“good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ibis Budget Melbourne Fawkner
Agoda.com Booking.com
and 1 more site!
Ibis Budget Melbourne Fawkner
1401 Hume Hwy. | Sydney Road, Fawkner, Moreland, Victoria 3060, Australia (Formerly Formule 1)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Fawkner
Birchip, Australia
“good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Thank you we were enjoying our stay .
busy traffic outside and roadwork but this is not your fault
thanks again we will use that hotel in the future
Rooms are much better after renovations

All the best

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

when i had booked a month earlier, I specifically told them that I would arrive at 1 am, and they booked me in, and told me that I could use the after hours check in, when I had arrived there with my wife and 2 kids, at 1 am in the morning and it was 3 degrees outside, I couldn't get in, I asked the overnight manager and he checked my booking and says to me that I won't be able to check in until 12 midday, because Thursday at 1am in the morning is not actually Thursday morning but Wednesday night, and Thursday morning will start at 12pm. Make sure your bookings are made by the actual people from the hotel, not someone over the net.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Arrived at exactly 10 PM after being stuck in a traffic jam for 30 mins. The traffic jam was caused by road works directly adjacent to the hotel. I spoke to the reception at the hotel twice that afternoon, you would think they would advise of the road works, wouldn't you? but no apparently that is too intelligent for dumb hotel reception staff. Anyway, although reception is meant to shut at 10 PM, it was already closed when I got there. Then the automatic check-in machine gave me a room with the wrong number of beds. I had booked and paid for a queen and bunk, but only got a queen. There was no number to call for after hours service, so I was stuck with a single bed for me and my two kids. Needless to say I hardly slept because I had the two kids laying on me all night. Then got up at 5 AM and caught a plane. Plus the room stank. What a bad hotel and bad night, I know it is cheap but honestly next time I will pay extra for a real hotel. Because this place felt like a half way house.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Nambour, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

our trip to melbourne was a quick one and your room was just what we wanted.central to where we were going,we only needed a place to sleepand to have an odd meal.we had a good night sleep each of the 3 nights we were there and plenty of places to pick up the odd meal.price was right for what we had.thanking you patricia dingey.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

auckland, newzealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Budget Ibis for $99.00
As the price says its budget! something very basic.
double bed plus bunk bed
no ventilation, it had a tv
basic toilet and shower, no kitchen.
It was a small budget room needed only for one night.
The best thing was they had big lockers for suitcase for $5 each very secured!!
Good place for budget accomodation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Nth East Vic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I'm a student which visits Melbourne often and budget Ibis is far superior to the university student accommodation I'm used to in Maribyrnong, which incidentally is a dodgy slum. Ibis is superior and is the same price as the student accommodation and I get an ensuit, comfortable bed a good TV AND I don't have to provide my own linen! It is very quiet and the turnover of people is fast because it is used mostly by people waiting for flights. It guess everything depends on your perspective.

Room Tip: A room on the South side is good because there seems to always be a collection of males (and or) par...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great location, good basic room for price. Good water pressure. Secure. Would have been nice for someone to come and make the bed and clear the bin each morning. Television worked although only basic channels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Been to Ibis Budget Melbourne Fawkner? Share your experiences!