“Episode of Cops at Lincoln Inn” 1 of 5 stars

Lincoln Inn & Suites
1210 Brookway Blvd, Brookhaven, MS 39601   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Brookhaven
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Episode of Cops at Lincoln Inn”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

I was visiting family for the new year. We left Virginia on New Years Eve and got to Brookhaven at 3ish in the morning. After checking in the room we were given was on the back side of the motel. Young people were hanging out in the parking lot. It was New Years and we thought they were celebrating with the drinking and partying going on in the parking lot and outside motel rooms. That night of January first the same thing, young people hanging out in the parking lot and around the motel rooms. We got to sleep around midnight. ALL of a sudden at 330 in the morning there was fighting outside our motel room.
A group of 5 men beating on this one guy. We called the front desk to wake up the clerk. Ten minutes later no COPS. The men were still beating this guy up right outside our motel room. All against our window, door , cursing, fighting and the motel front looked like it was caving in on us. We called the front desk AGAIN ! The COPS came after 15 minutes of us laying on the floor fearing for our lives. Thank GOD they did not have GUNS. I would not be able to write this review..... The guy at the front desk would not refund our money, take a compliant or apologize for the people who made us run for our lives at 5am... ! ! !

• Liked — Easy Highway access
  • Disliked — The young people hanging out in the motel parking lot and around the rooms.NO SECURITY..
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Twin Cities
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

This hotel is VERY outdated and VERY poorly maintained. The door handle was missing on both doors going into the office. In fact, the door handle was missing both on the outside of the door and the inside of the door. You had to open the door with the lock knob on the door. This should have been a clue for the person who reserved the room for us. When we arrived to register at the hotel the front desk clerk was counting coins in the till so we didn't interrupt her. She acknowledged our presence but when she finished counting the dimes she started counting the quarters and then proceeded on to the bills. You get the idea!! The pool was something that you wouldn't dare let your children swim in. It was obvious that it hadn't been properly cared for. The room itself was fair size but the carpet in the room had spots that were sticky from who knows what. The bathroom was the smallest that I have ever seen and was in VERY poor repair.

• Stayed June 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2008

Was pleasantly surprised at the improvement made since my last stay a year ago. The motel is under new management and has started to make renovations. There is new paint and the room I stayed in was newly renovated. It was nice. Nothing overly fancy but clean and what I expected for a motel. I would recommend it highly for someone on a budget but still wants a clean room and friendly folks.

• Liked — Easy access, friendly staff
  • Disliked — pool out of order because of renovations
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

My husband and I were treating a few of our close friends to a weekend get-away. We were going to have to spend the night in Brookhaven for 1 night. I researched Brookhaven hotels and came across Lincoln Inn and Suites. Due to our budget we had to find something that was affordable, comfortable, and nice for a one-night stay to get rest for the rest of our weekend. The pictures were nice on the internet, so I thought it would be an okay place to stay for a night. Well I was wrong. As we came into Brookhaven the hotel was on the left of us coming off the highway. We thought from the looks of it that it was okay. As we got closer, the worse it was looking. There was a building that was more like a hazard zone. The pool was empty and had grass all over the sidewalks. The pavement was completely busted and had pot holes everywhere. There was 1 person staying in this hotel and I was told to book now because they fill up fast. The curtains were torn, stained, and half way hanging on the windows. The air conditioners were not in working order. Although we noticed this from the outside looking in, we never made it into our room. We quickly decided that this was not a good place for us to stay. This was completely false advertisement! We told the manager that we would not be staying here and he very kindly canceled our reservation. The pictures on the internet for this hotel are very wrong. Although it may have looked like this once before, it does NOT anymore. This is no place to stay. If every hotel in Brookhaven was booked I'd drive to the next town and get a room before I stayed there. Be careful as to what the internet might show, it's not always what it seems. This hotel was very very disturbing to me and I was very disappointed that they forced me to book a room right then. They must have been desperate for the money, because they sure do not fill up fast. This is no place for a family nor is it a place for your worste enemy to stay! I do feel sorry for the lady that was staying there with her 2 twin babies and her young daughter! I took a few pictures of this hotel that I should be able to post up soon and show you the "REAL LINCOLN INN AND SUITES."

• Liked — That they cancelled our reservation with no charge only a few hours before check-in
  • Disliked — There is not one good thing to say about this accommodation
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Lincoln Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!