“The Double Charge for Rooms” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   280 Old Highway 80, Brandon, MS 39042 (Formerly Tristar Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Brandon
Tracy, California, United States
“The Double Charge for Rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Made my reservation on the internet and when I got to the Hotel they had my name but said that the room was not paid for. They charge my credit card for the room and when I got to my room I looked at my bank account and found out that the room indeed had already been paid for. When I tried to get a refund of the additional charge they gave me the run around. Finally they agreed to refund me the additional charge. What at NIGHMARE!!!! Do not book a room at this hotel!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Purvi A, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Brandon Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations;please expect my sincerest apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

When I stayed at this location I pulled up the night of the 28th and it looked as if there was a party going on. Guys were all outside of the building drinking beer with cigarette buds all over the ground. The lady at the desk and some guys with beer were in the lobby too. I checked in and rent to my room(NO ELVATOR!!!). When walking in to my room there was a very powerful must smell and cob webs behind the door. The room was very hot with no A/C on. It was horrible. The tv's were old as the beds. The carpet was filthy and the comforter on my bed had holes all over it. The repairs in the room looked as if a child was playing with duck tape. Before going to bed I pulled back the sheet and found bed bug droppings!!!!! YUCK! I will not be returning to this hotel ever. By the way when I woke up the next morning roaches were all in my sink and by the bed.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with no bed bugs!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Nick A, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank You for taking the time out of your schedule to write review. I apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us.I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate museres to address the problem that occured during your stay to prevent any future occurence.Our housekeeping staff has been notified of the problems that you incurred. we are aware of the discomfort you felt during your stay, and for that I sincerly apologize. We appreciate you sharing your concern, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better servc you in the near future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Red Roof is our hotel of choice because they are pet friendly.

This motel is not the norm for Red Roof.

Call it imagination, but I itched the whole night.

Room had a urine odor.

Room had a smoke odor, and was designated as non-smoking.

Carpets were filthy.

We needed an extra blanket. We were told that housekeeping had gone home already.

We asked if they had continental breakfast. They advised they had coffee.

We asked for spoons for our coffee. We were told they had no spoons.

The entrance door nearest our room had a sign that said 'door remains locked all the time. Use your card to enter.' However, there was a hole where the lock was supposed to be. It was not locked.

Outside that door it was apparent it was the place for employees/guests to congregate to go smoke because cigarette butts were everywhere.

This is a pet friendly hotel. When our pet entered the room, she went on point, searching for whatever was in our room. Although she found no critter, she found where they had left their marks.

They advertise wireless internet. BUT, it only works if you come to the lobby and use it. So it isnt wireless friendly.

Look, All I want to say is, check the room before you pay. Maybe it will be different when you visit.

This review is my opinion. And in my opinion, I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Before you rent, inspect the room, first. Please, you need to.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Nick A, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank You for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is not only meet the needs each and every guest we serve but exceed your expectations to make sure your stay is as pleasent and comfortable as possible. I want you to know we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occured during your stay to prevent any future occurence. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

...Not a bad stay.
Its dated, but clean. Very friendly and helpful front desk Lady.
It can be loud on the weekends (Hallways & Parking Lot)
We usually get the Suite (Kitchen etc) Spacious enough.
Sure the towels are not the best OR the Parking lot but we have been satisfied on both stays.

Not a 4 star. But it does the trick.

Room Tip: Get the suite. Best Deal.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Nick A, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Thank You for taking time out to give us feedback from your stay. We delighted that you found a Suite inexpensive, very clean with very friendly staff service. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Huntington, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We should have walked out and looked for a better place, but were afraid we wouldn't be able to find anything on a Friday night. Very friendly staff, but the hallways and stairs(no elevator) were very hot, smelly and dirty. The room didn't smell too bad, but I found myself keeping my shoes on and I didn't rest very well. My husband said people were noisy out in the hall around midnight. We only paid $50 and truthfully, I guess you get what you pay for. The place just needs a really good cleaning and renovation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Nick A, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience at the Brandon Red Roof. I am sorry that yyour experience didnot meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.
Maumelle, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Stayed for two nights last weekend and I honestly can't say anything good about it...ok well the air conditioner works.

Dirty, smelled of smoke. Our window was broken and had duct tape on it. Room service just changed out towels and toilet paper but failed to make the bed!

Pillows are flat, towels are thin and there are people drinking in the parking lot at 7:30 am!

Avoid this place like the plague! We are staying at the La Quinta next time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
599, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this review, July 10, 2011
I sincerely apologize that your experience was not satisfactory. What you experienced is not normal of our Red Roof Inn hospitality. In efforts to go green, our housekeeping changes bedding every other day unless daily service is requested. We are currently in the process of deep cleaning our rooms as well as retraining all staff. It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is our goal to make all guests feel confident in our abilities, significant as well as delighted by our southern hospitality. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our true spirit. Should you have any further comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me by phone at 601-824-3839 or via email at i0599@redroof.com. Thank you for your patronage.
Vacaville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

The room was very economically priced but..............dirty, wreaked of tobacco in non-smoking room, furniture falling apart, bugs (millipedes & roaches), book disappeared from room, bed so uncomfortable that I slept in a chair part of the night, no elevator, towels like thin sandpaper.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
599, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this review, June 19, 2011
Thank you for your response. I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. What you experienced is not typical of our Red Roof Inn property. It is unfortunate that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. We have had our property serviced for pests and are in the planning stages of renovations. Should you return to our area please allow us the opportunity to show you our true hospitality. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any further comments or concerns. I can be reached via email at i0599@redroof.com or phone at 601-824-3839.

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon? Share your experiences!