“Nice comfortable nights stay while traveling for business” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Canton
utica, mi
“Nice comfortable nights stay while traveling for business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Great experience from check in through breakfast in the morning. Bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. Conveniently located to my business appointments. Staff was very pleasant and was able to take care of everything I needed.

• Stayed June 2014
willie h, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Canton, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Canton, MS as your choice hotel and greatly appreciate your review. On behalf of all staff members, Thank You and have an awesome day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Beebe, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and daughter both fell in the shower due to how slippery it was, husband hitting his knee and face on the bathtub. When we went to talk to the manager, he was very condescending and did not offer any sympathy or apologies. After filling out the incident report, was told to notify them if anything else happened. My husband hit his knee and face. We noticed his tooth was kinda loose after we left and then the filling fell out this morning (four days later), I called the hotel and the manager said there probably wasn't much they would do since that wasn't listed on the incident report. He was once again very condescending. I asked for the name of the owner or someone else who was higher up than him and was told he would not disclose that information. I explained how I was very disappointed with his customer service and how no one had followed up with us or anything. He responded telling me that I should have told him that to his face. I have contacted corporate to inform them of this, I really hope that they make it right but I am not holding my breath.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
willie h, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Canton, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Mrs. Price I apologize for your husband's slip / fall during your stay with us and too apologize for in anyway I did not provide you with the customer service you needed at anytime because that wasn't my intention. Not just at our location but with IHG Brand as a whole, we strive to have each guest know he / she is our #1 Priority and that he / she has a voice when it comes to suggestions/comments/concerns and in any way I did not exemplify that I sincerely apologize because if we don't find out these type things from our guest, how can we become better?

I absolutely agree with you; I should have followed up with you much sooner and that was my intention as I stated the day of the incident, but it just didn't happened accordingly do to other things warranting my attention at the time. In any way we can assist you and/or Mr. Price I would definitely like to know. You can reach me at the hotel 601-859-8355 and hopefully we can resolve this in the manner to everyone's liking.

Travelers are raving about these Canton hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here the front desk person by the name of Victoria was very helpful and nice my room was lovely and the breakfast was great I would recommend anyone who is coming in the canton area to give this hotel a try!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and would like for you to come again when in our area.
Waynesboro, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was very hesitant to stay at this hotel based on the reviews, but we had nothing but a very good experience at this hotel. Our room was ready and clean when we arrived. We stayed two nights. Breakfast was awesome. Hotel staff was very polite, nice, and helpful. Housekeeping was nice and did a good job cleaning our room. The hotel seemed to be completely booked the whole weekend. The hotel is older and you can tell has been used, but everything was clean and updated. The mattresses were comfortable. The rooms were quiet. Plenty of hot water. We booked ten rooms for our baseball tournament, and all were pleased with their stay. Very convenient to the interstate and multi complex/sports complex center. Western Sizzlin is within walking distance. We did not use the pool, but the pool area looked nice. The grounds were kept up. I did use the elliptical in the workout room, and it was adequate. Once again, we were pleased with our stay and if we play again we would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Tito T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Canton, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hello,
Greetings from the Holiday Inn Express. I would like to thank you for your feedback, and would also thank you for your business. It is our goal to make sure that all of our guest experience the same stay as you. We look forward for your return.

Tito Tyes General Manager
North Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I checked in late one evening after working and loaded all of my luggage onto a cart so I could take it all at once. Apparently I picked the worst cart they had as it was a struggle to push. I checked in and went upstairs to go in my room. Much to my surprise it was already occupied! Thankfully they had the clip over the door. I apologized and struggled to push my cart back downstairs to the elevator and down I went. I was given another room and went back upstairs. Trying to find this room was a challenge. When you exit the elevator and try to find the arrow pointing which way you should go for the room- it isn't mentioned. Left off the list. Not included in the range of numbers. I think it was 207 or 219. Can't remember. Anyways I left my cart and wandered around until I found it. I went in and the room was adequate, but no fridge or microwave and I had brought perishables. Normally I always select to book a room with these features, but may have accidentally selected the wrong one.

Breakfast was decent. Great if you love carbs, a pain if you try to stay away from them. The cinnamon rolls were a big hit it looked like.

I chose this hotel based on proximity to the new walmart and reduced traffic that you wouldn't find in Jackson. Something just didn't impress me about this hotel and I will probably stay elsewhere when I return to the area. The staff was very friendly though. Kudos to the employees except for the check-in mistake.

Room Tip: Double check you room details before reserving.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Tito T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Canton, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Hello,
Greetings from the Holiday Inn Express in Canton Ms. I would like to take this time to thank you for your feedback of concerns about you stay. Also would like to apologize that your state was not totally satifying. Although I am very much concerned amout the issues that you experienced during your stay. I personally would like to talk to you about this matter. We would and wish that you would be willing to stay at the property again.

Rayville, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were also with the group that stayed for the basketball tournament on February 14, 2014. We had 2 rooms. One of our rooms the ac did not work. There were dirty boots and shoes under the bed. Cigarette butts in the coach (in a non smoking room). Left for game on Saturday. Came back in at 11 pm to find that our room had not been cleaned. No towels and beds still unmade. Our second room the A/C worked TOO well. Could not get it to turn off. Felt like we were sleeping in a meat cooler! The only nice thing I have to say is the front desk staff was friendly. Had a run in with the owner and he was extremely rude. As a IHG member, this hotel did not meet standards AT ALL!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Canton, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Jacquelyn B,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Canton, MS.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We booked rooms here for our high school basketball team and family members while playing a tournament in town February 14th. Front desk was very pleasant . Elevator floors were filthy. Room was spacious and beds were comfortable. Was warm evening and ac did not work well. Dust ruffle on bed was very dirty with either ketchup or blood splatter (room 220),sheets had stains, bathroom floor was sticky and water was only Luke warm. All staff that we encountered were very pleasant. Seems that management is pinching pennies and not doing a very good job of overseeing property.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear travelinghon,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff. We would like to apologize for the issues you had with the room accommodations you received and the floor of our elevator fell below your expectations. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Canton? Share your experiences!