“Smoky Non-Smoking” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Canton
Dallas, Texas
“Smoky Non-Smoking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had a hard time finding hotel availabilities on a recent Friday night and were pleased to find this location had one room left. We were given a room on the third (top) floor and told it was non-smoking. The moment the elevator door opened, we were overwhelmed with the stench of smoke. It continued into our room. I tried calling the desk clerk on the phone, but it did not work. I went down and asked again about the status of the room and was assured it was non-smoking (there were no signs on the rooms to designate non-smoking). He tried calling our room and got an answer, but we never could call him (this is a safety issue).
However, the room was very nicely furnished and included a wall mounted flat screen TV, refrigerator and microwave. It was very clean other than the smell. My husband purchased some air freshener.
The breakfast area, though, was not well maintained. I wiped off a table for us. My husband went and found the desk clerk, who was reading a magazine, and told her that the food assortment was running low (well before ending time). She then came over and replenished the food.
The rate was expensive for the area. I cannot recommend this hotel. Please see my other reviews; I am generally very complimentary.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
lqinnandsuitescanton, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

• The front desk staff person received additional training in the proper way to be dressed and conducting himself during working hours.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which he is to treat you, our valued guests.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

• Management were notified of the problem you experienced and your being charged for the room. The situation is being looked into.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stopped at the La Quinta in the middle of the night and too tired to continue driving. I was expecting an average stay, but this hotel really shined. Appearing to be nearly brand new, everything was immaculate. The room was nicely appointed, nice bathroom, plenty of towels provided. We were dead tired and the super comfortable bed and nice sheets were very appreciated. The only negative I have during our short stay was the noise factor. Thin walls, and I could hear the room above us stomping around at 5am. Everything else was great!

• Stayed May 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stopped on our way to Florida. We were walk-in customers and not sure what to expect but were pleasantly surprised. I found it a little rude that the front desk staff were constantly on their cell phones, but they did acknowledge me quickly when I approached. Breakfast was so-so (avoid the eggs) but better than expected for a free breakfast. The room and bathroom were very clean, beds very comfortable, and overall happy with our stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
lqinnandsuitescanton, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton for your recent stay in our area. I am so pleased that you were happy with your stay.

• Front desk staff received our commendation for the courteous manner in which they treated you, our valued guests.

• Breakfast staff received our commendation for their presentation.

• Housekeeping received our commendation for the level of cleanliness they meet as our employees.

• Housekeeping received my personal commendation for their presentation.

I hope that the next time you are in our area, you will once again choose to stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Easy to acces from I-55, this La Quinta has a spotlessly clean lobby and a very friendly check-in clerk. It all went pretty well till I entered the room. WOW! It was VERY nice! High ceilings, excellent furnishings, everything spotlessly clean, Comfortable beds. Free Wi-fi and breakfast. Microwave & fridge are included, outlet plugs are where you need them. I thought the rates were reasonably low. If you are staying in Canton, Mississippi, you will love this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

From the time we entered the facility It was obvious that it is not well maintained, and trying to cut costs at the expense of customers. Our first clue was the landscaping, and the next was entry into a lobby designed for climate control, but the doors were wide open, and never closed during our stay.

We stay at La Quinta Inns because we travel with our small dog, and the quality of their facilities are almost always great. I would suspect this is not a corporate owned facility, and from our experience they will either shape up, or lose their franchise.

We make an annual visit to the coast, and have usually stayed at the well maintained much older La Quinta Inn in Jackson, MS. This facility is only something like 3 to 4 years old, but it is not very well maintained. The decorative pillows on the bed had stains, and for a fairly new hotel it was obvious they are going the wrong direction to get returned customers. We will pass this place up in the future, and again stay at the La Quinta in Jackson. The Jackson facility must be more than 30 years old, but it is well maintained, clean, and renovated.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
lqinnandsuitescanton, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

• Outside maintenance received additional training in proper landscaping.

• Management received additional instruction in properly maintaining climate control in the lobby.

• Management was talked to about what they could do to better attract and serve our valued guests.

Climax Springs, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Were do I start. We pulled up to a fairly new nice looking hotel to see very tall weeds though out the lawn and lots of dead bushes. Not to appealing to begin with. The front doors were open and no air conditioner on in the lobby and I believe the lights were not all on either. Our ADA room was clean. The bed was a little lumpy which surprised me for such a new hotel. The pillows were also really CHEAP. I'm glad we travel with ours. The towels were not the usual La Quinta towels. They were also cheap and did not match. The shampoo in the bathroom left for use to used was half used! Not a good nights sleep the thermostat to regulate the heat in the room was not working properly.
When we came down for breakfast at 8:30am I notice that when we came into the breakfast room the lights were turned on as we entered the room. The only other person in the room was an employee eating before going to work. The gravy in the crock pot was very empty and no attempt to refill or check on it the entire time were in there eating. There was no yogurt either.
The owners or managers did say hello but not friendly at all. The whole experience was just WEIRD! Will take this La Quinta off our list of places to stay when traveling to the coast.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
lqinnandsuitescanton, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

• Grounds maintenance received additional training in properly maintaining their presentation.

• The owners and managers received additional training in making our valued guests feel welcome and wanted.

• Housekeeping received additional training in properly supplying the room before having it released for new occupants.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in putting on a proper presentation.

Hotel Manager.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton? Share your experiences!