“this is bad, this hotel is a joke, save yourself” 1 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Brandon Jackson Airport E
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   215 Dande Rd, Brandon, MS 39042   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Brandon B&B and Inns
texas
“this is bad, this hotel is a joke, save yourself”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

maid just walked in at 930am with a donot disturb sign on the door, this hotel is a joke, cobwebs in the ceilling, dirty tile and carpet, shower head doesnt stay up, i guess i need to start travelling with a screwdriver. looks nice on the outside but the horror starts after check in. an exact copy of the best laquinta room i have ever stayed at, but they ruined it by putting a flat screen tv 4ft from the bed and 4ft from the jaccuzzi with no swivel mount, now you cant see it from either location. kind of a brainless thing to do, the room also had a horrible odor, i think they really didnt choose the right cleaning supplies, covering up smells with other horrible smells is not a good way to clean a room, also got rude person at counter, i think this must be a very difficult job because there sure does seem to be alot of rude people doing it, you think smileing and saying how are you today sir and we hope you have a nice stay at laquinta would be standard practice but these people dont even say hi when you walk in, they say, can i help you, in a way that says stop bothering me and get out. its ashame that such a beautiful hotel has to be ruined by poor management. i think i saw the manager as he staired at me while i was walking down the hall very rudely and intently, cant they just watch there cameras instead of making me feel like i am tresspassing

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

I booked this hotel at the last minute(on the company's website using my AAA discount), as I had to travel to MS to care for family business.
This hotel just opened in November 2008 and it is an EXCELLENT option for it's class.
I had never stayed in a La Quinta before, and boy did this one set the bar high!
My reasons are as follows:
-A hotel shuttle picked us up from the airport, and waited for us to resolve a luggage issue.
-The lobby was very nice (incuding a internet station for guests to utilize), and staff helped us ck in quickly.
-Our room (2 queen beds) featured cherrywood furniture, a flat screen tv, a fridge, microwave, desk, with a leather like retro office chair and super comfy beds
-A very nice complimentary breakfast spread
ADDED BONUS:
-The hotel shuttle also took us to our car rental agency which was in Flowod b/c we were stranded.
This hotel was in a very nice area, and everyone was so polite and helpful- especially the owners.
I highly recommend this hotel!
Side point: I also stayed in the La Quinta Inn in Canton, MS as a result of this stay, however I have to say that the Brandon location is SUPERB, and better than the Canton,MS location!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Climax Springs, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

This being a brand new hotel we were expecting great things. But came away disapointed and upset. We checked in and were questioned how we got the rate we did because the rate had been raised. We had our reservation for two months. We were then given a room that when we went in you could tell it had been smoked in a lot, it was a non smoking hotel. Housekeeping did not clean it good enough! They did move use to a clean room.We were given a gift basket because we are Elite members of La Quinta. It had Peanut butter crackers in it!! Took it back down to the front desk and the girl said she was sorry after I told her about the peanut recall.
We then tried to get online to check our e-mail and it did not work. Went back down to the front desk and she gave us a wire to try and hook up the internet through a direct line because the high speed wi-fi did not work. nothing worked. We we told the manager was working on it. We went to dinner half expecting it to work when we go back. It not only was not working but the manager had not done anything to get it working again and went home. We never saw him. We were told he would be back in the morning. We checked out at 10 am and the manager was still not in!
The empoyee's tried, front desk was nice and the breakfast attendent was helpful.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

I travel cross-country year round and I haven't stayed in a La Quinta for years because I found them to run down and out-of-date, often other abandoned brands that received an outside & lobby makeover but leaving the rooms outdated, often unclean, and with no fridge & microwave. This time I was stuck in a part of I-20 with very few hotels between Jackon & Meridian, MS so I took a chance on this La Quinta billed as "brand new". What a pleasant surprise, this is a new level of quality comparable to Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn and the decoration of the rooms and the quality of the beds similar to what I have experienced in higher level Sheratons. I hope LaQuinta management takes notice and brings its other properties to this level. It is highly overdue. Congratulations Brandon. I mostly write about my bad experiences, but this time I just felt compelled to write about this very attractive hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Brandon Jackson Airport E? Share your experiences!