my stay with cigarette butts in the stair wells. In short, not very clean.
BUT, I realize I was in a small town and received a cheap rate so I am reluctant to seem so negative. I will say the security at this hotel is so lax that next trip I am going to try the Holiday Inn Express across the street. There is a super Wal-Mart almost across the street which provided a steady stream of breakfast and dinner items for my refrigerator. The Tin Roof restaurant is behind the property but I did not have the time/inclination to give a try.
- Also Known As:
- Cleveland Comfort Inn
- Hampton Inn Cleveland
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Comfort Inn Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.