“Great value and clean.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   280 Old Highway 80, Brandon, MS 39042 (Formerly Tristar Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Brandon
Martinez, Georgia
“Great value and clean.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Very pleased. Low cost drew us to this hotel and not disappointed at all. Room was clean. Bathroom clean. Comfortable bed. Not much of a breakfast, but good value non the less. We travel Georgia to Texas twice a year, and we will stop here again.

Stayed December 2013

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

For $49 a night you can't beat this place. The rooms are clean and beds sleep great. Wifi is always a plus. The staff is friendly and will help in anyway possible. The breakfast is ok but needs a little improving. Location is great is well. It is easily accessible off of I-20. I have stayed here on more than one occasion and plan on staying again when I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2013
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel is under new management and the staff is very friendly. The rooms and hallways had just been painted and the paint smell was a little overwhelming. The room was very clean, although I did kill a small roach when we first got into the room. There are still several maintenance issues such as running toilets, broken door handles etc.. but for the money the hotel was clean, comfortable and extremely secure. A great layover location for travelers. The breakfast was very lacking so prepare to eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: Got this room on booking.com for 45.00 last minute. Very satisfied with the value for the money and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Waynesboro, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with the friendly staff and the warm welcome that we got when checking in. All my questions and concerns were answered and adressed, I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. The room was very clean and spacious. The hotel is located in a central spot so you will not have far to go if wanna get out and see stuff. They are also pet friendly which is a bonus for the traverls that would not like to leave their furry family memeber at home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brandon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Red Roof Inn in Brandon Mississippi is truly an excellent place to stay. The staff are very friendly and will go out of there way to accommodate your needs. The rooms are very nice and cozy. The property is very well maintained and is also under new management in whom is renovating the whole facility. I love the new the new designs, carpet, and very clean rooms.
I will not stay at any other hotel besides this one in this area. So if you are looking for a nice, friendly, and clean place to stay, RED ROOF INN BRANDON, MISSISSIPPI IS THE PLACE TO BE!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kennesaw, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

For a place to spend the night on a long trip, it was somewhat acceptable; however, I would never stay here intentionally. It's supposedly under renovation but I saw no active work being done.

Our room was dark, musty and sloped down so when you walked along the foot of the bed, it felt like you were walking on the side of a hill. The parking lot was like driving through a construction site - needs to be paved and very creepy at night. Actually, my husband made me go into the room while he carried four loads of our stuff to the room because we didn't trust leaving it in the car! They had one luggage cart that is falling apart and was not available for our use. No staff offered to help as there was no staff to be found!

Fortunately, I had my essential oils with me so I sprayed down the bed and sheets before we slept in them. Ew. I couldn't wait to leave in the morning.

For breakfast, they had packets of oatmeal but no hot water!! You had to go track someone down and ask for hot water which was in a room behind the breakfast area behind closed doors! Go figure!

One room had a treadmill propped up against the door. Very odd! There were no baseboards along the hallways. It just seemed like someone bought a "mow down" hotel and tried to patch it up but ran out of money.

To sum up my visit in one word ... YUCK! I was taken aback by all the positive reviews (after staying here) until I noticed that a majority of them (not all of them) where one time reviewers which makes me suspicious. How can you have 1-star reviews and 5-star reviews during the same timeframe. Something's not right. I have to laugh at reviews that say staff is all very friendly. WHAT STAFF?!! I had to hunt someone down just to get HOT WATER for my oatmeal!!!!

I only took one photo on my way out because I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Never again. I still shudder when I think about this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business and very pleased. Staff is all very friendly and there is a safe, clean atmosphere. The remodel is almost finished and everything is coming along very nicely. There are new large flat screen TVs, new carpet, new lobby, and they have also improved their breakfast by adding eggs and sausage. Overall I would rate this place as excellent.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon? Share your experiences!