“Standard Holiday Inn Express” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cleveland
Mississippi
“Standard Holiday Inn Express”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights and it is a pretty standard hotel. The big plus is the breakfast. The service and quality of hot food was excellent. The staff kept it stocked with all of the food offerings so it didn't matter if you showed up at 7:30am or 8:00am there was always food available. The cookie in the afternoon as also a nice touch.
I would have given this review an Excellent had it not been for the extremely hot rooms. The fitness center was super hot and I was the only person there. After 10 minutes on the machine I felt like I was going to pass out from heat exhaustion. The only cool room was the lobby area.
Overall it was a good stay but I can't imagine how hot the rooms get when its summer time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Cleveland, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear TXnatives

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the not so good. Whilst I am pleased with the good and the really good comments, I truly value the not so good comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we already do. We will address these points and I hope that when you return you will see the improvements that have been made.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Little Rock, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012 via mobile

The staff at this location was very friendly and helpful. The best of all was the lady who oversees the breakfast area. I have stayed at a lot of holiday inn locations and this was the best breakfast I have had at any of them. She really was proud of her job and did everything she could to make sure I had everything I needed. I highly recommend this location to everyone.

• Stayed February 2012
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Good place to stay in Cleveland. My family stayed there for a swim meet at Delta State. No problems and good service.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stayed at Holiday Inn Express while my son visited Delta State University for a weekend. We were about 1500 miles from home and staying here made my stay so enjoyable. The staff people were friendly and customer service oriented. The hotel is very clean, modern and well decorated. The rooms were clean, modern and beds comfortable. The heat and ac unit worked great! The free breakfast food was warm and great variety. The hotel was full and very busy. Great indication that people want to stay here. The level of service and accommodations equal what I would expect from a hotel located in a large city. Great job Holiday Inn Express. Keep up the good work with paying attention to details! Thanks.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

A road trip through the Mississippi Delta landed us in Cleveland, Ms late one evening this month. The service we received from the front desk was refreshing, she was charming and helpful - giving us recommendations for places we could get a hot evening meal. Our room was clean and well maintained, bed was comfy. Breakfast was ok, but again, the service we received from the front desk upon check out made our stay most enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Jackson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel on several occasions when doing business in the area and have not had any problems. The check-in was fast easy and the employees were very friendly. I was given a bowl full of goodies being a priority club member but unable to upgrade to a better room though not an issue. The room was nice and bathroom was in pretty good shape. Breakfast was ok. Overall not any complaints everytime I stay here and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011 via mobile

We booked a non smoking room when we got to the hotel late but had a cc to hold our room. The gentalman said we only have smoking left!! We had traveling all day so we had no choice to keep it... Once we get in the room there is an open soap wrapper and used towel!! And the room smelled beyond bad! Well I go to Walmart to get some air fresher to try to help with the smell! It just covered it up for a short time!
We had no choice to stay everything was sold out!
To make things worse I wake up at three am with a horrible headache because of the smoke smell.
All the Holiday Inn I have stAyed this one is not there standards !!!

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Cleveland? Share your experiences!