“Good for families” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Canton
Meraux, Louisiana, United States
“Good for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

A bit dated, but still pretty decent. My room was pretty clean and the staff was great. I am hard to please, and this was was a good option for us during hurricane evacuation. Hotel was pretty quiet and saved us money with the daily breakfast. I only wish they would allow my dogs in. Good option for us on this trip. Bedding was really clean and they was the comforters each guest. Fridge and microwave in room.

Room Tip: Second floor a good option.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I like Hampton Inns. They are generally clean, comfortable and safe, with a friendly staff. This Hampton Inn was none of those. My room smelled of mold and had mold on the bathroom wall. My clothes had the same odor when I unpacked the next day. The furnishings are dated and the carpet dirty. A sign in the parking lot reads, "Guests assume all risks." There was no one on the front desk when I arrived and left. My hosts told me that if they'd know where I had reserved, they would have told me to cancel. It is a truly dismal hotel in an otherwise reliable chain.

• Stayed August 2012
Biloxi, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is one of the older Hampton Inns. The location is good. The staff was extrememly nice, and the hotel had all the amenitites you'd expect at a Hampton. It is clean and comfortable, but not one of the newer, more modern versions. My only complaint would be that the bathroom tub, shower head and shower curtain were showing their age.

Room Tip: We reserved a king bed study with sofabed, expecting a larger room. But the room seemed to be stand...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed here for our son's wedding. I had made contact with the manager, Gail Clanton, earlier in the year, as we would be needing a block of rooms. She could not have been nicer, and she and her staff worked with us to assure everything went smoothly. The hotel was fabulous, clean, had a great hot breakfast and we were all treated like family. Every person we met on staff went out of their way to make our stay the best it could be. I like this hotel so much that I would almost plan a vacation just to stay there. We have stayed in many hotels, some very nice hotels, and I can say this was the best. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houma, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Found hotel staff to be very personable...front desk staff wonderful! They made us feel like they were REALLY glad to have us. Room was very clean and homey. Really a nice stay..felt like we were visiting friends at the desk. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was over front entrance and very quiet, surprisingly.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was a traditional Hampton Inn. The staff was freindly and helpful. A nice and unique feature in the room was a ceiling fan. It made the stay a bit more homey and easier for sleep.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Searcy, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Room was clean and cool. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Delicious hot breakfast.

Room Tip: No problems with our room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Canton, MS? Share your experiences!